Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Anyways, I have cleared TFB (on story) and I can agree that it is by far the best Operation to date. Granted there haven't been that many, this gives me hope for the future of raiding in this game. I'm just in awe that there wasn't one single bug that we had encountered.
    This is exciting news, because I thought Denova was a really well done raid. Other than too much trash and not enough bosses, I believe it was pretty close to on par with ICC and Ulduar. If you are saying TfB is better, or even as good, that makes me happy.

I gotta say, the dev dispatch made me INCREDIBLY excited to give it a try.

I'm disappointed to see still no Cathar on that list... but everything else looks cool. I'm really glad I can match my companions' armor now, some of them are fashion nightmares.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    This is exciting news, because I thought Denova was a really well done raid. Other than too much trash and not enough bosses, I believe it was pretty close to on par with ICC and Ulduar. If you are saying TfB is better, or even as good, that makes me happy.
    I don't think that it was on the level of those raids at all. BT, SWP, and Ulduar is pretty much the pinnacle of raid content that has ever been made. I'm not sure why we need to compare them anyways.

As someone who has played WoW since the beginning, I have been a staunch advocate of no mods, damage/threat meters, etc in SWTOR. I also feel that the obviously lower difficulty fits with the style that these Ops have for a variety of reasons:

1) Let's be honest. The overall caliber of SWTOR raiders is drastically lower than WoW. There's nothing wrong or insulting about it. More people that play this game have Zero experience raiding or playing MMOs in general. There are plenty of people with high skill level, but not like other games that have been out for a loooong time.

2) As someone who has been in content progression, I liked the change of pace. It reminds me of the 'old days' where I could get hammered and blast through content with people. Translation: Ops are actually FUN.

3) I think the speed at which they are increasing difficulty of encounters is a learning curve for developers and players. They both are growing at a constant rate, which is a great thing for a game. I know a lot of 'hardcore' people are disappointed by these strategies, but they have always represented the ultimate minority in MMOs. I don't want any game catering to them anymore...and I used to be one!

Ultimately, I think SWTOR puts enough fresh mechanics in Ops that we haven't really seen and I like that. The minefield in Denova and the puzzle bosses are nice breaks from stand here, move here, kill this.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post

I gotta say, the dev dispatch made me INCREDIBLY excited to give it a try.
    Whoa... Whoa there.

Lets not go overboard.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I don't think that it was on the level of those raids at all. BT, SWP, and Ulduar is pretty much the pinnacle of raid content that has ever been made. I'm not sure why we need to compare them anyways.

As someone who has played WoW since the beginning, I have been a staunch advocate of no mods, damage/threat meters, etc in SWTOR. I also feel that the obviously lower difficulty fits with the style that these Ops have for a variety of reasons:

1) Let's be honest. The overall caliber of SWTOR raiders is drastically lower than WoW. There's nothing wrong or insulting about it. More people that play this game have Zero experience raiding or playing MMOs in general. There are plenty of people with high skill level, but not like other games that have been out for a loooong time.

2) As someone who has been in content progression, I liked the change of pace. It reminds me of the 'old days' where I could get hammered and blast through content with people. Translation: Ops are actually FUN.

3) I think the speed at which they are increasing difficulty of encounters is a learning curve for developers and players. They both are growing at a constant rate, which is a great thing for a game. I know a lot of 'hardcore' people are disappointed by these strategies, but they have always represented the ultimate minority in MMOs. I don't want any game catering to them anymore...and I used to be one!

Ultimately, I think SWTOR puts enough fresh mechanics in Ops that we haven't really seen and I like that. The minefield in Denova and the puzzle bosses are nice breaks from stand here, move here, kill this.
    I think the difficulty of the ops is a two ways road. Firstly, the good gamers have left the game because the content was not challenging enough and because the SWTOR raiders are not the most skilful, the content is easier. Now, about mods. WoW's been designed around mods and that's why raids in WoW are more difficult than SWTOR. With no tools Omen/Recount/DBM to have more info and metrics in the game, no macros for cursor over healing and focus casts, the raids are going to be easier. IMHO, what defines a good raider, is his awareness in positioning, situation adeptness and his reaction time. WoW's gives you that and that why it's PvE is more challenging.

If BW wants more hardcore players in SWTOR they should add those feature. I'm neither against or encouraging mods, I just saying my opinion. (don't hate the gamer, hate the game )

So far, puzzle fights are the most interesting and innovating content in my PvE "carrier" and I have to tell that TFB is just amazing. Much better than all the previous ops.

10+ Year Old Account
    This. My guild and I just cleared 2/5 HM lastnight on the PTS and will be doing 4/5 tonight. The mechanics in HM are different than story, so I don't want to ruin the fun for you guys For once (in a VERY long time), I actually enjoyed raiding. Yes we were running in blind and trying to figure out the different mechanics, but overall it was just extremely exciting.

This content coming is based on execution more-so than gearing. If you fail to execute something improperly, its a wipe. I will just say my favorite debuff on the 2nd boss is the one where it makes you unable to be healed... and if you are healed, you take the damage of the amount healed and give it to the boss. It was quite interesting trying to figure out why our tanks were being one shotted our first attempts hehe.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Well. I think it's a little too late, seeing as bioware already lost 75% of their playerbase...
    Well seeing as the 25% of us still here would enjoy content updates, I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    This. My guild and I just cleared 2/5 HM lastnight on the PTS and will be doing 4/5 tonight. The mechanics in HM are different than story, so I don't want to ruin the fun for you guys For once (in a VERY long time), I actually enjoyed raiding. Yes we were running in blind and trying to figure out the different mechanics, but overall it was just extremely exciting.

