Page 2 of 131 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Keybinds are weird, really weird to me, I use modifiers, 234 etc and I'm perfectly fine with all buttons keybinded without a naga. Recommend changing some of the wording there and just offer it as a layout of where you could keybind and not what to keybind where. Other than that, good guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    The pic is wrong right now since as i mentioned belove the link to it CTRL and Shift should be painted Red as they are modifier keys, However using Mouse modifiers allows you to keep your picky around Z < A to use them as your main abilities the best win with using your picky for main abilities instead of modifiers is that you won't need to move your fingers from ESF and therefor you won't impact your movement witch is really important as a melee.

If you have a small hand indeed WAD is better then ESF but from alot of PvP experience as a hunter S(Or in my case D) is a better jump key then Space... Space is same as your Z > A binds when you use them it won't impact your movement and Space is a good for rotational ability's and as a WTF button. Backpacking is designed for tanks and imo only acceptable for tanks.
    Oooh, I see. I thought you were just unbinding your forward key instead of moving it. Yeah, most of my arena partners used esf, I could never get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    Keybinds are weird, really weird to me, I use modifiers, 234 etc and I'm perfectly fine with all buttons keybinded without a naga. Recommend changing some of the wording there and just offer it as a layout of where you could keybind and not what to keybind where. Other than that, good guide.
    The keybinds are just starting point. It's all personal preference and the player's capabilities.

Good guide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    I never claimed that everyone should use or listen to my tips about keybinds, I didn't say what to keybind where i used examples of spells for the readers to get an idea of it. As mentioned before using the keybinds i recommend will favour the part of being able to preform a rotation+move during an encounter since melee moving is really important as well. But also recommending keybinds that are theorycrafted by gammers that has long wide experience experience but also education in ergonomic, so they are not just my personal choice only. Most important to note is that everyone are different in opinions and they will mater in this case, Size of your hands, gaming equipments and what you are used to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stickied for you. If you need the name changed or anything else PM me. =]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Stickied for you. If you need the name changed or anything else PM me. =]
    Sheers, Will think out something :-)

Deleted
    Nice guide, Though I think the keybindings should be a seperate thread, after all they are personal and specific to an individual.

Telling poeple they should have there key bindings this way because that is how you yourself play is detriment to the idea of a general guide, which is for everyone, no-matter how you play via a games input (weather clicking, keyboarding or a mixture of the 2)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats a good guide, it made me remember little but important details and MoP changes after a 6 month break. Thank you for your effort.

A little bit off topic, but does anyone know what happened to our mana regen in cat form? LotP had a passive mana and health bonus every 6 sec, is it still active or what should we rely on about our mana regen?

Stat priority/value

Is that stat priority current? If not can someone give the current and possibly back it up with stat values.. Noxxic is saying mastery is king, while this is saying its caca.. >.< maybe mastery was devalued with the rake nerf hot fix?

Some feedback:

T1: I wouldn't say that Feline Swiftness is the "default", I think it would be appropriate as a guide to recommend them both equally with a disclaimer that there is often a right answer depending on the situation. I would personally take Feral Charge in my "cookie cutter" setup.
    T2: Cenarion Ward definitely beats NS for levelling/grinding/questing, otherwise definitely NS.
    T3: You should mention that ferals should tend to prefer either Mass Entanglement or Typhoon as Faerie Swarm is more often than not redundant with our passive Infected Wounds.
    T4: Unless the burst phase of an encounter really really favors Incarnation, I would take FoN instead. SotF is definitely the default when you don't need burst as not only is it near FoN in DPS but it also significantly eases the rotation.
    T5: Not much to say here. Maybe offer examples of certain encounters/situations where each is useful.
    T6: NV and HotW are comparable (discluding the HotW active), obviously NV is better for burst so you should tend to prefer it if you can manage the cooldown correctly, this should be mentioned instead of just saying it's flat out better. Maybe emphasize that DoC is better IF you execute it correctly but it is leagues ahead of the other two talents in rotational complexity, needs a bigger disclaimer!

Glyphs: Cat Form and Savagery should both be highly recommended, they're not quite mandatory as you could potential remove one or the other if you really really know what you're doing. Stampeding Roar should be listed as an option.

Stats: Attack Power description is very very misleading, it is not a flat damage increase across the board. Haste reduces the time it takes to cast Healing Touch (regardless of if it is instant cast). "witch" should be "which" in the Crit section. Hit and Expertise are actually less favored than they were Cataclysm, if anything.

Reforging/Stat Priority: Still mostly TBD.

Professions: Listing the which professions are best is fine, but you should emphasize that the difference between them is very small, most people shouldn't be picking their professions by the stat bonus they give.

Swipe: You don't really need to use thrash if you have someone else in the group reliably providing an AoE bleed. Thrashing will probably still be a gain but only if the mobs will be alive long enough for the dot to run at least most of it's course.

"Trash": Thrash... enough said.

Primal Fury: Feel free to quote here, I don't mind.

Omen of Clarity: That's only with 4pT13.

