Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Unfortunately, I bought Guild Wars 2

Unfortunately, I bought Guild Wars 2 and can now never imagine myself enjoying WoW again. Anyone else feeling this way?

For me, Guild Wars takes a huge step forward with its gameplay and quest design. Its just far more enjoyable than WoW is atm. Its a similar feeling as when I first bought WoW. Its been 6 years of the same thing over and over again, its nice to have a big change. I highly recommend Guild Wars to anyone who is burned out on WoW in general. In fact, I recommend this game to just about anyone. €50 and no subscription fee is great value.

I bought guild wars 2 and can't really imagine myself enjoying WoW again. However, the 2 aren't related for me. WoW became unenjoyable on its own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's pretty good but the tournament pvp and conq pvp is really bad right now. Keep running into the same cookie cutter setups going for Gold chests is really annoying and all the guild groups in random 8/8 pvp. These last few days I keep running into the same two setups in tourney pvp. It's either 2 warriors, 2 thieves, 1 tank guardian or 2 warriors, 1 thief, 1 ranger, 1 tank guardian. You have no chance of winning unless you run the same comp but really it all comes down to luck and who can spam their Frenzy, Balanced Stance and Hundred Blades faster while the two thieves tear you shreds while they are in stealth (such a joke). As the tank guardian sits there because every good team knows you have no fucking chance taking that node. The pvp is already laughable which I find amusing because that is Guild Wars 2. It's a 60 dollar game w/o a sub fee for a reason and it shows. Good game to play PvE wise though (fell in love with pvp for a while but now it's TERRIBLE) while I wait on MoP. Even the PvE won't last, maybe 2-3 months of playability so worth the 60 bucks to me.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Deleted
    in other mmo i hate the loneliness while questing, when i see someone trying to take my mob or quest item i kinda get a little mad.
    In gw2 everybody help each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, If anything it has told me that GW2 PvP is far better than what wow is. Everything else makes me appreciate wow even more.

I just feels like a more enjoyable game to me.

There is no "grind to 80" for me in guild wars, I am enjoying to story, the scenery, everything about the game. There IS a "grind to 90" in WoW. The only time I ever enjoyed leveling in WoW was leveling my first character. Its likely that in a few months after getting my first lvl 80 and seeing all the different stories and worlds that leveling again will feel like a grind which might be the time I stop playing, but the point is that theres no subscription so I will have gotten my full moneys worth. Ive only had the game a week or so and I think I've gotten my moneys worth allready.

15+ Year Old Account
    In before the people that will say GW2 needs raiding and then later deny that they said GW2 needs raiding.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    For me it's the opposite, leveling in gw2 is horrible.. But the last mmo I played was swtor and the leveling there was AWESOME.. But I havent given up the hope yet for GW2, gonna give it a few more weeks.

Say it again in 6 month.

Exploring new world is interesting, questing and leveling is fun, but can this game keep you interested for several years?

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought Guild Wars 2 and really hated the combat. The rotations were bland for the classes I played, and I hated that you could have every rotational ability you'd ever have, by the time you were level 5. However I was completely unable to get back into WoW after playing GW2. I just loved the graphics of GW2 and the way you just run around completing quests as you happen upon the area.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't play World of Warcraft for the 16 hours of leveling every expansion, so dynamic questing/not dynamic questing really changes nothing for me. I'll lvl to 87 in dungeons, quest out the final three levels, take a nap, and go get geared for raiding the following week.

I enjoyed SWTOR's questing experience 100x more than WoW, as well. I just don't play WoW for the questing. I play a Warrior in WoW, granted Prot (so I haven't had to Stance Dance in 5 years), but switching weapons, auto attacking while waiting for a few abilities to come off CD and diving out of the way every few seconds isn't anything ground breaking for me.

I wanted to like GW2, it's just not for me... unfortunately I also bought it for 2 friends and recommended it to another and the three of them stopped playing after the first week. I feel like I find myself running around on one character, trying to force myself to enjoy it, getting bored, and logging into another profession and doing the same thing.

Glad you guys enjoy it, though.

Deleted
    so called dynamic events arent that great... i bought it but only play a bit. just like wow. only a bit. every now and then.
    raiding times not included in wow coz it does take up huge amounts of time and not something you can do under an hour or 2.

I was also enjoying GW2, but it quickly became to much of a grind for my taste. Sure the events are cool, but many of the heart quests are very boring. Good thing about it all is that its free to play, so im gonna play wow for old friends and raiding reasons, and GW2 for social and relaxation reasons. Never understood why people needed to take a stand with either wow or GW2 when one of the games is F2P. Play both.

10+ Year Old Account
    How DARE you?!.... You shall be cursed with the pain of a 1.000 nightmarish tortures for commiting such insolent crime, maggot!

I stopped like twice now... in Wotlk when ICC just hit the server and got boring... and in cata when DS hit the server and got boring... for nearly a year each... Ok, since DS its been 'only' 9 months... (nearly a year of DS - who wouldnt be burnout? not even a filler raid like ruby sanctum)

anyway.. and I played other stuff, completely different stuff... cuz I needed something else... NOW im sick of that other stuff, came back to WoW (hurray for free-week) and enjoy it like its been my first week of WoW... ok, not really... but im not so grind-tired anymore, I enjoy questing/lvling again... (groupdungeons are still boring though)

point is:
    You dont have to buy Pandaria on release... give GW2 time and wait til it bores you, and then give MOP a chance, with a bit luck, you might get it with reduced price... or free2play (imminent downfall is always an eventuality)

It's always good at first but once you keep going the DEs get more and more tiresome. I've been trying to get the karma required for a legendary and it is mind numbingly boring doing the Straits karma grind train. The same 9 events in an endless loop with no challenge whatsoever. Hell I even afk on giant and archmage. DEs aren't really some revolutionary thing. They're just quests on timers.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Say it again in 6 month.

Exploring new world is interesting, questing and leveling is fun, but can this game keep you interested for several years?
    "Its likely that in a few months after getting my first lvl 80 and seeing all the different stories and worlds that leveling again will feel like a grind which might be the time I stop playing, but the point is that theres no subscription so I will have gotten my full moneys worth."

My intention in buying this game wasn't to find a game that will keep me interested for several years. I wanted a game that will be fun and enjoyable until I feel that I've had my moneys worth. Just like Diablo 3, Borderlands 2, Elder Scrolls games etc etc (for me that is, I know some people intend Diablo to last much longer).

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't entirely feel that way. I quite enjoy the way guild wars 2 is in most aspects, but I still find WoW great in combat terms with a faster paced movement (and camera). I'm still enjoying WoW, but the feeling is not as strong as it was before.

But hey, got WoW in one hand, even though it still has a sub, and I got GW2 for any and all downtime I might have (or just times when I feel like playing it instead). Good deal, imo.

Man dude I'm ADHD but I don't get caught up in these "Ooo look, new shiny crazes" a lot of people are just enjoying it because its a relief from an expansion that's been stale since T11 ended/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermor View Post
    There IS a "grind to 90" in WoW.

I take it that, also based on the comment of getting to 80, you didn't play in Vanilla or TBC? There isn't a grind in WoW: a grind implies struggling with friction... there is no struggle in leveling in WoW. Monotonous? Sure... but it's hardly a grind. 40 hours to go from 56-60 is a grind.... 1-85- in 30hrs is not.

Well that title is misleading... Personally I hate GW2 and would love to get my € 60 back. Don't get me wrong the game looks really sharp and the gameplay is amazing but it's just not my cup of tea.