View Poll Results: How do you think Diablo 3 will fair in 2013 ?

Voters
403. This poll is closed
  • Diablo 3 will be a better game in 2013

193 47.89%
  • Diablo 3 will be a worse game in 2013

69 17.12%
  • Diablo 3 will remain the same

141 34.99%
Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Question The future of Diablo 3

Diablo 3 come out with bang breaking all the records.

Though after the dust had settled many gamers were left disappointed and packed their bags

Blizzard responded with Patch 1.0.4 which was received positively by the community.

And Patch 1.0.5 may yet again be another positive step in the right direction

So do you think Diablo 3 will become a better game overtime ?

Like him or hate him .... Kripparrian still has hope for a better Diablo 3 in the future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUBNAqDHjnI

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just like Diablo 2 it was terrible before LoD anyone whos played D2 can tell you that

Hopefully it will be the same and I really do mean D2 was T E R R I B LE like pretty bad before that expansion came out

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i see no future for d3 until a xpac, comes out

ive never played d1 or d2....quite frankly i wouldnt have bought d3 if it wasnt included in the annual pass, so i dont really care about d3's future but after playing it for a good 100+ hours...i can say, in its current state, it has no future imo

Your question is useless. Who cares how good they make the game at this point? The real question is whether or not people who have left the game will come back to it. The answer to that question is no.

There are no changes that they can make that would bring any significant numbers of players back to the game. That ship has sailed. The people who left have moved on to other games.

The only thing that will bring a significant number of people back to the game is new content. And they've already said that will not happen in a patch. You'll have to wait for the expansion.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    There are no changes that they can make that would bring any significant numbers of players back to the game. That ship has sailed. The people who left have moved on to other games..
    That is one thought and one path it can take.

Games can change overtime where interest can be renewed either through word of mouth, or updated articles peices or reviews.

As an example I left after patch 1.0.3 though returned after 1.0.4 after reading some forum boards. So the possibility can also exist for additional patches or expansion that return players.

Maybe by this time 2013, people will realise that Diablo 2 was terrible without its expansion pack. Maybe they'll realise that the ladders they go on so much about weren't added until years after the initial release, maybe they'll realise that 100+ hours in a game, might just be, enough.

Deleted
    Your question is useless. Who cares how good they make the game at this point? The real question is whether or not people who have left the game will come back to it. The answer to that question is no.
    First of all, his question is not useless. It's a poll with a reasonable question, and judging by the answers, unlike you, most people answering the poll seem to be hopeful for the game. What's useless is being bitter about a game you're no longer playing.

Resentment is like taking poison and hoping the other person (in this case, the game) dies. Not sure who said it first, but that's what you're doing.

Also, while I disagree with your guess that people who have quit the game won't pick it up again (of course some of them will, that's obvious), I fail to see why any of them should. There are those of us who still play. Blizzard isn't going to shut down the Diablo 3 service. Why would any of you, who have quit the game, need to start playing it again?

There are no changes that they can make that would bring any significant numbers of players back to the game. That ship has sailed. The people who left have moved on to other games.

If only they'd do the same on game-specific forums too.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Just like Diablo 2 it was terrible before LoD anyone whos played D2 can tell you that

Hopefully it will be the same and I really do mean D2 was T E R R I B LE like pretty bad before that expansion came out
    I hated LoD passionately. Classic was so much better it's not even funny. Even up until a couple years ago, I would load up D2 and play classic every few years for a month or two until I got bored.

Personally I think the game will get worse. 1.04 was mostly a good patch, except for the MF nerf. By fixing what isn't broken, Blizzard can only make it worse in 1.05 and beyond.

