Page 7 of 110 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    I've started relearning a lot of fights for my other alts, since more kills = more chances! I've come to the conclusion that I will never use a Prot pally to solo Ony or Malygos lolol. Man, 40 minute kills are so not ideal compared to the locks 10 minutes very max kills.

Have never seen Sarth 3D's drakes hit me for that much... you mentioned it'd be a few years since you were last there, and the encounter has seen it's fair share of nerfs. The original version could easily hit for that much.

Ret can easily solo both ony and maly 10m so 40min kills is a tad exaggerated.

Side not I have been able to solo both of those encounters in >15min on all my tanks except prot warr and have no trouble at all.

Heya

Pre-patch I was doing alright. Soloed most TBC raid content, minus Gruul's Lair, SWP and something I cannot for the life of me remember. Have soloed Sarth, KT/Naxx, Malygos, a few bosses in VoA, etc..

But I'm having um "issues" now. I cannot for the life of me seem to be able to solo KT, which is really the only boss worth it for the mount minus VoA. Has anybody tried since the patch went Live? I've tried Affliction, both Sac and Supremacy with Soul Link and for whatever reason I'm either being MC'd even though the pet isn't attacking (used to leave it on passive and silenced KT whenever I could before). I've tried Demo but honestly, I've never much touched the spec except the rare occasion to screw around so maybe I'm missing something for this...

Any advice?
    It shouldn't matter if it's on passive, if it's there it'll get you MCed. I'm guessing you didn't get MCed before because he had less HP (I think he got buffed along with the old dungeon mobs?) and you burst him down before the MC went out. Or it's just buggy. You're not really supposed to solo him :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protozoa7 View Post
    Ret can easily solo both ony and maly 10m so 40min kills is a tad exaggerated.

Side not I have been able to solo both of those encounters in >15min on all my tanks except prot warr and have no trouble at all.
    Lol I know. I haven't tried doing anything on the pally since the patch. Maly was a fluke. I technically had 2 minutes to do it before he berserker but didn't want to chance it so got the last flyer to 4k hp and waited. http://i.imgur.com/1fUmc.jpg

Ony, I actually hadn't even loaded my spells to speak of when I decided to just head over. Then got to p2 and was like...um....now what! http://i.imgur.com/6lqkF.jpg

No, I wasn't exaggerating.
    Last edited by Moggie; 2012-09-17 at 06:09 AM.

Lol I know. I haven't tried doing anything on the pally since the patch. Maly was a fluke. I technically had 2 minutes to do it before he berserker but didn't want to chance it so got the last flyer to 4k hp and waited. http://i.imgur.com/1fUmc.jpg

Ony, I actually hadn't even loaded my spells to speak of when I decided to just head over. Then got to p2 and was like...um....now what! http://i.imgur.com/6lqkF.jpg

No, I wasn't exaggerating.
    Lol, nice. I would not have the patience for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It shouldn't matter if it's on passive, if it's there it'll get you MCed. I'm guessing you didn't get MCed before because he had less HP (I think he got buffed along with the old dungeon mobs?) and you burst him down before the MC went out. Or it's just buggy. You're not really supposed to solo him :P

Kael'thas pre-5.0.4 would NEVER Mind Control the tank so having the pet on passive means that you are tanking But yeah in less words:Bugged

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apokotou1709 View Post
    Kael'thas pre-5.0.4 would NEVER Mind Control the tank so having the pet on passive means that you are tanking But yeah in less words:Bugged
    This a thousand times, sick of reading people saying Kaels MC hasn't changed.

As long as you had the highest thread pre-patch - he wouldn't MC.
    Now he will MC regardless of threat as long as there's a second target.

Deleted
    I want to attempt Kologarn for some transmog gear, but I've never actually done Ulduar. Which bosses would I need to kill before I can get to him?

Just flame levi and deconstructor. Are you wanting 10 or 25?

Deleted
    Going for 10-man, he drops a neat looking staff.

