Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I think they are fine as is and just need the current meta to shift in their favor.
    They have their place in low level newbie games, where meta is "rightclick the enemy", they are all excellent in that :d.

I wonder how buffing them would be any good for the game, reign of ADCs that can ignore the hardest part of being ADC? No, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Depends on comp, enemy got a Leona+Morgana+Ashe? Fuck yes Cleanse is huge. In fact almost any time the enemy has Ashe alone Id say Cleanse is better, half the reason Ashe is considered great late game is that ulti.

What it comes down to is Cleanse+GA vs Ignite/Heal + QSS. Personally I would say that the Cleanse+GA build in most cases, although if the enemy happens to have WW+Skarner+Malzahar you want the QSS.

To Meth, yes you can sit back, but I think for the short period the fight will be a 4v5 due to you having to wait for certain abilities to go off your team could possibly lose the game. Its why Katarina isnt ever a pick in the game either, she could sit out and wait until CC is on CD, but realistically thats either gonna take to long or just never happen.

The game has too much AoE CC in it right now and pure melee carries need more protection, Tryndamere is probably the strongest of the melee champs due to 6 seconds of not dying, but even he cant make it into proper competitive play.
    I dunno I've seen some sick fiora ults where she properly timed morgana's ult and ulted and ended up missing pretty much all damage from their entire team just because she went untargetable for the actual stun part of the ult.

Watching Gman Bob was a perfect example of my point. Enemy Lee-Sin goes 12-1, Bob is 9-6 as Corki. Bobs team go on to dominate the game because protecting Corki so he can lay down damage is so much easier. To get to Corki Lee Sin has to go through Rammus, Sona, Orianna and Cho'gath, and this isnt even counting in Corkis Valkyrie. Once an ADC has Last Whisper too he doesnt really care who he is shooting, because he will destroy them fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    They have their place in low level newbie games, where meta is "rightclick the enemy", they are all excellent in that :d.

I wonder how buffing them would be any good for the game, reign of ADCs that can ignore the hardest part of being ADC? No, thanks.
    The tanky melee meta sucked because it was just rammus/shen/amumu/sunfire cape spam until you won.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    I dunno I've seen some sick fiora ults where she properly timed morgana's ult and ulted and ended up missing pretty much all damage from their entire team just because she went untargetable for the actual stun part of the ult.
    Yeah, its always great when people pull it off, however the second you dont pull it off its all gone tits up :P I think a few AP items are pretty strong too on that front, everyones got DFG nuking near 50% of your HP when you get close and then Zhonyas for if you do get off that perfect Fiora ult thats gonna wreck face.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    New lux splash: she is insane. Oh, and her laugh.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Deleted
    Why does it feel like cho'gath and varus are ALWAYS f2p?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Cho'gath *is* free to play often. In fact, he was in rotation 2 weeks ago. Varus isn't free much though. Tends to be Ashe/Caitlyn/Vayne mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by akts View Post
    i think her smile is making my eyes hurt not her shiny lights :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Oh.. Em.. Gee... Im buying Lux now, that artwork is immense!

10+ Year Old Account
    And still people complain. Apparently for some people, crappy art >> awesome new splash just because it's what they're used to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    And still people complain. Apparently for some people, crappy art >> awesome new splash just because it's what they're used to.
    Warning, warning, subjective opinions, abort mission.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Warning, warning, subjective opinions, abort mission.
    He has a point though to be fair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by samhazza View Post
    He has a point though to be fair.
    What point? That everyone who dislikes the new art do so because of some bias he came up with out of thin air?

Deleted
    What point? That everyone who dislikes the new art do so because of some bias he came up with out of thin air?
    Just the fact that the art work is good but there is always some people who dislike it because its a change from what they are used to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by samhazza View Post
    Just the fact that the art work is good but there is always some people who dislike it because its a change from what they are used to.
    The opinion is that it isn't good. I personally think it looks bad. Sure, it's an improvement from her old NA artwork, but that really isn't an accomplishment.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's little debate over which is better in actual quality. Some of the old splashes are woefully poor quality. Lux wasn't the worst offender, but it most definitely wasn't top quality.

Giving preference to how something looks over another thing is fine. There's no accounting for taste. Denying the increase in quality is silly.

Even so, in this case (and a few others), it certainly feels like people cling to tradition and force of habit more than actually looking at the new pieces with an open mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    You have to admit her pose seems a bit unnatural, I think if they fixed that up it'd be perfectly fine. I feel like the odd one out when I say that I like the crazy face
    I'm with you, she looks awesome all crazy looking like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    There's little debate over which is better in actual quality. Some of the old splashes are woefully poor quality. Lux wasn't the worst offender, but it most definitely wasn't top quality.

Giving preference to how something looks over another thing is fine. There's no accounting for taste. Denying the increase in quality is silly.

Even so, in this case (and a few others), it certainly feels like people cling to tradition and force of habit more than actually looking at the new pieces with an open mind.
    Okay but in this case we need to be very careful we differentiate between quality as in graphical fidelity and quality as in aesthetically pleasing lest we fall into the deep pit of doom that is equivocation. While it demonstrably has a higher quality in the first case, I find that to be irrelevant. I'd rather listen to Flatsound in 128kbps mp3 than Deadmau5 in FLAC.

10+ Year Old Account
    She is borderline insane actually. Just read the lore surrounding her.

---------- Post added 2012-09-12 at 12:55 PM ----------

Okay but in this case we need to be very careful we differentiate between quality as in graphical fidelity and quality as in aesthetically pleasing lest we fall into the deep pit of doom that is equivocation. While it demonstrably has a higher quality in the first case, I find that to be irrelevant. I'd rather listen to Flatsound in 128kbps mp3 than Deadmau5 in FLAC.
    While I'd rather listen to neither, even if we substitute Flatsound with something more of my liking, I'd still not pick the 128kbps. Poor quality reduces the experience for me by so much, I'd rather pass on it entirely.

It's part of the reason you won't see me play, say, Miss Fortune. Though the new Splash art might fix that.