Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mists of Pandaria digital copy - extremly overpriced

Now i have been playing WoW for almot 6 years non stop now paying every month with small brakes ...and Blizz still wants to screw me( and the rest of the players) up. The digital copy costs 34.99 euros on eu.battle.net.
    Now we have a local store that sells the normal copy( box , DVD and all the shizzle) with 29 euros.
    I have payed so far around 1000 EU for the monthly fee and caracter transfers and so...and it seems it is still not ehough for Blizz.
    Ur greeeeeed rly has no limits

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if troll or stupid...

Price is as is. You put in your own labour to get the box, that is it's price, you stay at home and click to get it, you pay a bit more for the service. Not sure what made you think otherwise. It's like self serve gas stations selling gas a bit cheaper. Convienience has a price

Deleted
    I do agree its alot of money, but hey YOU choose the spent , and keep spending on it, not them they just offer the oppertunity.

Deleted
    I love how this guy seems to think that the retailers decide the price on their own. Do you really think it would've gone for 29 euros if Blizzard wanted 40 per box? Get real.

"Two things in this world are infinite; human stupidity and the universe, and I'm not sure about the universe."

That said, it's probably a troll, considering the post count and the sheer stupidity and ignorance.

Same with pretty much any game, with the exception of ones that have been out ages. Rift was £35 on steam, less if you bought it boxed, Guild Wars 2 is £50 for th normal version direct from Anet, a whopping £15 more than shops are selling it. A lot of games on steam release for more than you can buy a boxed copy. It's currently the norm, not Blizzard "screwing you" which is quite frankly a ridiculous statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

Deleted
    Don't buy it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, either that shop does not exist or will get backlash from Blizz for selling the game lower than the price Blizz is telling them to sell it at. They are just another source to get the same game for the same price.

I agree, OP is probably just trying to bait us.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Deleted
    Weird thing is, when I ordered two weeks ago, the digital version was the same price as the amazon version

Blizzard sets an RRP. Shops can sell below that if they wish - but Blizzard CAN'T sell below the RRP without shops getting pretty pissed off at them!

hmmm, spend £35 buying it online and be able to access MoP the second it goes live.

or, spend £5 on petrol and at least 30mins-1hour going to the store to buy the box copy for £30 and log in later than everyone else

also, as time = money, 30 mins to an hour of my time is worth about £10...

so i've actually saved £10 by buying it online
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? O.O
    Lucky you.
    For me it's 38$ on Battle.net
    or 60$ instores.

Yes, it's steep, but you'll pay for it, because you want it, so Blizzard don't care. They get their money.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Its easy....
    If blizzard sold it at the same price on their store, NO RETAIL STORE would ever bother to sell it, which in turns means no "window" sales and the free advertisement is gone from store hyping it etc.
    Just standard business model.
    And lol @ 5 euro being extremely overpriced

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblle View Post
    Now i have been playing WoW for almot 6 years non stop now paying every month with small brakes ...and Blizz still wants to screw me( and the rest of the players) up. The digital copy costs 34.99 euros on eu.battle.net.
    Now we have a local store that sells the normal copy( box , DVD and all the shizzle) with 29 euros.
    I have payed so far around 1000 EU for the monthly fee and caracter transfers and so...and it seems it is still not ehough for Blizz.
    Ur greeeeeed rly has no limits
    The amount that you've spent so far on monthly fees and character transfers is not relevant to the price of MoP.

Or did you really think that part of those monthly fees & xfer costs were being used to subsidize future expansions? So someone who started playing this month should pay $100 for MoP, whereas long-term players should pay less?

And it's not "extremely overpriced." It's only 5 euros more than the store. Get the store version if it means that much to you.

Deleted
    My point was that u can get the phisical copy of the game from a reseller and not Blizz , for those that like to have them , even cheaper than u can buy a digital version straight from Blizz, where u get a cd key and nothing more.
    I rly do not see the point in bashing or beeing rude.

when you buy the digital version you can also play instantly at 12, you cant if you buy a retail version

how is this overpriced? 34.99 for the game, ca 5 euros for the pet and 10 euros for the mount. you don't need to be a math professor to figure that out

---------- Post added 2012-09-20 at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    Not sure if troll or stupid...

Price is as is. You put in your own labour to get the box, that is it's price, you stay at home and click to get it, you pay a bit more for the service. Not sure what made you think otherwise. It's like self serve gas stations selling gas a bit cheaper. Convienience has a price
    as you say. blizz is kinda paying the gas bills for you by adding 5 euros on the digital edition so you don't need to drive to get the retail copy :P

Yo dawg! I heard you liked bases, so i put a base in your base, so i can base while you base

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    hmmm, spend £35 buying it online and be able to access MoP the second it goes live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashforcash View Post
    when you buy the digital version you can also play instantly at 12, you cant if you buy a retail version
    well, I have Mop box right here and waiting for launch to enter CD-Key it into BNet when you are not lazy to communicate with your favourite shop they can get you things in advance (stores must stack to be ready fo launch so they have boxes a few days early).
    30€ for Normal version Box 5 days ahead

10+ Year Old Account
    OH NO! 5 whole euros! They are a business here to make money if you don't want to pay for it there is nothing stopping you. With the current exchange rate, we in Australia are playing a lot more then you so how about you stfu about it?
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2012-09-20 at 10:33 AM.
    Aye mate

Digital games always been more expension then Boxed ones not matter where you buy it. So unless you lived under a rock the point you make is indeed plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    well, I have Mop box right here and waiting for launch to enter CD-Key it into BNet when you are not lazy to communicate with your favourite shop they can get you things in advance (stores must stack to be ready fo launch so they have boxes a few days early).
    30€ for Normal version Box 5 days ahead
    yea, my brother in law can usually get me games early if needed, however i still need to go to the store to buy it, which still costs me time and fuel.

so for the same amount of money, i can buy it effortlessly online, or go through some hassle to get a physical copy.
    <insert witty signature here>