This content coming is based on execution more-so than gearing. If you fail to execute something improperly, its a wipe. I will just say my favorite debuff on the 2nd boss is the one where it makes you unable to be healed... and if you are healed, you take the damage of the amount healed and give it to the boss. It was quite interesting trying to figure out why our tanks were being one shotted our first attempts hehe.
    I understand your guild is going for world first but won't you guys be burnt out on the patch before it ever makes it live?

Just updated OP with these changes that were patched in today.
    Originally Posted by SWTOR

Flashpoints and Operations
    Flashpoints
    Lost Island
    • Transgenic Sample Eleven's overall damage has been decreased in Story Mode. *UPDATED 9/12*
    • Project Sav-Rak no longer spits Rak Rot in Story Mode. *UPDATED 9/12*
    • In Story Mode, Doctor Lorrick no longer casts Satchel Charge, and Corrosive Smash's cooldown has been increased. *UPDATED 9/12*
    • Doctor Simlo and Doctor Proxinus are now easier to defeat. *UPDATED 9/12*
    • LR-5 Sentinel Droid's Discharge now gives players a 4.5-second warning in Story Mode (and a 3-second warning in Hard Mode) before activating its ground effect. Players can now move the impending effect away from the group or tank. Plasma Arc no longer has an activation time and is executed while moving, and Incinerate is correctly marked as area of effect damage.*UPDATED 9/12*
    • In Story Mode, LR-5 Sentinel Droid's Discharge ground effects have a longer duration before growing in size, and it is limited to 3 active effects at one time. Incinerate's damage has been reduced, its damage over time effect can be dispelled, and it is now only applied to its primary target (instead of nearby targets).*UPDATED 9/12*

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
    • Lowered the volume of some vociferous training droids on Korriban. *UPDATED 9/12*

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelis View Post
    Still no word on hood toggle for Jedi Knights

Guess Bioware couldn't be bothered to put it in

I can't be bothered to re-sub then
    I'm not sure if this is by design or a bug, but there are couple of helms that will remove the hood from robes. My Knight uses a head band that hides under her hair, so you really can't see it, that drops off the hood of her robe. To toggle the hood on and off I just have to toggle the show/hide helm.

People still play this game? I thought it was dead after 2 or 3 months.

<Infracted, please post constructively>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-09-12 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    That's like saying "people still live in vermont?"

Because there's more people subscribe to swtor than live in vermont.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    I understand your guild is going for world first but won't you guys be burnt out on the patch before it ever makes it live?
    Right now the, the fights are extremely fun to do. The gear farm will take longer than it did in EC HM since there isn't anything to buy with black hole comms other than new implants. I think this will keep us entertained for longer.

It was. Even the new "super sized" merged servers are dying out at rapid pace (average number of players at the fleet has dropped like 50% during peak hours since the merge on the server I played on). The new amazing rated warzone system lasted a whole month(!). Now you're lucky if you get 1 game during a week.

This new patch is just sad as well. Most of these changes should've been made 3 months ago (I mean just the fact that there's 3 months between minor class balance changes kinda says it all :P). Now, unfortunately, the game has deteriorated to the point where they won't manage to turn it around. Eventually all they'll have left are pure Star Wars fans that enjoy the storylines (which are quite good if you have a genuine interest in Star Wars and its lore). It's quite unbelievable how badly they managed to screw up a game with such a massive budget and potential. Then again, why would Bioware manage to maintain its old reputation and quality when everything else EA purchases goes straight down the toilet :P

Deleted
    Makes me want to play again, really sad this game didnt become big as it should have

<Infracted, please post constructively>
    The actual game is a lot better than people who bash it give it credit for. PVP and PVE are both very fun, the early ops were too easy and they had some fail early with poor management of server loads but since the mergers it's been fine. Faster content would be nice, but it's no slower than WoW and the actual content that comes out is generally pretty good. Anyone who has done KUS, LI or EC will vouch that they are very fun flashpoints/operations.

To me the PVP is even better than the much hyped GW2 and definitely better than WoW. Just having tanks able to actually taunt and guard as well as lots of knockbacks and grapples etc makes it a lot of fun.

I think a lot of people left becaues they wanted to play with friends etc in other games like WoW instead of giving it a chance or meeting new people. Most of my friends are playing other games in the mean time so I joined a new raiding guild and a pvp guild on another character and have been having a great time.

To me, there isn't another MMO right now that can compete with the quality of SWTOR, it just needs more content (that's coming) and I'll be happy.

This thread is about the new patch they are working on the PTS right. Let's please not let it get sidetracked into a "omg people still play this" or a debate about server populations. No need to even respond to people on those topics in this thread since there are other threads that cover those things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    This thread is about the new patch they are working on the PTS right. Let's please not let it get sidetracked into a "omg people still play this" or a debate about server populations. No need to even respond to people on those topics in this thread since there are other threads that cover those things.
    Thanks for cleaning the thread up a bit, also you guys should put up a link to either Methodical or CKN's stream of HM TFB which is in 9 hours but still, people may not know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    That's like saying "people still live in vermont?"

Because there's more people subscribe to swtor than live in vermont.
    Where are you getting your information on ToR sub numbers? Last I checked they didn't give an actual number on the last earnings call. If there's a reliable source for sub numbers I'd like to have a link to it. I'm always curious to see how upcoming patches affects subs. As an example Trion announced a sub increase when they revealed the Rift expansion. 1.4 going to the PTS may have brought some folks back.

p.s. I just had to google Vermont and found a population of 626k for 2011 for anyone else who is curious : )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    Thanks for cleaning the thread up a bit, also you guys should put up a link to either Methodical or CKN's stream of HM TFB which is in 9 hours but still, people may not know about it.
    Or they should tune-in to Chosen's stream since they are leading progression right now ;D

Either way, any and all streams will appear in the streaming thread that is stickied at the top of the forums.