Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    -Keep an eye on how many stacks of Bastion of Glory you have. If you've hit 5, then it's time to fire off a WoG so you don't waste stacks. You'll ideally want to use WoG when you have a Divine Purpose proc up (you did take Divine Purpose...didn't you?) or save one for it. If not, then you'll want to build 5x HoPo so you can WoG, get another HoPo and get your SHOR off right after.
    Mm, not sure I agree with you there. I think that using a WoG every 5 stacks is a waste. By using WoG, you are trading off 3 seconds of ... 50-60% physical damage reduction. If you fire it off everytime you get 5 stacks, you are not using the WoG efficiently (of course, if you're low on health than it's better to use WoG, but that wasn't the impression I got from your post) and you just traded it for Shield reduction.

In addition, by using up the stacks before you actually need it (when you're low on health or taking lots of magic damage), it takes a long time to build up to 5 stacks again, and it would be like using a defensive cooldown as soon as you can without waiting or timing for a big hit/damage spike moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Mm, not sure I agree with you there. I think that using a WoG every 5 stacks is a waste. By using WoG, you are trading off 3 seconds of ... 50-60% physical damage reduction. If you fire it off everytime you get 5 stacks, you are not using the WoG efficiently (of course, if you're low on health than it's better to use WoG, but that wasn't the impression I got from your post) and you just traded it for Shield reduction.

In addition, by using up the stacks before you actually need it (when you're low on health or taking lots of magic damage), it takes a long time to build up to 5 stacks again, and it would be like using a defensive cooldown as soon as you can without waiting or timing for a big hit/damage spike moment.
    Well that makes a lot more sense.

I don't know the spreedsheets yet, but maybe you should think to respec on different bosses: sometimes Holy Avenger is a lot better than Divine Purpose; so if you don't like the randomness of Divine Purpose or by bosses with damage spikes, Holy Avenger could be a good alternative because you can use it as an defensive-cooldown. And the good thing is you can switch it between fights, as long as you have the reagents.

The best thing would be to try it yourself!
    Last edited by Velerios; 2012-09-20 at 01:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I don't know the spreedsheets yet, but maybe you should think to respec on different bosses: sometimes Holy Avenger is a lot better than Divine Purpose; so if you don't like the randomness of Divine Purpose or by bosses with damage spikes, Holy Avenger could be a good alternative because you can use it as an defensive-cooldown. And the good thing is you can switch it between fights, as long as you have the reagents.

The best thing would be to try it yourself!
    I'm pretty lazy and picked as many "passive" talents as possible
    *bad player mode engage*

Quote Originally Posted by silvertitan View Post
    In all honesty i feel less squishy then before, that may change at 90 but once you figure out the rotation and learn to keep your AM up as much as possible and build a flow with your healers, you will be fine.
    This has been my experience, too. With nearly capped hit and dodge-capped expertise, I'm saving up 5 holy power, ShoR, (HP generator), ShoR= 6 seconds of major physical mitigation. Keeping this rotation up rarely allows me to drop very low on health. That, plus 5-stack WoGs = I'm never really low on health anymore. I even failed to save a major cooldown for an impale on heroic Madness, and the ShoR mitigation prevented me from dying. That never would've happened pre-patch.

I use Holy Avenger as a damage reduction cooldown, as well. Holy Avenger on low-health Blackhorn, for instance, guarantees you 100% uptime on your ShoR damage reduction and plenty of HP for WoGs.

Long story short, get some decent hit/expertise and start saving holy power until you have 5, then do a ShoR, generator, ShoR. Hit WoG whenever you're hurting and make sure you aren't accidentally using it on your enemy target with Harsh Words.

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    I'm pretty lazy and picked as many "passive" talents as possible
    *bad player mode engage*
    Definitely pick up Holy Avenger on any fight with high physical damage, especially when it comes in bursts. I used heroic Blackhorn in an example above, for instance. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a tank get absolutely destroyed when Blackhorn's health was at 30% or less. Holy Avenger is huge during the end of the fight. I know that Morchok isn't really a problem for anyone at this piont, but you could use it for the 20% enrage or for stomps. It's great for using when you've got high stacks of the DoT on Yor'sahj (both as a WoG dump and as a way to further reduce damage when used in combination with magic damage cooldowns). It's not bad for pre-black phase damage on Zon'ozz (when he's hitting really hard/fast). Oh, and I think it also mitigates Focused Assault damage on Hagara, though you should always have enough HP for that, even without Holy Avenger (though the extra WoGs won't hurt :P).

There are numerous applications for Holy Avenger in Cata content. Definitely work it in when you can. If it's not helping you survive, it's helping you do a ton of burst damage.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2012-09-21 at 04:54 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    You have to get hit/exp caps so you can have an nearly 100% uptime on your SotR buff, it reduces your physical dmg taken by a large amount depending on your mastery (60% on me with mastery buff). Hold on at using it when you know a big melee attack is on the way (i.e. focus assault on hagara). It's also good to try getting 5 HP capped most of the time so you can SotR back 2 back and maintain the physical reduction buff for 6 whole secs. Divine purpose may help you a lot on maintaining the SotR buff too, I like it more than holy avenger personally as I prefer to have a better uptime on the buff than a cd for a very hard moment since prot paladins have a lot of dmg reduction cds as it is. Also, if you find it hard surviving against melee attacks, try glyphing divine protection for 20% dmg reduction to everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    You have to get hit/exp caps so you can have an nearly 100% uptime on your SotR buff, it reduces your physical dmg taken by a large amount depending on your mastery (60% on me with mastery buff).
    Unless you're really, really lucky with Divine Purpose procs, I find it hard to believe that you're getting almost 100% uptime outside of maybe Bloodlust. I've been seeing more like 60-70%.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will probably check out Holy Avenger, makes a lot of sense. Any suggestions on level 90 talents?

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Prism generally because it fills that small gap we have in our rotation. Also, the short CD whilst being a pain to make sure we use efficiently, means that it has fantastic utility because it can be both a healing and a damaging thing so we get the best of both. Lights Hammer is also a good choice but due to the 1min cd, it's more of a long term cooldown. Sure it's great but should you have to move or something then bam a lot of it is wasted, so could be good but less "general purpose" than Holy Prism. Execution Sentance is best for a fight like Baleroc or Patchwerk when there are absolutely 0 adds and you only need to bother damaging the boss. If you want some utility then the others are all equal on this fight but Holy Prism or Lights Hammer provide some healing too so again it's a toss up.

They're all going to be great just Execution Sentance will probably get the least use and it's hard to tell between the other 2 which is going to get more but my bet would be on Holy Prism.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.