10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Someone asked Burke about the ESPN article that put the Leafs as the worst team in all sports in North America during a charity golf tournament today and he said "ESPN doesn't know a thing about hockey". Enter the punchline, and while it's true that ESPN doesn't know anything about hockey, it doesn't excuse the fact that they have sucked so much over the years. But considering the list was so laughably biased and pro-American, it doesn't surprise me. They rated Phoenix as the best ticket value team of any franchise in the league purely based on one season where they got to the playoffs and that Pittsburgh will win the most championships in our lifetime. Sorry, but in my lifetime, Detroit has won the most and the Pens are considerably far behind in that regard.
    Toronto over the Astros, Blue Jackets, Islanders, Bobcats and Browns?

Also the best value would probably be San Jose, their tickets are so cheap they lose money when they sell out every game.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I heard about that on the radio, there were several factors and rankings but it felt like they were just taking a shot at Toronto because it's easy to. Bang for your Buck, Fan Relations, Ownership, Affordability, Stadium Experience, Players, Coaching, and Title Track. They put Toronto dead last in Bang for your Buck, Fan Relations, and Affordability. They don't drop lower than 25th in anything. The list is actually quite retarded, they have Phoenix ranked 1 for Players and Coaching. LOL

They also have Calgary almost last place for Stadium Experience which is pretty bullshit and obvious this list knows nothing about hockey. Same category, TO is 27th. Who voted on this? Doesn't Toronto have one of the nicest arenas in the league? Even more of a joke, Nashville is ahead of people for Title Track. Have they even won their division before? I guess making it to the second round twice warrants 16th place on an ESPN Title Track. Why do they even bother covering Hockey at all? Seriously leave that shit to TSN and people who actually care about the sport.

link http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/team...gs/_/sport/nhl

I don't know about you guys, but while the ACC is nice and all, I find the stadium experience to be pretty bad. The lower bowl is largely corporate people who genuinely couldn't give a shit about the Leafs at all, and the fans (at least in the last 4-5 years) have been not very supportive AT the games. The best fans can't afford to pay 100 bucks for shitty seats very often, and so the crowd is pretty shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a shitty list. ESPN knows nothing about the NHL, and should stop bothering.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    apparently detroit is tied with Pittsburgh for titles, behind them in coaching....
    lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow.. Whose idea was it to make that list?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Scott Gomez with his best year yet! Tied for the league lead in points..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is almost time for a name change 2012-1013 lockout season

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Justin Bieber was offered a contract with the ECHL Condors. According to their coach he has "A devastating wrist shot that could be NHL caliber goalies. And combines toughness and skill." Apparently to be a coach in the ECHL you just need to know what a wrist shot is.

Also Seguin resigns with Boston for 6 years. 5.75M per, great contract for the kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    nope nope nope

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    I tried to change it to NHL Pre-Season Lockout Thread but strikethrough doesn't work in titles. If the lockout happens and we actually miss games I thoroughly expect I will change it to the 2012-13 Fuck Gary Bettman and the Owners Thread.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess the players made an offer, owners said there wasn't much change and sent them back a counter offer. They said this is the final offer, take it or leave it basically. If the players don't accept it by the time the current CBA expires, there'll obviously be a lockout but this current counter offer, won't be on the table ever again. Seems like both sides aren't budging at all. The owners say the NHLPA's definitions haven't changed and clearly the NHL doesn't care for the offers they've been receiving.

"We're certainly on our side anxious to get a deal done as soon as possible, but it takes two sides to negotiate," Bettman said.
    Guess he's trying to play the "it's their fault not ours" hand. Oh well, don't know about you guys but I'm sticking true to my prediction of the season not starting until at least American Thanksgiving. Woulden't be surprised if the Winter Classic was the first game of the year either tbh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Guess he's trying to play the "it's their fault not ours" hand. Oh well, don't know about you guys but I'm sticking true to my prediction of the season not starting until at least American Thanksgiving. Woulden't be surprised if the Winter Classic was the first game of the year either tbh.
    Well, thats more time to watch NBA League Pass for me I guess lol. I hate lockouts, I really do. Why the owners want to risk devestating the leagues current growth is beyond me. Then again they have been willing to do exactly that the last three years by supporting a cancerous tumor in Phoenix (and Florida, Dallas, Columbus, etc.) rather than moving them to profitable markets so I can't say I am at all surprised that some of them are willing to go into a lockout to get their extra 1-2% and contract terms they prefer. After all, they need to set up all these rules so next offseason they can find ways to work around them just like the last fucking CBA.
    "Oh but we're broke and we can't afford these deals to keep our team competitive." -Minnesota's owner who then went out and handed out $200 million in contracts in a single day.

15+ Year Old Account
    what happened to the question mark in the title of the thread?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    what happened to the question mark in the title of the thread?
    I needed a toothpick.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I heard on the news today, the league is expected to make the lockout announcement tomorrow afternoon, which pretty much makes Bettman and the owners a bunch of premature ejaculators when it comes to a CBA expiration date. By the sounds of it though from what I heard on the radio today, the league's offer was pretty much how the current CBA is with a few major changes that were obviously needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp... Guess I'll pay a lot more attention to the NFL.

---------- Post added 2012-09-13 at 01:29 AM ----------

Detroit signs Colaiacovo for 2 years 2.5M per. Finally we sign a d-man.

---------- Post added 2012-09-13 at 01:32 AM ----------

Toronto also signs Scrivens to a 1 way contract, I guess Burke is going into the season with Reimer/Scrivens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaron Rodgers is a pussy.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bye bye NHL, you are dead to me thanks to the greed of the owners.