10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    on the last games i encountered 2 guys that left when someone do a First blood, it was like "GG" "Has left the game"...
    Yeah, those happen a lot more frequently than I'd like.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Also, there was an update today? something started to download but i see nothing.
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, there was an update today? something started to download but i see nothing.
    Enchantress got an update.

10+ Year Old Account
    No new heroes, but they made Enchantress look like a stoner and apparently introduced some new crash bugs.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Hah, now she looks more weird

And Drow Ranger eyes are more bigger.
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    https://dotabuff.com/matches/40783820

Tinker buys arcane boots and calls me a noob for asking what possessed him to do that. Instead of being a good sportsman and saying "gg" at the end, he just spams "get raped," a bunch of similar crap.

Sometimes I think there should be some button somewhere that we could push that would make someone's monitor spontaneously detonate in response to some kind of douchebag threshold being breached.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Enchantress got an update.
    I'm having a hard time seeing how that can be even remotely called an update.

She looks atrocious right now.

credits: Supernerd

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell do they justify Bloodstone? Such a motherfucking OP item, for the mana regen if nothing else. Even with just the base 6 charges it's a fucking stupid amount of mana regen in a single slot and completely removes any sort of balancing factor from heroes like Lesh, Zeus, Krob, or Storm. Then you add in the base mana and health it provides, plus the benefits on death and... yeah, they need to nerf the shit out of the item, the mana regen at least.

Heroes like the ones above should never be able to reach a point of "okay I can spam spells on cooldown, my mana bar is basically gone now," in a reasonable game because managing your mana is like 80% of their gameplay, especially Storm.

Jesus christ, I finish Bloodstone and suddenly my farm goes from merely decent to unstoppable, I finish BoT in the next 60 seconds and now there's a Krob teleporting constantly, farming waves and snowballing out of control. It's even more ridiculous on Storm Spirit or especially Leshrac.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    How the hell do they justify Bloodstone? Such a motherfucking OP item, for the mana regen if nothing else. Even with just the base 6 charges it's a fucking stupid amount of mana regen in a single slot and completely removes any sort of balancing factor from heroes like Lesh, Zeus, Krob, or Storm. Then you add in the base mana and health it provides, plus the benefits on death and... yeah, they need to nerf the shit out of the item, the mana regen at least.

Heroes like the ones above should never be able to reach a point of "okay I can spam spells on cooldown, my mana bar is basically gone now," in a reasonable game because managing your mana is like 80% of their gameplay, especially Storm.

Jesus christ, I finish Bloodstone and suddenly my farm goes from merely decent to unstoppable, I finish BoT in the next 60 seconds and now there's a Krob teleporting constantly, farming waves and snowballing out of control. It's even more ridiculous on Storm Spirit or especially Leshrac.
    And don't forget the respawn timer, i got that Bloodstone with Rubick and damn, always casting all kind of spells and having more of half the mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    And don't forget the respawn timer, i got that Bloodstone with Rubick and damn, always casting all kind of spells and having more of half the mana.
    I don't even care about the respawn and AOE heal on death, though they're extremely good... but those require charges, too. You need like 25 charges to get an instant respawn (which, granted, is completely gamebreaking when it's late game and respawn times are like 90 sec), but even at just 6 charges it provides an INSANE amount of mana regen in a single slot.

And it's that mana regen that bothers me, because for about 5k gold, you remove the practical balancing constraints on Lesh, Storm, Krob, and similar heroes that have spells which are highly spammable but are limited by mana costs. Rubick can also fall under this category if he steals these spells (Lesh's lightning, Krob's crypt swarm, etc) though infinite Fade Bolt spam is pretty powerful in its own right.

I don't think the heroes are overpowered at all (I can say from plenty of experience that Lesh and Krob are worse than dogshit if they don't get items), but once they get Bloodstone they start snowballing out of control almost by default, which means it's Bloodstone that's causing the problem.