10+ Year Old Account

The only thing that will bring a significant number of people back to the game is new content. And they've already said that will not happen in a patch. You'll have to wait for the expansion.
    This man should be quoted and remembered for this. To be frank though, I'm not sure how many people will come back for new content. For many D3 is a sore spot and frankly after getting rid of the bad taste by leaving the game do you think many will come back? Well it depends. Look I'll say what I've been saying since this game came out. If they manage to bring the game up to d2:lod quality and standard WITHOUT me purchasing an expansion, and the expansion is actually new stuff and new design then maybe ill purchase it. But if they sell me an expansion and say "ITS JUST LIKE LOD" well then why the fuck would I buy that? I love LoD but I want something more than that. If I wanted LoD I would go play LoD, no it has to be more. It first has to be equal to it and then it has to be more.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

It will get better, devs finally realized this isnt an mmo. The problem is that it took too long, bl2 is damn fun and tl2 comes out tonight. I dont see them doing anything that can make me play d3 (after 4 months) over these games at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much nothing they would do will ever get me to play this game again. I loved D2, loved its' complexity, the unique feel of every class and the fact that once you finished your build, that's what it was. Most of the changes they made for D3 only served to make the game less attractive to me. All the "streamlining" they did to the talents, items, stats, gems, scaling of absolutely everything on your weapon DPS, bore the label "less exciting" to me. The RMAH is just the final nail in the coffin. This, coupled both the fact that bosses drop nothing interesting anymore and drop rates are so ridiculously low makes it feel like an excuse to have something like the RMAH in place. It's one of the least enjoyable games I've ever played. Not to say I never played a worse game, all the potential for a great successor to D2 is in the game. Blizzard just either didn't want to make it one, or had no idea how. Fortunately we have plenty of new, better games of the same genre coming up, made by newer, younger companies that haven't alienated themselves from their playerbase, like Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile.
    Rant rant rant, now I'm depressed again. -.-

I think it will be better later on, mostly because when pvp comes out a lot more people will play and there will be a lot more things to do
    게임 은 어렵~~

The damage has been done... I don't think D3 will be great again, at least until the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    First of all, his question is not useless. It's a poll with a reasonable question, and judging by the answers, unlike you, most people answering the poll seem to be hopeful for the game. What's useless is being bitter about a game you're no longer playing.
    His question is useless. Even if they made a bazillion changes to D3 and it was suddenly a 5 star game, it would not draw any serious amount of players back. There's no new content until the expansion. And you can only find so much enjoyment in a game where you've already "been there, done that". I'm glad that you and a handfull of others went back to the game. But there's nothing you can do to convince any sane person that you are anything other than the exception to the rule. The game will never get back up to the amount of players it had at realese. That's just the way games work. And it works that way no matter what super-awesome changes you make.

The fact that they had a decade to create the game and four months after release to fine tune it and STILL haven't gotten it right makes me a bit dubious about that likelihood anyway.

Resentment is like taking poison and hoping the other person (in this case, the game) dies. Not sure who said it first, but that's what you're doing.
    Poetic, but untrue. I don't want Diablo or Blizzard to die. I want Diablo to be a game that lives up to Blizzard's stellar reputation. And I want Blizzard to go on and continue making great games that I love to play.

Also, while I disagree with your guess that people who have quit the game won't pick it up again (of course some of them will, that's obvious), I fail to see why any of them should. There are those of us who still play. Blizzard isn't going to shut down the Diablo 3 service. Why would any of you, who have quit the game, need to start playing it again?
    I'm a bit confused about what you're trying to say here. I think you're saying that you don't want anyone but you playing the game. That's.... really weird.

If only they'd do the same on game-specific forums too.
    How quaint. It's a good thing most companies don't think like you do. I, for one, am very glad that Blizzard is just as interested in hearing from the people who criticize their games as those who love them.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted
    His question is useless. Even if they made a bazillion changes to D3 and it was suddenly a 5 star game, it would not draw any serious amount of players back. There's no new content until the expansion. And you can only find so much enjoyment in a game where you've already "been there, done that". I'm glad that you and a handfull of others went back to the game. But there's nothing you can do to convince any sane person that you are anything other than the exception to the rule. The game will never get back up to the amount of players it had at realese. That's just the way games work. And it works that way no matter what super-awesome changes you make.
    First of all, thanks for labeling everyone who thinks the game is great as "insane". Secondly, no matter how many times you repeat it, his question isn't useless. That's just the way things work.

