Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

80 Things to do at level 80

http://guildwars2hub.com/features/ed...gs-do-level-80

Some of them are kinda stupid (e.g. 12, 28, and 42), and some of them overlap a bit too much (e.g. 19 and 20, or 32, 33, and 34), but it's still a pretty decent list overall.

There have been some rumblings amongst different segments of the MMOmniverse that, once you reach level 80 in Guild Wars 2, there really isn’t much to do in the game. Having recently hit 80 on my necromancer, I can honestly report that couldn’t be further from the truth. And because I’m in the mood to put my virtual money where my mouth is today, I decided to whip up the following list of 80 things to do once you’ve reached level 80.

Bear in mind that some things on the list may be completed prior to reaching the level cap; it all depends on the path you took and what content you completed to get there. However, given that Guild Wars 2 is a true completionist’s paradise, I highly doubt most players who hit level 80 have done even a quarter of the things listed here.

The items below are listed in no particular order, and I'm sure there are loads of things I didn't even think to include. If you have any of your own suggestions or thoughts on what awaits players at the endgame in GW2, be sure to let us know in the comments!

80 Things to Do At Level 80

1. Complete your personal story
    2. Defeat Zhaitan
    3. Unlock all available skills for your profession / race
    4. Raise your crafting disciplines to skill level 400
    5. Earn enough gold to purchase a racial armor set
    6. Earn enough karma to purchase an exotic armor set
    7. Play through all dungeons in story mode
    8. Complete all dungeons in explorable mode
    9. Complete all 33 possible explorable mode dungeon paths
    10. Earn enough dungeon tokens to purchase a set of armor
    11. Collect a set of armor from each dungeon in the game
    12. Start a petition to make the Undead Orrian Chicken a new necro minion
    13. Earn enough karma to purchase a racial weapon
    14. Craft an exotic weapon for your character
    15. Craft an exotic armor set for your character
    16. Purchase a Dragon’s Deep weapon
    17. Earn all possible PvE titles
    18. Experiment with new builds for your profession
    19. Discover all possible recipes for your crafting disciplines
    20. Master all crafting disciplines
    21. Experiment with the Mystic Forge
    22. Create a Mystic weapon in the Mystic Forge
    23. Craft a legendary weapon in the Mystic Forge
    24. Explore all areas in the game
    25. Find and use a vial of black dye
    26. Find a vial of black dye and give it to a friend
    27. Create or purchase a full set of 20 slot bags
    28. Give Logan a wedgie
    29. Participate in the Norn Keg Brawl
    30. Unlock all Keg Brawl achievements
    31. Create a new character to experience a different profession / race
    32. Participate in structured PvP
    33. Raise your sPvP rank
    34. Achieve the rank of Ascendant in sPvP
    35. Complete your favorite sPvP cosmetic armor set
    36. Collect new cosmetic weapon skins for sPvP
    37. Unlock all possible cosmetic weapon and armor skins in sPvP
    38. Earn all sPvP titles
    39. Find and complete all 31 jumping puzzles
    40. Complete the current Monthly achievements
    41. Help your guild earn influence to unlock additional perks
    42. Outrun a centaur
    43. Charm all possible pets as a Ranger
    44. Create an all-ranger guild called Team Rocket, lose constantly in sPvP
    45. Collect all 101 types of cooking materials
    46. Fill every collection slot in the bank with at least one item
    47. Participate in World versus World
    48. Help your world win in WvW
    49. Defeat enough enemy players in WvW to complete the medal
    50. Complete the awesome Yakslapper achievement in WvW
    51. Complete all WvW achievements
    52. Build and use all siege weapon types in WvW
    53. Earn all possible WvW Titles
    54. Play the organ in Caledon forest, and party with the Quaggan
    55. Earn enough gold to purchase a Commander Tome
    56. Visit the monument to Killeen and pay your respects
    57. Defeat the Shatterer
    58. Defeat the Claw of Jormag
    59. Defeat Tequatl the Sunless
    60. Add new friends to your friend’s list
    61. Organize an in-game event for your guild
    62. Complete every map in the game
    63. Participate in meta events
    64. Discover and participate in new dynamic events
    65. Collect stacks of butter and butter prank your friends
    66. Learn the ins and outs of the Trading Post
    67. Get rich selling Globs of Ectoplasm
    68. Buy a Box o’ Fun and throw a party in Lion’s Arch
    69. Complete an armor set for your character’s Order
    70. Read all of the books in Divinity's Reach
    71. Read the story of how Ebonhawke was founded
    72. Complete all possible weapon achievements for your character
    73. Defeat the Champion of Grenth and purchase the exotic armor set
    74. Write about your level 80 experience, have it published on GW2Hub
    75. Purchase a set of armor from the guild armorsmith
    76. Purchase a set of weapons from the guild weaponsmith
    77. Complete all Slayer achievements
    78. Complete the Lifetime Survivor achievement
    79. Go skydiving in Arah after defeating Zhaitan
    80. Have fun!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

You sir, are my hero.

EMPHASIS ON #80!!!

edit: Wow I didn't even know about half the things on this list. You can skydive?! What's Dragon's Deep? Champion of Grenth? Sounds amazing.
    Last edited by Artorias; 2012-09-14 at 05:50 PM.

Participate in structured PvP
    Raise your sPvP rank
    Achieve the rank of Ascendant in sPvP
    Complete your favorite sPvP cosmetic armor set
    Collect new cosmetic weapon skins for sPvP
    Unlock all possible cosmetic weapon and armor skins in sPvP
    Earn all sPvP titles
    this is just an example of how they put 10 things in their list while is 1 thing..they can just say do sPVP..I am bored to bring all the examples here, but the list is not 80 things in no way..I can say in wow for example

play pvp
    get the gladiator chest
    get the gladiator leggings
    get the gladiator trinket

anyway, it is interesting though but it could be more solid and much smaller...

pvp
    grind gold
    dungeons
    grind gold
    achievements
    grind gold
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-09-14 at 05:59 PM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    this is just an example of how they put 10 things in their list while is 1 thing..they can just say do sPVP..I am bored to bring all the examples here, but the list is not 80 things in no way..I can say in wow for example

play pvp
    get the gladiator chest
    get the gladiator leggings
    get the gladiator trinket

anyway, it is interesting though but it could be more solid and much smaller
    OK so it's 40 things, many of which take 100+ hours to complete. Have fun! :P

Deleted
    I think this is stretching it. Pretty much:

Grind Karma
    Grind Gold
    Grind sPvP
    Grind WvWvW
    Grind Legendaries
    Do fun stuff (This one can be expanded)

They should all just be solidified, tbh, but the rest is agreed with. There are plenty of things to do that just involve roaming the game world and finding neat little places. I would not have stretched the list out so much, personally.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shame most of them take no time to complete, oh well there's some decent things to go there. Shame i've done most of them already

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Shame most of them take no time to complete, oh well there's some decent things to go there. Shame i've done most of them already
    Depends on your definition of 'decent'. If you aren't a competionist style of player than yea you'll probably get bored of GW2. It's a completionist's heaven. There are thousands of hours of content, but if you don't enjoy that kind of content then hey, at least you got your $60 worth right?

15+ Year Old Account
    While it could be smaller, there are some things on the list that people didn't realize, such as 33 explorable dungeon paths, and whatnot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    Depends on your definition of 'decent'. If you aren't a competionist style of player than yea you'll probably get bored of GW2. It's a completionist's heaven. There are thousands of hours of content, but if you don't enjoy that kind of content then hey, at least you got your $60 worth right?
    Pretty much how I see it I'm by no means a completionist but yet I'm compelled to get and do everything.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well my personal story is bugged so not sure how I can even do the first one, but yea it's basically grind grind, do I have a problem with that? Nope, it's an MMO. There will always be a grind no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    OK so it's 40 things, many of which take 100+ hours to complete. Have fun! :P
    Was I the only person who was reminded of the (end of) Lore youtube videos after reading this? xD

(Don't know what Lore [Youtube] is? http://www.youtube.com/user/lore?feature=results_main)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raise crafting to 400. Did it once and that was a pain grinding materials.
    Karma gear? Saved up my karma from level 1 to 80 and that was enough to get 1 piece so no thanks.
    Dungeons are ok, did a few on my warrior and well this game hates melee users so i was dying a lot more than the ranged members in my group.

WvW is the only fun i have at level 80, unless its against a certain French server then it's no fun because they outnumber you and are actually organised.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Well my personal story is bugged so not sure how I can even do the first one, but yea it's basically grind grind, do I have a problem with that? Nope, it's an MMO. There will always be a grind no matter what.
    It's not just a grind either. Sure if you are that completionist gamer who wants to go out and spend 100s of hours on something truly epic, the game provides that achievement for you. At the same time, the great thing about GW2 is you can just go out and DO things. You can do whatever you want from level 1-80, and no matter what it is you will be rewarded in pretty much the same way as everything else (Karma, XP, Gold). That's the true beauty of the way it is set up. Just have fun, and the rest will follow.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Was I the only person who was reminded of the (end of) Lore youtube videos after reading this? xD

(Don't know what Lore [Youtube] is? http://www.youtube.com/user/lore?feature=results_main)
    Yea, I've been watching them, now I say Have Fun! after everything I say haha.

As a troll, I'd say if raids aren't on that list, there is nothing to do. >_<

Luckily I played a Tauren and an Undead, not a troll.
    I think the coolest one would probably be "Learn the lore", as a lot of people are probably clueless as to the world of Tyria and all it's stories, including myself. That, and just listen to townsfolk conversations, or TALK to event/random NPCs instead of...not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    I think this is stretching it. Pretty much:

Grind Karma
    Grind Gold
    Grind sPvP
    Grind WvWvW
    Grind Legendaries
    Do fun stuff (This one can be expanded)

They should all just be solidified, tbh, but the rest is agreed with. There are plenty of things to do that just involve roaming the game world and finding neat little places. I would not have stretched the list out so much, personally.
    Well, I said the same thing in my OP. They "stretch" the list because "80 things to do at 80" has a nice ring to it, I imagine, and it's pretty obvious where the stretching happens, but the list overall is pretty good at listing more specific tasks.

Maybe you don't want to go "all out" in sPvP, but would still like to just have some fun with it. Not everybody does it all!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, yes, there may be 80 things you can do. . . but they all fall under the umbrella of 3 things.

Grind Gold
    Grind Karma
    Grind Tokens.

No thanks, Ill stick to sPvP and WvW. GW2s end game PvE system is horrid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    but they all fall under the umbrella of 3 things.
    You're aware this is basically true of all video games, though, right?

In WoW, just as the easiest example, there is:
    Grind gear
    Grind achievements
    Grind arena rating

WHAT?! There is a Yakslapper in GW2?!!?

[Real GW1 players know]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You're aware this is basically true of all video games, though, right?

In WoW, just as the easiest example, there is:
    Grind gear
    Grind achievements
    Grind arena rating
    Yeah. . . . exactly. GW2 does a poor job of doing end game PvE. PvE, is getting to the point that I dont think I will ever step foot in another dungeon, and I dont see me zerging Orr any more or in the future.

The PvE model in GW2 works great while leveling, when you hit the level cap, not so much. The game is not difficult. . at all. I have YET to be challeneged in GW2 and I have cleared most of the dungeons and even taken down ZTan. . . if you can even call it that. . . .

=o[

I am extremely disapointed in GW2 end game PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    The game is not difficult. . at all. I have YET to be challeneged in GW2
    I can agree with that, but I wouldn't then translate that to say "they've done a poor job with endgame"

They just need to tune the difficulty of the content better, and use a scale other than "lawlz moar HP is hard!"

Instead of giving up on the game, use your voice to let ANet know that this doesn't work well, and then see what they come up with. They're actually pretty good about listening to player feedback.