On a different note, have they ever considered adding a .25-0.50 sec lockout on all abilities after using Blink Dagger? I don't like that someone can blink and then immediately pop off an ability (Ravage being the most obvious) before anyone on the other team can respond or even react. Wards and vision work fine in pubs, where Tides tend to be very predictable (Tide is hiding on a cliff, he will be blinking in as soon as his team gets closer), but against more experienced Tides that aren't as easy to predict... it's really hard to avoid Ravage hitting 2-4 members of your team, and considering the power of Ravage (and other ultimates, but Ravage is the easiest example), I'm not sure if that's really fair. A very short delay of .25 sec to .50 sec would give enough time for someone on the other team to respond... but only if they have excellent reaction time, which seems fair to me.

you mean like Global Cooldowns? well it may helps to avoid the Ravage. something related could be done too about the Epicenter.

The manaregen? really? Orchid costs less gold, is easier to build, provides huge manaregen too, gives decent damage and AS and 5s silence and amplify damage. Sure, Bloodstone has its benefits like giving huge HP boost and the respawn, but it cost almost 5k. you wouldnt expect 5k item to be weak, would you?

Can't change blink>ult heroes without making them absurdly weak. If TH didn't have instant ravage he would never get picked.

They could change Pugna's Ward to damage players as they use abilities/items, which would disable dagger, poor guy could use some more exposure lately.

but against more experienced Tides that aren't as easy to predict... it's really hard to avoid Ravage hitting 2-4 members of your team,
    good advice
    suck less

srsly getting good ravage vs decent team is so fuckin hard even with blink

and bloodstone OP?
    yeah buddy

please stop whining
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-09-15 at 06:00 PM.

Hey brand new to Dota2, messed around with some Bots games, found it easy to get in to (bit harder last hitting due to animation then LoL, but nothing a bi of practice didnt cure) and was wondering if there was any advice before i go into the game? Or webites were I can get some good guides etc (stuck to Moba fire in lol for so long, using items and builds that had no place in the game, before i actually found a site that had half decent info on playing.)

Speaking out of context here, but I have a friend who is the only one of our group not to get an invite lol, does anyone have any running spare that they are happy to give up? (we are not Russian )

Also, supplementary to the posts I made before - I have now become much better with Invoker and can see why he is almost always banned or picked, such versatility allows him to mold into anything your team needs. Love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Hey brand new to Dota2, messed around with some Bots games, found it easy to get in to (bit harder last hitting due to animation then LoL, but nothing a bi of practice didnt cure) and was wondering if there was any advice before i go into the game? Or webites were I can get some good guides etc (stuck to Moba fire in lol for so long, using items and builds that had no place in the game, before i actually found a site that had half decent info on playing.)
    Glad to see that you've decided to give Dota 2 a try! I'll post some links to the places I checked out when I started playing, hopefully they can help you as well.

DotaCinema - They make hero spotlights/in-depth guides along with guides explaining the various aspects of Dota such as Lane Control, Warding, Roles etc. (They also do Top10 Weekly plays and Fails that are usually entertaining).

Purge's Guide to Dota - "Welcome to Dota 2, you suck!". People have different opinions on Purge as a caster/person in the Dota scene but this guide he wrote is widely considered a very good resource. It's a bit of a read, but well worth if you want to learn more about Dota 2.

Finally there is just the Dota 2 wiki. This place is like most other wiki's, features complete listings of all heroes and items. A good place to look if you just want to know what the different heroes can do.

That's all I can think to link you right now, there are some more stuff out there. Happy researching!

As for some general advice, just stick to the guns man. Dota 2 can be a really rough game to get into but it becomes so gratifying when you learn what to do and play with decent people.
    Last edited by mmoc5fa303d2cd; 2012-09-15 at 10:23 PM.

@Varix, Ty very much will check them all out tomorrow when I start playing. The game does feel very good from the few 1v1s i had with a friend who is also new to the game (blocking an exit with those wolfs, drove him insane:P not sure what hero i used but damn when i made that play i was so happy lol).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    I'm having a hard time seeing how that can be even remotely called an update.

She looks atrocious right now.
    Update, not necessarily an upgrade.