Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Were SS romances ever implemented?

I haven't logged in to ToR for quite some time (I wasn't able to devote sufficient time to it to justify the monthly fee), but at launch, I distinctly remember seeing that the developers intended to implement same sex romance options.

Did that ever happen? My, admittedly cursory, scanning of the updates doesn't seem to indicate it was, and I don't see any emphasis on it being worked on. Was it simply shelved?

Just curious, not some "oh noes!" sky is falling question.

No. Honestly this is probably one of the lowest priorities. There is a lot that needs to be done before they even touch something like that. I mean what is more likely to keep people playing? New content or SS romances? Maybe in an expansion when they add new companions. If they even bother since they don't seem very focused on pushing content quickly now. They were very vague on new story content in general.

Ooh, that doesn't sound good. The "very vague on new story content in general", that is. Also "they don't seem very focused on pushing content quickly now" merits a "ugh". Thanks for the answer though!

Well it's basically the soon answer for content which is never soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkenburg View Post
    Ooh, that doesn't sound good. The "very vague on new story content in general", that is. Also "they don't seem very focused on pushing content quickly now" merits a "ugh". Thanks for the answer though!
    Let me elaborate further with those statements:

Same Sex romances will come with new companions (not HK lol). They won't change the current ones.

New story for classes will come with Makeb, the new planet.

They are done with current 1.4 content (as stated in their latest interview), but are waiting to release it. My guess is that they are trying to get more stuff done in the background to 'stockpile' content, so when they release 1.4, they already have a headstart and can deliver that 6 week content promise.

Bioware has already answered this. It would be "poor storytelling" if you logged in one day and all of a sudden all of your companions just flipped sexual preferences. SGRA will be added when new romancable companions are added.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Let me elaborate further with those statements:

Same Sex romances will come with new companions (not HK lol). They won't change the current ones.

New story for classes will come with Makeb, the new planet.

They are done with current 1.4 content (as stated in their latest interview), but are waiting to release it. My guess is that they are trying to get more stuff done in the background to 'stockpile' content, so when they release 1.4, they already have a headstart and can deliver that 6 week content promise.
    They haven't answered the class content in Makeb, just planet stuff. It's very vague, but it seems like there won't be any class content which seems to be the only story content people care about aka they don't skip.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    Bioware has already answered this. It would be "poor storytelling" if you logged in one day and all of a sudden all of your companions just flipped sexual preferences. SGRA will be added when new romancable companions are added.
    this would be really dissapointing. my knight and kira would be perfect for each other, as would my hunter and mako :/

:edit: now, that's not to say i don't understand why. it would be odd for them to all of the sudden be like "hay baby ;3" lol
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2012-09-10 at 01:24 AM.

A (female) friend of mine who just started playing wondered if her female agent could romance Kaliyo, I said no.

Which is weird, since Kaliyo actually has what is pretty clearly an ex-GF in game already...

10+ Year Old Account
    while not high on the list of content badly needed, it does kinda suck to be 'forced' to play certain genders if one was interested in experiencing all content options in the game....assuming one cared about that aspect of the game that is...

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a huge and active thread on this on the official forums with no official dev comment. Not even a "there is no update on this matter". Personally I think they are avoiding it like the plague just not to add any more to their list of broken promises.
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    There is a huge and active thread on this on the official forums with no official dev comment. Not even a "there is no update on this matter". Personally I think they are avoiding it like the plague just not to add any more to their list of broken promises.
    Actually the main thread for it was updated 9/7 by Joveth.
    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Hi folks, I'm here to give a quick update to this issue. It's not much, but we actually do not have any new information to share with you at this time. Should that change, I'll be more than happy to update this thread!

Thanks for your patience and thank you for supporting the game! As I mentioned in the email to Uluain, we really do appreciate your discussions on here and we are definitely keeping tabs.

MTFBWY

(Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    khem val...why don't you love me? :*(

They said they would implement it when they add new story, so I would guess Makeb. They can't break their promise till Makeb comes out, so lets all put down our pitchforks for now.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    Also this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they would have done it if the game had been successful. But now with their developers jumping out the nearest window, it's hard to see them putting in the money for something that offers very little return.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Actually Gabe Amatangelo said on an interview last week that SS romances will come in Makeb.

Here's the link.

http://youtu.be/7Tt493G-SrI?t=10m49s

Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    Actually Gabe Amatangelo said on an interview last week that SS romances will come in Makeb.

Here's the link.

http://youtu.be/7Tt493G-SrI?t=10m49s
    He thinks it is. That's pretty far from actually confirming it. He intentionally doesn't use strong wording so that in case it doesn't make it people won't jump all over BW for "lying".

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I think they would have done it if the game had been successful. But now with their developers jumping out the nearest window, it's hard to see them putting in the money for something that offers very little return.
    The game is plenty successful. I believe it is the second highest selling MMO in the west. How is that not a success? It still has sub numbers that most other MMOs only dream of having.

And since you didn't even read the rest of the thread, I'll repeat what myself and others have said. Its still coming, they still plan on having it, but WHEN IT MAKES SENSE.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope something gets implimented soon. I like Elara Dorn more than Aric Catmando. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    The game is plenty successful. I believe it is the second highest selling MMO in the west. How is that not a success? It still has sub numbers that most other MMOs only dream of having.

And since you didn't even read the rest of the thread, I'll repeat what myself and others have said. Its still coming, they still plan on having it, but WHEN IT MAKES SENSE.
    When you have to change your business model after not even a year it's hard to see that as success. I'll believe it when I see it. The guy in video says he thinks its in an upcoming patch, but that look on his face doesn't inspire confidence.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I hope something gets implimented soon. I like Elara Dorn more than Aric Catmando. =)
    They aren't doing that, only added SS romance to new characters, not previous. Elara Dorn won't suddenly become bi. No matter how awesome it would be.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.