VS

Who Wins?

^Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    This really needs a poll!

And Pirate!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

The ultimate killing machine
    Last edited by Meneldur; 2012-09-12 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Image too big

Deleted
    depends on the fight.
    Armed conflict to the death, Ninja wins
    Who can obtain the most stuff without paying, Pirate wins

Either way if I had to choose, then Pirates all the way

10+ Year Old Account
    Pirates, for one simple reason: You can scale up the number of pirates ad-infinitum and exponentially increase your pirate-powah quotient. Plus, parrots. However due to the Inverse-Ninja Law, when you add more ninjas the collective ninja skill level will drop. This means you will never have more than one effective ninja's worth of skill.

It's basic math.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

By looking at the pictures:
    The ninja has one sword. I cant see any more weapons. The pirate has one sword, one cannon and a parrot! Since its two vs one and the pirate has a canon, the pirate will win.

Even twenty pirates would be no match for a single ninja.

Ninjas!!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    History Channel says Pirates. Awesomeness says Ninjas. Reality says Robots. Or Zombies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Even twenty pirates would be no match for a single ninja.

Ninjas!!
    This maybe true, but due to the Conservation in Ninjutsu (aka the Inverse Ninja Law) things get more interesting as you scale up the numbers of Ninjas and pirates, as to start with the pirates would slaughter the Ninjas, but as the number of ninja's whittle the amount of ninja-fu for the remaining ninjas will increase and subsequently the last few to live will get exponentially more powerful as their numbers fall, However as you can't have the power of more than Ninja (due to the Conservation Of Ninjutsu) in anyone area and the Seven Seas can hold an aweful lot of Pirates I would have to give this one to the pirates

Well Ninjas are disciplined warriors, skilled in MANY weapons and tactics, while pirates are mostly a pack of lazy dogs that have a problem with autorities other than their own.

So yeah, even tho i like poirates (YARRR) ninja wins for sure if he wasnt poisoned before the fight.
    In normal circumstances the pirate would die and not even know a ninja is near.

Deleted
    1v1? Surely ninja. What good is a cannon, a parrot or a gun when the pirate will be cut in half or find himself with a shuriken stuck between his eyes before he even knew the battle had started?

Considering this must be the time where pirates and ninjas actually were alive at the same time (good'ol), the pirate would only have one bullet and one cannonball too, ruling out that argument. Also, the aim of those oldschool guns were not to be counted on when passing about 25 feet -.-

Ninja Attacks from shadows

Pirate pulls out pistol and shoots

Ninja dodges and decapitates

Pirate dies

Ninja Celebrates

Parrot attack in a fury filled with grief, pecks eyes out

Parrot wins and become supreme overlord
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Well Ninjas are disciplined warriors, skilled in MANY weapons and tactics, while pirates are mostly a pack of lazy dogs that have a problem with autorities other than their own.
    The ninja at the top of the thread is how Holywood sees them - actual ninjas were assassins, not warriors, and often dressed up in inconspicious clothes, like a peasant's, for example, to be able to easily move around. (see that guy at the top? how far would he get, trying to walk around dressed like that? now compare some random, inconspicious-looking peasant... get the idea?)

Now, pirates - pretty much a bandits at sea, so they obviously had to know how to fight, as the sailors on attacked ships would defend themselves, not to mention they could have actual combat capable people hired to protect them, and there's the military after said pirates.
    Much closer to "warriors" than ninjas, if you ask me.

So, going from there - if the ninja goes to act like a proper assassin, look inconspiciously, surprise the pirate, and stab him in the back (or poison his beer), they'd probably win. In open combat, though, my vote goes to the pirate.

(think WoW's warrior vs rogue fight, if rogue opens from stealth and such, they probably have a good chance of winning the fight - if stealth wouldn't be used at all, and it'd be open combat, warrior would probably be the winning one - now apply something similiar to ninja vs pirate fight)

I know, I take things far too seriously. I have a sense of humor though, honest!
    Last edited by Demoneq; 2012-09-12 at 12:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    ninja all the way

Pirates are way cooler, Ninjas have Naruto sullying their name, nuff said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Ninjas, cuz butt pirates.

10+ Year Old Account
    This depends. Is it a real life ninja, or a fictional ninja?
    If it's the latter; obviously the ninja.
    But a real ninja stands no chance.

I know he is not a pirate, and that guy is a pretty shitty ninja, but the point still stands. You can do all the fancy stuff you want,and the gun will still win.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    This depends. Is it a real life ninja, or a fictional ninja?
    If it's the latter; obviously the ninja.
    But a real ninja stands no chance.
    I know he is not a pirate, and that guy is a pretty shitty ninja, but the point still stands. You can do all the fancy stuff you want,and the gun will still win.
    But a real ninja is a assasin not some fancy swordswinging guy in black clothes. He would stab the pirate in the back, poison his drink or blow up his ship without the pirate having a chance to pull a gun on him couse he doesn't even know he was there.

A pirate, cannons are way cooler then throwing knifes.