Symbiosis: Soul Swap isn't a cleave. Only Warlocks are able to make it into a cleave via their Glyph of Soul Swap, which we don't have access to. Also, those tables look like they're from Wowhead? Might want to add a note on that giving them credit.

Damage Priority: Needs far more formatting, not really readable at the moment.

Rip is up and affected by Tiger's Fury and you refresh it with Ferocious bite with out Tiger's Fury but with Synapse Springs; Rip will no longer be affected by Tiger's Fury but with Synapse Springs... Will this stop us from using Ferocious Bite in execute? No.
    This isn't true. Just like when you extend it, refreshing it with Blood in the Water does not resnapshot the bleed damage.

Don't really have time to go through much more than that but I'll probably look through it again later.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Double post
    Last edited by mmoc3782ac376e; 2012-09-17 at 06:12 AM.

A few things I've noticed that I'd like to see corrected in this guide.
    These corrections come from other feral guides around the net from respectable sources, my own SimC tests or testing in beta.

The Issues:
    -The simc calculations you're quoting are in assumed BiS gear(I have no proof of this, please correct me if I'm wrong); energy and CP regen are MUCH more unforgiving at 90 than they are currently at 85. There are very few situations where I can see FoN being a choice over SotF.

-At level 90 in normal mode gear for both a non-DoC and a DoC spec we can most likely see Mastery > Hit/Exp Cap > Crit > Haste due to the sheer relentlessness of CP and energy regen upon reaching level 90 and the amount of Helter Skelter/Multi Target fights in the first raiding tier. Haste is simply not a stat we want until full heroic gear, and even then it's value is still only equal to or less than that of crit.

-A large chunk of the fights in the first raiding tier are either movement heavy or include multiple targets. As we don't have the tools to keep CP's rolling on extra targets at all times the value of DoC drops substantially during these fights in favor of more reliable DPS from HotW (or to some extent NV if you can make full use of the buff). These are based on my personal SimC runs on different sets of gear, modeled as a "good" player, as even great ferals will more than likely struggle with DoC rotations on complex fights.

Small fixes:
    -You may want to mention the fact that Nature's Swiftness not only becomes best choice, but mandatory when paired with DoC.
    -May want to fix the priority list to be much cleaner, in a state by state fashion.
    -Update Tiger's Fury to reflect upon the energy gain that Tiger's Fury gives, and how to properly use it.
    -Mention macroing Tiger's Fury to Berserk.

And overall cleaning up the way information is displayed to those reading it. As it is now the format is not very user friendly.
    Just some constructive criticism.

Nice guide and it is really nice to see some1 keep up the work on it. Lets see how many pages we hit this expansion :P
    Other than that i prefer drood focus over all other addons maybe coz i dislike rotation helpers but just timers on stuff i need to watch other than dbm timers. Great work on guide.

Quote Originally Posted by baller1308 View Post
    The keybinds are just starting point. It's all personal preference and the player's capabilities.
    Nuff said.

Does FeralByNight updated??

Deleted
    Would you like me to fix the English? If you PM me your e-mail I can go through and correct the grammar and phraseology.

Found the guide very useful by the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalysun View Post
    Small fixes:
    -You may want to mention the fact that Nature's Swiftness not only becomes best choice, but mandatory when paired with DoC.
    -May want to fix the priority list to be much cleaner, in a state by state fashion.
    -Update Tiger's Fury to reflect upon the energy gain that Tiger's Fury gives, and how to properly use it.
    -Mention macroing Tiger's Fury to Berserk.

And overall cleaning up the way information is displayed to those reading it. As it is now the format is not very user friendly.
    Just some constructive criticism.
    Sheers for the input i'll look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phugit View Post
    Does FeralByNight updated??
    I don't think so sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by phase92 View Post
    Would you like me to fix the English? If you PM me your e-mail I can go through and correct the grammar and phraseology.

Found the guide very useful by the way.
    Sended you a PM and i really like that you want to help out i'll give you credit for that in the end off the thread together with the awsome theory crafters on Fluiddruid and wowhead for the symbiosis picture and Aggixx for the simulation pictures on tier 4 and tier 6 talents and as soon as they get a calculation with the Wrath spam part with HotW i'll post it.

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 06:35 PM ----------

Cleaned up the guide with new font colors and better spacing between lines and such :-)
    Last edited by mmoc3782ac376e; 2012-09-19 at 02:22 PM.

Someone should really update FeralByNight.... that addon was unreal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    o_o Shift is an amazing keybind. I've never met a hardcore raider who doesn't use shift. I'd also never recommend changing your space bar. W-forward, A and D strafe, unbind any other movement keys, everything else should be free reign.

I'm a tiny chick and I have matching hands and I keybind all over the place. I wouldn't be able to live without shift though.
    i am a medicore (cleared HS-DS + achievements each week) raider and i use my mouse to click ability's
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    i am a medicore (cleared HS-DS + achievements each week) raider and i use my mouse to click ability's
    /kitty hug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    /highfives fellow ability clicker

(only got though half the bosses on hc though just couldn't get a stable raid group going for the last few months )