Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Green Fire After All?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Is there a chance we might see class specific factions developed more? Kirin Tor, Ebon Blade, Argent Bros, Ravenholdt...Could we see something similar arise for Warriors, Hunters etc?

We're cooking up some cool Warlock stuff we can hopefully announce soon. In a more general sense, we LOVE class-specific content, but to do it right takes development time (believe me, I have to somehow schedule all this stuff.).
    Hmmm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Any locks notice the fel incinerate used by the casters in the fall of theramore scenario?(alliance version)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Sounds more like class-specific quests, stories, and factions with very unclear rewards, if any.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think this sounds more like a Warlock faction...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think green fire could be classified as "class-specific content". More like some glyph or "class-changes". Content would taste more like a faction, a zone or professions stuff. You know, actually content.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Any locks notice the fel incinerate used by the casters in the fall of theramore scenario?(alliance version)
    I call trolls on Blizzard for that!
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2012-09-19 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Yes, I noticed this. I'm not sure what to think of this, feels kind of like a gut punch to warlocks...

This probably alludes more to the whole warlock council and getting them in-game since they seem to be the ones behind all of us warlocks learning our new magics and spec flavors (i.e. new destro, affli and demo).
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    nah, locks will get class specyfic scythe...mages will get green flame ;p

Xelnath already told us on this very forum that the coding for green fire is done.

Why is everyone obsessed with green?

Warlocks are all about the purple, man. Give me a purple Headless Horseman's mount, Titansdammit!
    "Once you stop caring what an arrogant, ignorant, idiotic little twat somewhere half-way across the world in a mouldy little basement with his mother yelling down at him to get off his arse and get a job is saying on the internet, you will find an immense calm overcome you. Suddenly the world will seem a brighter place and your mood will improve immediately."

But they already said they're going to do green fire, just not at launch...

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard already confirmed it awhile ago.

They are making a quest line for it.

Very very hard questline for it, similar to the Doomguard or Dreadsteed one, back in the day.

They stated "We want it to feel epic to have achieved this quest"

10+ Year Old Account
    I never jumped on the whole green fire thing.

Now blue or purple? GIMME.

Quote Originally Posted by Beranin View Post
    I never jumped on the whole green fire thing.

Now blue or purple? GIMME.
    100% this
    Having Chaos Bolt match the rest of my spells would be great.
    Having all of my fire and CB be dark blue or purple... glorious.

Green fire is coming, but it will be implemented with a quest, I think they also had purple fire but I'm not 100% on that.

While I do want to see green fire (if not to distinguish me from a fire mage even more so)

I would rather see a return of the epic class based quests like the old quests for Warlock pets and the epic level 60 mounts, or the paladin mount, or benediction/anathema for priests and Rok'delar for hunters, Quel'serrar for warriors and paladins.

I remember hunting down men of pure hearts so I could corrupt their souls or whatever to summon the succubus, trading with a demon lord for artifacts to summon a fearsome steed for the fiery pits of hell!

Where are these quests gone! I want them back damnit!
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I remember right green fire was first introduced in BC in some spells npc had and still until today is not given to players, holy form was introduced patch 2.4 and it ended an npc spell
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    i think lore wise green is the standard color of fel magic

but i can understand that individual taste cannot be disputed, Purple/pink/maroon/mauve Fire sounds very pretty.

But i will take green and be very happy.

---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    While I do want to see green fire (if not to distinguish me from a fire mage even more so)

I would rather see a return of the epic class based quests like the old quests for Warlock pets and the epic level 60 mounts, or the paladin mount, or benediction/anathema for priests and Rok'delar for hunters, Quel'serrar for warriors and paladins.

I remember hunting down men of pure hearts so I could corrupt their souls or whatever to summon the succubus, trading with a demon lord for artifacts to summon a fearsome steed for the fiery pits of hell!

Where are these quests gone! I want them back damnit!

I feel like the epic quests for core abilities (doomguard, succubus) are dead and gone but I think that epic quests for vanity options (Class Mounts, spell color variations, Demon or Pet skin variations, unique Transmog gear) would be a perfectly appropriate form of flavor content that A) is not mandatory and B) really gives a sense of accomplishment and flavor to a class.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably what Xelnath was alluding to a while a go, and why he made a thread asking about what Lore questions we'd desperately want answered. I'm very, very interested in this, cause I think other classes will scream bloody murder when they find out what cool stuff we are getting.

I hope this is a complete package of a special warlock faction with some lore around it to explain it (see: Legacy of the Masters) and some quests to give us coloured spells. Just something to really put Warlocks on the map and give them an ingame identity, especially Alliance side where we aren't much part of the lore. ( we did get a passing mention in the last book though, truth be told )

Can't wait to see what they cooked up for us. It's probably one of the best periods to be a Warlock right now

I realy don't like green fire and it would kill the last thing whats left of destro for me.