Page 6 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    For fights that you are allowed to have a pet, affliction is amazing. After couple hours of messing around I finally killed Deathbringer Saurfang and there is no way I could have done it without SB: Health Funnel. I tried a pull as demo and I just dropped in like 20 seconds.

Looking forward to trying more content with this, its a really fun solo style. Way more fun then doing it with my DK I think.
    You had to do the boat with how many ppl? Solo doesnt work.

I can never get ppl to help on ICC because they dont wana get saved on 10m so they can go 25 to get a chance of invencible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    You had to do the boat with how many ppl? Solo doesnt work.
    You need to be at least two, three is easy.

Had fun with Reliquary of Souls in Black Temple, doable in Dark Apotheosis even after losing all your mana. 12min fight, could have been less.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-09-16 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    You had to do the boat with how many ppl? Solo doesn't work.
    I just did it with two friends. Marrowgar, and Deathwhisper were both super easy solos.

Yeh Morrowgar and Deathwhisper I had made them, but got into a brickwall on Boat becuase due to the game mechanics cant be done solo.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't easy either (you can see in the video I linked quite a few of bodies).

But a lot of those I was just being retarded, hah.

Im curious how you did it though, as affliction with the crazy amount of heals I found it pretty tight keeping up. I didn't think that destro had enough healing (ember gen is way slower then shard gen) to keep up.
    Healing isn't really too tough until ~50%; for the first 30 or so seconds in the fight, I don't even lose any hp. In the beginning I get up to 4 embers and cast 4 chaos bolts, then the rest are used for ember tap. Blood Beasts die extremely fast with havoc, so I have more time to focus on the boss as destro than affliction.

---------- Post added 2012-09-15 at 09:34 PM ----------

Btw, LK should be soloable as well. I tried for a little bit, but i'm just getting back from a huge break and my gear is crap (Ilvl 397). I was able to get him to 77% a few times, but it just wasn't happening. I soloed HC LK on beta at 90 and the only difficult part was phase 1, the others were a joke, so if you are in full heroic T13 gear, you should be able to down him on normal fairly easily.

Deleted
    Has anyone tried soloing Malygos, I get him to the final air phase on the drakes easy enough as affliction but when you get the drake I can't do enough healing to my drake while doing damage to Malygos. Is it even doable?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhit21 View Post
    Has anyone tried soloing Malygos, I get him to the final air phase on the drakes easy enough as affliction but when you get the drake I can't do enough healing to my drake while doing damage to Malygos. Is it even doable?
    1-1-2-3, repeat. That's the only thing to know.
    And avoid standing in the aoe ofc.

Make sure you continue to dps him during the transition into P2. You should have very little to dps in P3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adversarius View Post
    Btw, LK should be soloable as well. I tried for a little bit, but i'm just getting back from a huge break and my gear is crap (Ilvl 397). I was able to get him to 77% a few times, but it just wasn't happening.
    I will probably try it a bit later, need to get people to clear out valithria for me.

It appears Aventura has soloed Reliquary of Souls!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...(Black-Temple)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It appears Aventura has soloed Reliquary of Souls!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...(Black-Temple)
    Hmmm... http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18438792

