Excellent pictures, winx.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Excellent pictures, winx.
    Here here, they really look nice, what camera did you use, winx? Also what are your studio monitors of choice?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Nice pictures winx. Pictures 6, 7 and 8 look amazing - especially the last one. I reckon you create or mix music? Care to link/post any of it?

Also, what's your opinion on the ASRock Z77 Professional?

Wink

Thanks guys

DeltrusDisc: my old Canon 450D with the canon 50mm 1.8 lens (my first dslr, hoping to upgrade to one that can do video soon), and my monitors are Behringer Truth B3031A, on some Quiklok speaker stands... Don't let the Behringer name turn you off these speakers, they sound 'Amazing' in the studio, especially for the price compared to majority of others.

Marest: Thank you very much, to be honest alot of my build was inspired from your personal machine and your sticky thread on computer builds. Ive only had the machine for.. 3 days? First impression is that im really happy with the ASRock z77 pro, leaves me lots of future proof room, tri-gpu's, more ram if ever needed, and well maybe an over kill of rear usb ports? lol .. Give me a few months when I play with it properly and i'll get back to you on that As you can see from the components, im interested in getting into over-clocking, but gee its quick as it is at the moment.
    And yes, defiantly a music man, I've been dj'ing for 15 years, and producing music for about 10 of them. I decided to give my complete music setup a rest/break for a few months (MoP ... ) and re-arange my room for gaming / computer work, i left my mixer there in the middle for easy sound control for all 3 systems, and to still work on some beat production on my mac. As I've travelled though many various sorts of genre's of music over the years, the older I get, the more i enjoy doing downtempo/lounge/hiphop . Also produce beats for a group in sydney here in Australia.. i'll link you a couple of sound cloud tracks if thats alloud on this post?

http://soundcloud.com/pbx/pbx-loungology
    (a 1 hour set I did a while ago of downtempo lounge hiphop music)

http://soundcloud.com/pbx/anon-anons...-dont-try-this
    (some work with the sydney hiphop group, although this is abit more soul based then there regular stuff)

10+ Year Old Account
    My MX518 recently died, replaced it with it's brother, the G400. Here's to another 7 years, Logitech!

Also bought a light headset because the Sennheiser PC 360 gets heavy after 5-6 hours of use.
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-09-12 at 10:37 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Also bought a light headset because the Sennheiser PC 360 gets heavy after 5-6 hours of use.
    Pull out the extenders some more, problem solved

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    ......... gets heavy after 5-6 hours of use.
    dude....get up and walk around every once in a while

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Walking is for the weak!
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by winx View Post
    Hey folks, here's my little corner of the world.. Built my new pc a few days ago so thought i'd share it with you + my setup.
    Nice build and awesome pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Walking is for the weak!
    Exactly, it makes them stronger and healthier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    My MX518 recently died, replaced it with it's brother, the G400. Here's to another 7 years, Logitech!
    How the hell did you kill a mx518, i've had mine like 4 years now and it's almost as good as it was out the box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    How the hell did you kill a mx518, i've had mine like 4 years now and it's almost as good as it was out the box.
    He's had it for 7 years.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    He's had it for 7 years.
    I don't think you quiet understand how durable the mx518 is. I treat mine like crap and it hasn't even got a scratch on it. Only the Logitech badge has worn.

Yeah, I used my first revision 518 (got it at some point in 2005) up until a few months ago until the scroll wheel became a little too floaty for my liking.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you quiet understand how durable the mx518 is. I treat mine like crap and it hasn't even got a scratch on it. Only the Logitech badge has worn.
    I understand, I've had mine for a while and it's working fine.

But statistically speaking you're not going to see 100% of MX518's be immune to breaking lol. Eventually something has to give way after enough years of use (whether it be less responsive clicking or scroll wheel losing it's traction).

It's a durable mouse going by the law of averages, that is all.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    lol yeah seriously.

I used to take short minimal breaks during gaming, now I try to take longer ones and only use the headphones if I must, speakers are dominant, but still, for one's own health, taking numerous breaks will just make you feel better. Get up, talk to people, go outside, pet a dog, cook some food, brew some coffee, just something, the weight will suddenly disappear. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I couldn't find my camera and this was the best iPhone pic I could take. I think it looks beast

Twitch video

If you go to around 40mins in, you can see a raid with full ultra with my computer(with vsync). Let me know if you want any more iPhone pics XD.
    Last edited by Dropndestroyrr; 2012-09-13 at 05:43 AM.
    Dropndestroy | i7-3770k 4.6Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI | ASUS Maximus V Formula | G.Skill 16gb 2400 | AX850

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    I am running/exercising 1½ hours a day atleast. :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Meanwhile I don't understand how a Logitech mouse lasts 7 years when every Logitech mouse I've owned died within 16 months. -_-
    red panda red panda red panda!

Meanwhile I don't understand how a Logitech mouse lasts 7 years when every Logitech mouse I've owned died within 16 months. -_-
    I had an MX518...lasted me for YEARS. I had to give it up because it was getting a bit crusty, similar to the pic above.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are two kinds of Logitech mice. First there is the sturdy MX518 that represents everything that is right with logitech's mouse making department (). And then we have every other mouse ever made, whos name elude me because they are not particularly noteworthy.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar