Poll: Are you enjoying the "Endgame"?

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    It all has no substance because it's cosmetic? Is that what you're driving at?

That doesn't logically fit with what you said about Challenge Modes.
    Apparently because there is no "leader boards" in GW2 for the PVE content has no subsistence

How bout you just realize you prefer YOUR game and leave it at that. Your allowed, its ok, and no you dont need to tell us about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    You completely contradict yourself here.
    Well, I'm hoping that "no substance" simply means "none of that is a challenge" in that statement, though I doubt it.

I can agree that this game isn't challenging enough difficulty-wise, and I'm certainly hoping enough players ask for more difficulty that Arena Net finds a good solution. But otherwise, I feel like this game does have plenty of "substance"

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    Apparently because there is no "leader boards" in GW2 for the PVE content has no substance
    I suppose that's a possibility, but I've never much cared for leader boards, myself. I find leader boards to be lacking substance, personally. :P
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

People just made the same mistake as they did with D3... to buy a game just for the hype without knowing what was all the game about... This game is a PVP game with PVE extras... I don't buy a Battlefield game to play the campain but to PVP, if you wanted PVE end game this game was not for you, and you made a bad choice buying it... This game is great if you like to PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    I can agree that this game isn't challenging enough difficulty-wise, and I'm certainly hoping enough players ask for more difficulty that Arena Net finds a good solution. But otherwise, I feel like this game does have plenty of "substance
    "

The biggest problem with this wish is that some are already "Crying" for nerfs to the dungeons so how on earth are we to expect anything to get "more" challenging. I guarantee you this, If tomorrow they came out with a patch that significantly increased the difficulty on DE's, tomorrow the forums would be flooded with ZOMFG this game is so elitist and impossibru!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Your character doesn't have to get stronger in order for it to be worth doing. Or else Challenge mode in WoW will be a HUGE flop, and MoP won't change a damn thing.

It's fine if you care about that, and only that, but that's not what this game is for.
    So in other words this game is designed for completionists? I can't remember that arenanet said so anywhere before the game was relesed and that's why I always try to get into a beta so I can see for myself what a game is like but unfortenately I didn't make it to beta in this game. It's ok though since its a no sub game I have already got my moneys worth but I can't see myself play it for much longer since I'm not a completionist. They did many things right with this game but the most important thing for many people is lacking: things to do in endgame if your not a completionist.

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest problem with this wish is that some are already "Crying" for nerfs to the dungeons so how on earth are we to expect anything to get "more" challenging. I guarantee you this, If tomorrow they came out with a patch that significantly increased the difficulty on DE's, tomorrow the forums would be flooded with ZOMFG this game is so elitist and impossibru!!
    Difference is that failed DEs are 100% acceptable. You still get karma, gold, exp, and influence.

You just miss out on any "phat loots" that a boss chest might drop. And who cares about that? You can't get better than exotic level 80 gear anyways.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 01:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    So in other words this game is designed for completionists? I can't remember that arenanet said so anywhere before the game was relesed and that's why I always try to get into a beta so I can see for myself what a game is like but unfortenately I didn't make it to beta in this game. It's ok though since its a no sub game I have already got my moneys worth but I can't see myself play it for much longer since I'm not a completionist. They did many things right with this game but the most important thing for many people is lacking: things to do in endgame if your not a completionist.
    If you researched this game before you bought it, one of the first things you would have found out is that constantly increasing power does not exist. There's a maximum threshold of power, and that's all part of the game design.

If you see that as only being designed for "completionists" you can think that if you want. All that really matters as that you want your gear treadmill back.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Running a dungeon over 60 times in order to get a full set is NOT my definition of fun. It is grindy, tedious, and annoying.
    2. No, you haven't been in some of the explorable modes if you're saying this. It has nothing to do with "player skill". Mobs 1-2 shot you from regular hits, not even special attacks and aoe's. Where does player skill fit into that?
    1. Neither is mine, that's why I stopped playing WoW and bought GW2. Not sure why you answered that to me...
    2. I guess I'll have to be the captain obvious here: it fits in avoiding the regular hits...?

10+ Year Old Account
    "

Actually, people aren't asking for nerfs. They are asking for fixes. Most of the boss mechanics are just stand there dps, avoid shit on ground and kite them. Nothing really to it. Problem is they one shot you without doing special attacks most of the time. Same with mobs. From what I've seen on the forums, a bunch of people are asking for harder DE's and dungeon bosses with more mechanics. Just the damage output from mobs and bosses in dungeons thats the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarissaxoxo View Post
    Considering as a thief I could generally solo 4-7 mobs on my own, I'd be inclined to ask for DEs (where you're with 5-10 other people) to have hoards of 50-100 mobs attacking you. Granted it becomes an AoE-extravaganza, but it should make it more difficult. At the moment it's just la la la la afk~.
    That's basically what the Orr temple "raids" are. Just endless mobs and a few tendrills to kill/NPCs to protect. Truly a zerg. People ask for it in map chat, "Where's the zerging at?" and so forth.

Not sure if you got to Orr yet but perhaps that's what you are asking for?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    People just made the same mistake as they did with D3... to buy a game just for the hype without knowing what was all the game about... This game is a PVP game with PVE extras... I don't buy a Battlefield game to play the campain but to PVP, if you wanted PVE end game this game was not for you, and you made a bad choice buying it... This game is great if you like to PVP.
    Yes, if it really was PvP and not a running marathon to get to the zerge and then a running battle with the other zerge. Zero skill in there and at the end of the day my char is exactly the same as when I entered. Now, I hardly believe this is going to entertain most people for months or even weeks to come.

Deleted
    When I say no substance I mean:

- everything is similar, the settings are similar, the mobs are similar, the bosses are similar. It's as bad, if not worse, than the HoT, ZA and ZG heroics.
    - it's not challenging: let me elaborate, Spine Hc was challenging because the fight got progressively harder as you successfully progressed, and each time required more and more healing/dps as a result of the increased challenge. In dungeons there is no challenge, really, due to the downed-mechanic. As I said in another thread, the bosses generally have 2-3 abilities and just have 10 trillion hp.
    - playing for a unique set item is fine ... if the set item was unique. Most of the gear awarded from dungeons is not unique and you can find the same skin, much easier.

PS: I like the dye concept. I actually wish a lot of games could employ a similar system - I would love to have my Priest's Devout set (yes, I wear full Devout because I'm pretty cool) to be gold, or the same colours as the Prophecy tier set.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    That's basically what the Orr temple "raids" are. Just endless mobs and a few tendrills to kill/NPCs to protect. Truly a zerg. People ask for it in map chat, "Where's the zerging at?" and so forth.

Not sure if you got to Orr yet but perhaps that's what you are asking for?
    I got to Orr and was playing with my boyfriend, however our server is pretty much dead already as people transferred to other servers: we found it to be fun to duo champion mobs (designed for 20-30 people) but ultimately Orr was more an ache and I can definitely imagine how it becomes just a train zerg which goes to point A, B, C and then repeats for maximum karma.

PS: Sorry for the late quote, Fencers, I was making my boyfriend some food.
    Last edited by mmoc1d10c03494; 2012-09-14 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    1. Neither is mine, that's why I stopped playing WoW and bought GW2. Not sure why you answered that to me...
    2. I guess I'll have to be the captain obvious here: it fits in avoiding the regular hits...?
    1. "I hate to be the "play for fun" guy, but what makes you think you should be rewarded for playing a game you enjoy? If you don't enjoy, why the heck were you playing, at the first place? " Is what you responded when I said I don't like that one run in explorable mode only earns you 20-30 tokens. So, I responded with that. Because I don't find it fun. And being rewarded and that feeling of accomplishment is why we play mmo's. Or else I could just go play Mario kart all day.

2. Seriously? Lol dude go do a few explorable mode runs before saying that. Getting hit is going to happen, you are going to aggro and mobs will bash your shit in.

Deleted
    Difference is that failed DEs are 100% acceptable. You still get karma, gold, exp, and influence.

You just miss out on any "phat loots" that a boss chest might drop. And who cares about that? You can't get better than exotic level 80 gear anyways.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 01:50 PM ----------

If you researched this game before you bought it, one of the first things you would have found out is that constantly increasing power does not exist. There's a maximum threshold of power, and that's all part of the game design.

If you see that as only being designed for "completionists" you can think that if you want. All that really matters as that you want your gear treadmill back.

I did research it but I don't remember reading that it was designed for completionists, if I had read that I would more than likely have skipped it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    I did research it but I don't remember reading that it was designed for completionists, if I had read that I would more than likely have skipped it.
    It's not "designed for completionists" in the least, though it obviously does support that gameplay. That's your incredibly biased and subjective viewpoint that is entirely based on the simple fact that this game does not have a gear treadmill.

Is LoL designed for completionists? Nobody ever technically gains more power over time, though they will temporarily snowball within a single game, and then have to start it all over again.

It's the same thing in GW2, just without the snowballing (except for WvWvW, though maybe some sPvP maps have this too) - it all comes down to player skill, and gear is largely irrelevant outside of min-maxing your build.

Deleted
    It's not "designed for completionists" in the least, though it obviously does support that gameplay. That's your incredibly biased and subjective viewpoint that is entirely based on the simple fact that this game does not have a gear treadmill.

Is LoL designed for completionists? Nobody ever technically gains more power over time, though they will temporarily snowball within a single game, and then have to start it all over again.

It's the same thing in GW2, just without the snowballing (except for WvWvW, though maybe some sPvP maps have this too) - it all comes down to player skill, and gear is largely irrelevant outside of min-maxing your build.

I regard it as a completionist game since the things do to list that people keep posting is 95% completionist activities. Sorry, what I have seen of the PvP so far has had very little to do with skill and much more to do with zerging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Farming 252k karma in a zerg doing a rotation of all the events in Straits of Devastation seemed like it was going to be really boring at first but I'm getting karma faster than I thought and it really is pretty fun actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember all the gw fan boi lovers saying there would be no grind in gw2.

Last time I checked exotic gear was far better than masterwork and rare. It will take some time to get geared in exotic gear.

I know some of you are prepared to farm hours on end for it, be as boring and mindlessly dumb as it is, but most of us will just say fuck it, not worth it.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-09-15 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I remember all the gw fan boi lovers saying there would be no grind in gw2.

Last time I checked exotic gear was far better than masterwork and rare. It will take some time to get geared in exotic gear.

I know some of you are prepared to farm hours on end for it, be as boring and mindlessly dumb as it is, but most of us will just say fuck it, not worth it.
    It takes little to no time to get your first full exotic set. Assuming you keep mats as you are leveling. I made my exotic set 2-3 days after hitting 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    It takes little to no time to get your first full exotic set. Assuming you keep mats as you are leveling. I made my exotic set 2-3 days after hitting 80.
    I'm talking outside of crafting. The 5 man, the WvW grind.

Absolutely. I love the idea of having such a long-range goal like GW2's legendaries to shoot for. I can happily play the game casually for a year while slowly working towards a very ultimate goal.

It's exactly what I was hoping for: the game I fearlessly run to in between all other games.