Poll: What review scores will MoP get?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

MoP review scores

Hi everyone, what review scores do you think MoP will get?

I think it will get around 60% because it's not as good as the previous expansions for WoW like WOTLK, TBC and Vanilla.

It is also too similar to them and I think this will make the reviews bad.

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    Have you actually looked at any of the changes?
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

70% - Not spectacular, not bad, but sure as hell not worse than Cataclysm.

Go any higher than that and I can only say "I'll have what he's smoking."

Majora's Mask was also 10x better than Ocarina of Time. Bit of a tangent, but that needed throwing in; don't judge a game or a book by its reviews.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2012-09-14 at 08:45 AM.

Deleted
    Reviews will probably give it 90+. Reviews don't mean anything though, if you like the game play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    since ive done something many have not, and actually tested the beta, and read about the other things i chose not to test.. i give it a 95% - 99%. its wonderful but nothing is perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    Reviews will probably give it 90+. Reviews don't mean anything though, if you like the game play it.
    I won't play a game unless it's over 90%. That's just my rule...

Deleted
    Depends who's giving the scores. I bet some sites will give it 90%+, but I'll give it 70-80%, let's say 75%.

Deleted
    A rating is subjective. To abide by a rule like that, means you will miss out on alot of good games.

Deleted
    Then you're a fool and most likely you have already missed a ton of good games. The rule is that people who love it give it 100% in general, people who hate it (some not having even played it or previous expansions in a game like this) give it under 30%, so the entire mark drops. Only a few reviews are actually pertinent and put in balance the good and the bad. In the case of MoP, hatred over Blizzard has accumulated so much that the game might get a lower score only based on the fact that more people who hate it will vote.

Overall, as I said, it's a bad choice to chose only games which are over 90%, rather better is to play a demo or... pirate it, and if you like it, buy it. That's what I do.

Deleted

Have you read about any of the updates? Have you watched any beta videos? Have you actually logged into Beta?

I reckon 90-94%. The Cataclysm reviews I've just looked up from trusted websites seem to have given around 8.5-9. Mists is significantly better.

Deleted
    I would imagine professional reviews such as magazines will give MoP around a 85% to 90% score. After a month or so I suspect the more important user reviews will be a lot lower, maybe around 60%.

Sad truth is, that while in many ways MoP is the strongest and most feature packed wow expansion yet, it is simply too little too late. MoP is the expansion that cataclysm should have been. Add to that the fact that Blizzard have given Arena Net a whole months head start, that will undoubtedly affect sales of MoP as many players simply won't have the need to come back as they are getting their mmo fix elsewhere.

Deleted
    No review with a fair rating will ever give 1 or 10. That said, I think MoP will be awesome, but 90-94% is wishful thinking. It's WoW, people will always rate it 1-2 for whatever good reason they think they have.

70-79% is, I think, most likely. Especially since it's the biggest range on the scale.

I'm going with 8/10. GW2 still hasn't been reviewed on my site of choice yet, so either they've forgotten it or they're actually playing it for more than 10 minutes and giving a score based on the quality of the free stuff they were given by the PR people...

Just to inform as to what else gets good reviews;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012...believe-review
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...ki-review.html

Sobering stuff, food for thought. I wouldn't give reviews too much credit, but each to their own.

70-90. people might flog it off as too samey. the leveling is really not all that special & kinda dull when i was doing it early beta. but the end game has really improved alot and not the same as its been the last few expansions.

Deleted
    If looking at reviews, look at the reasons given. Some people give it a high score but take off 0.5 points because in the short time they played it they ran into something they personally didn't like.

Ratings are always given according to how people feel about it. If they're in a bad mood, the rating could go down. It's all subjective.
    I suggest playing it first before giving it a low rating. I had the pleasure of playing the Beta multiple times at a friend and i absolutely loved the changes, and i'd give it a 90+, while others that didn't like it will give maybe a 20 or 30, which would lower the overall rating immensely untill other higher votes are given.
    If you have 9 people voting 90, and 1 voting 20, it would go below the average of 90, which is why you could miss out on many wonderful games Thekrik.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Just to inform as to what else gets good reviews;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012...believe-review
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...ki-review.html

Sobering stuff, food for thought. I wouldn't give reviews too much credit, but each to their own.
    Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga are two of the biggest selling artists of the last decade. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they're bad. They're obviously doing something right.

As I said before, about 90-94%. Cataclysm got really good reviews and Mists is by far superior. If the reviewers play WoW actively, then it will get better reviews due to the said person being happy that DS has come to an end and there is fresh content :P

10+ Year Old Account
    oh look who it is again.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you make your purchase decision on someone else's view of a game ? I buy anything that looks appealing and that looks fun. If I don't like it then to bad for me.

I'm guessing some sites will give it a low score in order to score cheap points with their audience. Blizzard-hating seems to be the tried-and-true method of gaining fast recognition with the vocal parts of the interwebs these days.

As for actual reviews? Haven't got a clue.