Deleted
    i tried kael as destro and noticed two things, is it normal i don't have health funnel in that spec? and when soul link is active and i sacrifice my pet i lose 50% of my health, is this a bug? i didn't have time to test the sacrifice wihtout the soul link buff, gonna try again today..
    btw. does anyone have a link to a video of a warlock solong kael after the 5.04 patch?

is it possible to solo satharion in 25 mode, without the drakes for the 'less is more' archievment?
    and how do you solo the first boss in ulduar? do you still have to die and reset the boss? and is it possible to do some archivments solo?
    Last edited by mmocd591725053; 2012-09-20 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldora View Post
    i tried kael as destro and noticed two things, is it normal i don't have health funnel in that spec? and when soul link is active and i sacrifice my pet i lose 50% of my health, is this a bug? i didn't have time to test the sacrifice wihtout the soul link buff, gonna try again today..
    btw. does anyone have a link to a video of a warlock solong kael after the 5.04 patch?

is it possible to solo satharion in 25 mode, without the drakes for the 'less is more' archievment?
    and how do you solo the first boss in ulduar? do you still have to die and reset the boss? and is it possible to do some archivments solo?
    You should read talents when you pick them.. Soul Link replaces Health Funnel, that's why you don't have it.
    I've never lost any health when I sacrifice my pet.
    Never tried Sartharion 25 solo +0. Might be possible tought. I can't tell.
    About Leviatan, I think you need to wipe to place the tanks in the right spot. But I don't know if there's another way to do it.

You *can* wipe to move all of the vehicles up, but if your gear is good enough (I think I did it in FL gear the first time) you can kill him with 1 demo. In the past I just put an 8 stack of pyrite on him then hit him with the regular cannon until about 3 sec before my stack falls off, then put up the 9th stack. Repeat the process for the 10th and he should go down no problem and no vehicle switching.

As for soloing kael post-5.0.4 most people say to sac your pet and do it as destro. I personally do it the same as always (afflic), but with the current MC bug I just have to LoS kael in P4 until he says, "Bow to my will!" then I get a good 30 sec of nuking on him while my voidlord tanks him.
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2012-09-20 at 03:34 PM.

Question, how do people handle the damage of kael thas?

Is it just ember tapping every X% or so?

And with Onyxia.

I was able to handle the first wave of adds but I would get a 2e wave of adds as well. Would it be better to just focus on Onyxia and ignore the adds till the last moment so I won't have to deal with a 2e wave?

Deleted
    What kind of gear are you in?

At high gear levels you can burn the whelps down, then burn onyxia almost before the first "big" add turns up, let alone whelps.

Just save all of your CDs (including soulshards, only use them on SB: health funnel if needed) and once the starts speaking about lifting off, haunt, doomguard, dark soul and everything else you have into onyxia, follow her across the room felflaming until the whelps are ontop of you, then pop unending resolve, sb: SOC and harvest life to kill the whelps quickly - get back on onyxia and burn her as hard as you can - should hopefully land before a second wave of whelps, depending on gear.

Deleted
    Two former epic fights now (easily) soloable

Algalon the Observer (done as Affliction) :

The Lich King (done as Demonology - DA) :

Deleted
    Ever since hitting 90, Kael'thas has become a total joke! I tried it on the beta is the PvP gear there, but did it last night in full HC gear. Very easy. Never dropped below 85% health, and that was with all 4 adds up. Soloed as destro, very easy with Soul Leech giving me HP back constantly, and of course GoSac with the void for Shadow Bulwark if I needed it. But I was never in trouble. I soloed Malygos pre launch, so should be very easy now too. Also as destruction.

Nice work with Arthas there. O.o

Quote Originally Posted by madindehead View Post
    Ever since hitting 90, Kael'thas has become a total joke! I tried it on the beta is the PvP gear there, but did it last night in full HC gear. Very easy. Never dropped below 85% health, and that was with all 4 adds up. Soloed as destro, very easy with Soul Leech giving me HP back constantly, and of course GoSac with the void for Shadow Bulwark if I needed it. But I was never in trouble. I soloed Malygos pre launch, so should be very easy now too. Also as destruction.
    Didn't you get MCed? Did you not use pets? :O
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Nice work on LK.

Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    Didn't you get MCed? Did you not use pets? :O
    With GoSac he went in without pets, and kael won't MC you if you are the only target.