Quote Originally Posted by Adversarius View Post
    Btw, LK should be soloable as well. I tried for a little bit, but i'm just getting back from a huge break and my gear is crap (Ilvl 397). I was able to get him to 77% a few times, but it just wasn't happening. I soloed HC LK on beta at 90 and the only difficult part was phase 1, the others were a joke, so if you are in full heroic T13 gear, you should be able to down him on normal fairly easily.
    I'm constantly wiping at the 70% transition, the damage gets really high then.
    Lots of ways of doing it http://i.imgur.com/0A8ga.jpg
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-09-16 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Mental note: Don't post early on a Sunday morning.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I've tried everything, I've read all the posts in this thread 3 times at least. Kael' Thas, I can't get him down. I save all my embers for ember tap and I take so much damage on last phase. I just don't get it. I watched a video of a destruction doing it post patch 5.04 and it's not the same at all. I'm full heroic DS geared so that should not be an issue. All my talents are what has been suggested. My health just drops instantly and no matter how much I tap I get owned. I'm not standing in fire, I'm not worrying so much about the phoenix, just burning. Nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Explosions View Post
    Alright, I've tried everything, I've read all the posts in this thread 3 times at least. Kael' Thas, I can't get him down. I save all my embers for ember tap and I take so much damage on last phase. I just don't get it. I watched a video of a destruction doing it post patch 5.04 and it's not the same at all. I'm full heroic DS geared so that should not be an issue. All my talents are what has been suggested. My health just drops instantly and no matter how much I tap I get owned. I'm not standing in fire, I'm not worrying so much about the phoenix, just burning. Nothing.
    Last phase, so it's phase 5? I guess you're standing right into a Never Vapor during the Gravity Lapse, each debuff reducing your health by 10% and stacking. So yeah, with a -90% health debuff you would end up dead quickly
    Just stay away and it's safe. And beware of falling damage when Gravity Lapse ends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Explosions View Post
    Try to get a Glyphed healthstone/Soul leech+Mortal Coil+soul link(20% Extra health) talents if u are not using them already

Take care of phoenix with Havoc using x3 Incinerates then Change target and use Fel flame/confl to finish him and then Kill egg(For me The Extra Dmg Phoenix is Doing is not Low so i'm

Don't SPAM Ember Tap let him take you are ~50% Health and make sure you use it after your Healthstone/Mortal Coil are both on Cooldown and Interupt his Fireballs with Spellock and "Fly" away on each Gravity lapse(Starting Outside kaels Room->running down->Run to Al'ar Room and if it takes you longer than that Keep Running bit by bit to the Entrance

And beware of falling damage when Gravity Lapse ends.
    They Fixed that Thankfully

I'm constantly wiping at the 70% transition, the damage gets really high then.
    Lots of ways of doing it http://i.imgur.com/0A8ga.jpg
    I did it as destro. I found it to have the most self healing out of all the 3 specs. Just have to time heals so you don't get rapped by infest.

Deleted
    Malygos was doable pre-patch, even easier now - the only hard part pre-patch was P1, now it's all trivial.

stack the hot to 5 stacks before malygos engages, 1-1-2, then wait until the hot has 1 second on it and hit 3. Repeat.

Interesting that people have been ambitious enough to get Saurfang down - I'm generally not that interested unless a mount is involved, but it certainly proves we've got promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    just got sarth 3d down as affliction, did about 10 wipes as destro then decided to go aff to keep some damage up while i had to heal my pet, overall took ab out 28 wipes. died as my last fel flame hit him and killed him. gonna try again next week to see if i can get a kill with me still alive:P

http://i.imgur.com/pgwAj.jpg
    I think, it's even easier than it was prepatch, but still it's somehow challenging to hit the required damage to kill him, before he gets all buffs.
    Did it in 4.3 as Demo. (maybe I should heave edited the ghostrun out of this video, but I wanted a proof, that it's done with 3 drakes )

@Malygos: I solve the flying phase by doing it in circles. Stacking the debuff at Malygos 2 or 3 times and then holding it activ with a 5cp finisher. Then I stack 5cp with the heal on myself and use the heal finisher with one or two heals afterwards and continue to stack the debuff on Malygos. Doing it this way, the debuff should never fall off.

Perhaps it's a bug, but last time I tried (prior to 5.0.4), the first drake that came down (can't remember which one it is) started hitting me for 75k+ every 1.2 seconds. It's been quite a few years since I was last in there, but I don't seem to remember it one-shotting tanks back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've started relearning a lot of fights for my other alts, since more kills = more chances! I've come to the conclusion that I will never use a Prot pally to solo Ony or Malygos lolol. Man, 40 minute kills are so not ideal compared to the locks 10 minutes very max kills. On the bright side, had forgotten Ony never enrages and you can wait on your flying disk for 30 minutes for the berserking buff to drop off Malygos. =P

Have never seen Sarth 3D's drakes hit me for that much... you mentioned it'd be a few years since you were last there, and the encounter has seen it's fair share of nerfs. The original version could easily hit for that much.
    Last edited by Moggie; 2012-09-17 at 05:26 AM.