Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Wow, they really have been trying hard to not use the word "merge" throughout this whole process....

any word on the F2P model launch?

Deleted
    Is anyone aware of when the servers will be back up? Sort of eager now to see if my names are still intact...

Deleted
    4pm/10am Servers are back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post
    Is anyone aware of when the servers will be back up? Sort of eager now to see if my names are still intact...
    Im betting I lose about half of my names. Again.

But, ranked queue will be working again.

Woop woop!
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Finding reasons to complain? Not quite. It the same complaint as always. What you, and many other people who will defend this game and Bioware/EA to their dying breath, don't get is it's not about the server mergers. It's about the lack of communication between the company and the playerbase. To many people, this will come as a complete shock tomorrow. For many, especially those that have to create a brand new name all over again, it's going to be the final nail. Go look at the Official Forum post. There are plenty of people who are like "Eh, who cares?" But there are another demographic of people pissed off about having to transfer again, not having a choice, and being given very little notice. It's called "customer service" and Bioware's is shit.
    This has nothing to do with my question for you, but thanks for the flaming.

My question to you is "what difference does it make what server name you play on?" You make it seem like there's some big deal and huge horrible process you have to go through with changing servers. You don't. You log in and play the game. The world is the same. I'm not defending Bioware to my dying breath. I'm asking what the big deal is.

Maybe I just go with the flow more than others. IDK.

High Overlord Royal of the Light's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaul View Post
    4pm/10am Servers are back up.
    Is That in UTC?

Deleted
    4pm/10am what? :P You didn't add a timezone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Wow, they really have been trying hard to not use the word "merge" throughout this whole process....
    Well its considered a negative word to use when it comes to mmorpg's so of course they are going to use just about any other word possible. At least they haven't used "Intentional Lateral Roster Shifting with Playspace Integration and Consolidation" yet.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Well its considered a negative word to use when it comes to mmorpg's so of course they are going to use just about any other word possible. At least they haven't used "Intentional Lateral Roster Shifting with Playspace Integration and Consolidation" yet.
    To me, sever merges have always been a good word. When I played wow there were countless servers in desperate need of mergers but blizzard refused to do it out of principle or something. Its just good house keeping to keep all your servers at healthy populations.

---------- Post added 2012-09-18 at 02:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post
    4pm/10am what? :P You didn't add a timezone
    well, its 10:01 est. So im guessing pacific or maybe texas.

Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    To me, sever merges have always been a good word. When I played wow there were countless servers in desperate need of mergers but blizzard refused to do it out of principle or something. Its just good house keeping to keep all your servers at healthy populations.
    I defiantly agree with that so many servers blizzard needed to merge but the bad conotation to the word "merge" stopped them.

However, I do wonder what BW's server numbers are going to be and can it actually handle it.

I know canderous Ordo and Corellian Run had a fairly large population after the first round of transfers went through but now even those are transferring again. There had been intermittent lag spikes especially on main base stations (both sides) and thats with about a 250 person cap before a new phase instanced.

I wonder what BW has done to resolve this other than lowering the number needed before a new phase/shard is created.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

I wonder what BW has done to resolve this other than lowering the number needed before a new phase/shard is created.
    I bet that's exactly what they did. If they lowered shards down to 100 people they would probably be fine. It would be similar to vindictus's towns.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    It's a second round of mergers under the guise of "this is what we planned all along". Or, it's a second round of scheduled mergers under the regular Bioware M.O. of "keep everyone in the dark and share information with nobody." Either way, it's shitty.
    Not to be an ass, but this is quite an embellishment. I'm sorry that they don't have everyone on speed dial in order to have a robot call and give you a recording with SWTOR news. They made an announcement BEFORE it happened. Any argument that they didn't communicate is pretty weak. There it is, right there in the gold text, communication.

In fact, there were statements made months ago when the character transfers were going on that said they would continue to create high population servers, which included automatically moving characters to destination/superservers. I would link it, but the link is broken since the forums are down for the updates.

The worst you lose is a name in this process. Considering that Legacy won't be unique and will be allowed to change once, it's not really a big deal. For some people it is actually a blessing to get to change their name. You are complaining for the sake of complaining.

Maint extended w/o any eta given.

Server maintenance will be extended with no ETA but we will let you know as soon as they become available. Thank you for your patience.
    Blarg

+10char

edit: I have this image of them over a computer on an operating table.
    WE'RE LOSING HIM.
    GIVE HIM 10 CCS OF INTERNET! STAT!

---------- Post added 2012-09-18 at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    any word on the F2P model launch?
    November, so far as anyone knows.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-09-18 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen View Post
    Okay. So now tell me when I can bring all of my toons to my desired destination server.
    Honestly, I wouldn't doubt that would be a paid service once the F2P option goes live.

As for not communicating, they gave all the information in one go. Might have wanted it sooner but they still gave the information before they did anything. You can legitimately criticize them for not communicating in a way/time frame you would like but saying they didn't let people know the information is a complete fabrication.

Server maintenance extension is frustrating but I'd say not entirely surprising. Also the no ETA part (which is more frustrating) because it saves them from potentially having to say "yea sorry we have to extend maintenance again" (which would be even more frustrating).

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Server maintenance extension is frustrating but I'd say not entirely surprising. Also the no ETA part (which is more frustrating) because it saves them from potentially having to say "yea sorry we have to extend maintenance again" (which would be even more frustrating).
    I guess its this or that episode of 30 rock when they get trapped on the plane and the pilots keep telling them it'll just be 30 more minutes.

It actually took a bit of digging for me to find that not only were they "consolidating" the dead servers but also several that have already healthy populations. They could have made the information a little easier to access. All I can say is, this is now my 2nd "not mandatory" transfer & it will make Black Hole dailies oh so much more fun now... Hopefully their "mega-high tech massive population"servers can fix some of the horrendous lag issues people have been experiencing.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
    It actually took a bit of digging for me to find that not only were they "consolidating" the dead servers but also several that have already healthy populations. They could have made the information a little easier to access. All I can say is, this is now my 2nd "not mandatory" transfer & it will make Black Hole dailies oh so much more fun now... Hopefully their "mega-high tech massive population"servers can fix some of the horrendous lag issues people have been experiencing.
    1) The posted link, which is on the official site, very clearly states what servers are being consolidated. It wasn't hard to find at all.

2) The lag issues were actually graphical problems caused by the last patch, which have been fixed by the way.

Question for people who were moved. Did everything you have get moved (cargo hold, mail, etc?)? Are you still part of the guild you were in before? Any issues result?