Also, you're making awesome assumptions here. "No new content until the expansion". "The" expansion? We know Diablo 3 is going to have an expansion? Also, you clearly don't seem to consider new items, new mechanics, or a PvP system "new content", not to mention last I checked, there are still plenty of patches coming about which we know nothing. Feels like watching the Romney/Ryan campaign over here.

The fact that they had a decade to create the game and four months after release to fine tune it and STILL haven't gotten it right makes me a bit dubious about that likelihood anyway.
    Yeah. It's funny how all games are so awesome at release, and how once the development of a new product is announced, the developers suddenly start coding 8 hours a day every day until the product is released. A bit like every single Windows has been perfect at launch, and there's never been any updates, ever.

Poetic, but untrue. I don't want Diablo or Blizzard to die.
    I guess you're just trying to make people feel like shit for liking this game, then. That, or you're trying to indoctrinate them into thinking your viewpoint is the correct one.

Either way, thanks man.

I want Diablo to be a game that lives up to Blizzard's stellar reputation. And I want Blizzard to go on and continue making great games that I love to play.
    You want a gaming company to continue making great games for people who do nothing but shit on them after they make a game? I fail to see why they should. The way the gamers are treating them, they should just shut the company down completely and spit on gamers every time they see one.

There's something to be said for loyalty towards a great company in their low times, or at the very least times when they aren't making some unreasonably mindblowing superproduct. It's still the same company, last I checked, with the same founders at the helm.

Then again, I forgot, the Blizzard North developers built Blizzard to the massive success it is today, and since they're no longer with the company, it's a free-for-all for haters. My bad.

I'm a bit confused about what you're trying to say here. I think you're saying that you don't want anyone but you playing the game. That's.... really weird.
    I'm trying to ask you this: why exactly does it matter whether you play or not?

How quaint. It's a good thing most companies don't think like you do. I, for one, am very glad that Blizzard is just as interested in hearing from the people who criticize their games as those who love them.
    There's no Blizzard here on MMOC, and even if they did read these threads, which I highly doubt - why would they? - there are actual official venues through which to suggest things and point out flaws.

Much more fun to grind your teeth, swallow your bile and spew forth some irate posts here though.

I think D3 is great now.

Blizzard always fixes what isn't broken, and makes any changes whiners want - essentially allowing the whiners to design the game.

This will make it worse as time goes on, not better.

Deleted
    I'll be honest, I do believe that with enough patches Diablo 3 will get better and better.

However, I don't think it'll ever be as fun and as good as Diablo 2.
    So while the game may improve, I don't think lots of people will suddenly start playing it more.

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan007 View Post
    So do you think Diablo 3 will become a better game overtime ?
    Pretty obvious that it will. That's what patches are for.

Whether that will be enough to retain a large playerbase is a different question. Not sure, to be honest, but I'm leaning towards no. D3 has - in my opinion - faults which are too fundamental to fix in a content patch. No patch will make D3 as addicting as D2 was, IMO.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

On the one hand AH/RMAH, the ultimate goal of the game and on the other stuttering issues on high end machines for which a solution was promised months ago. Meh, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

There's no Blizzard here on MMOC, and even if they did read these threads, which I highly doubt - why would they? - there are actual official venues through which to suggest things and point out flaws.

Much more fun to grind your teeth, swallow your bile and spew forth some irate posts here though.
    I'll quote ghostcrawler in his own words

Do you visit MMO-Champion and if so do you troll people on there.
    I visit most active WoW sites and forums. I never post as a normal dude
    So yes they do read mmo-c and they do read feedback on a broad range of sites. Furthermore even if they didn't I'm not sure what it matters for the purposes of this discussion. It's simply a distraction on your part, an attempt to silence very just criticism that you seemingly can't defend. Carry on though, as much as you think it's amusing that we thrash the game it's far more entertaining to watch you blunder and stumble in a vain attempt to defend it.