View Poll Results: How do you think Diablo 3 will fair in 2013 ?

Voters
403. This poll is closed
  • Diablo 3 will be a better game in 2013

193 47.89%
  • Diablo 3 will be a worse game in 2013

69 17.12%
  • Diablo 3 will remain the same

141 34.99%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Tbh, i've had just short of 200 hours out of it so I can't grumble.

As for the overall package of D3, well TL2 comes out in 2 hours, with BL2 also to play, MoP next week if people want to play that, who cares about D3 at this moment in time. Nothing has changed with 1.0.4 apart from you get Paragon, while grinding Inferno for shyte items in A1, 2 or 3, and nothing else to do but farm A1, 2 or 3 for useless items...

It's a no brainer really, simples!

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    First of all, thanks for labeling everyone who thinks the game is great as "insane". Secondly, no matter how many times you repeat it, his question isn't useless. That's just the way things work.
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume that you're just not understanding what I'm saying. The alternative is that you're intentionally twisting my words and, while I’ve explained this fairly clearly like three times now, I figure I’ll give you one last shot. Just in case.

It is insane to think that anything Blizzard will introduce in a patch will draw back any significant number of players to the game. And, to dumb it all the way down, “significant” means “at or near release levels”. Personally, I don’t think they’d even get back up to half of their release population.

This says nothing about people who are still playing the game or who went back to it after leaving other than that they are in the minority when compared to the number of people who left and never came back. This is that last time I’ll explain this concept to you as any misunderstanding at this point must be intentional or uncorrectable due to inability.

Also, you're making awesome assumptions here. "No new content until the expansion". "The" expansion? We know Diablo 3 is going to have an expansion? Also, you clearly don't seem to consider new items, new mechanics, or a PvP system "new content", not to mention last I checked, there are still plenty of patches coming about which we know nothing.
    You clearly don’t understand the meaning of the word “content”. I suppose that’s understandable for the inexperienced since WoW often mixes content with fixes in its patches. Content, for D3, would be a new Act with new monsters and new quests. To date, D3 has had nothing but fixes. And further, Blizzard itself has said that no new content will be delivered until the expansion (yes, THE expansion). So perhaps you should do your research before you open your mouth on a topic.

Feels like watching the Romney/Ryan campaign over here.
    Oooo... A pot shot to distract from the actual topic. That sounds just like… something a politician would do.

Yeah. It's funny how all games are so awesome at release, and how once the development of a new product is announced, the developers suddenly start coding 8 hours a day every day until the product is released. A bit like every single Windows has been perfect at launch, and there's never been any updates, ever.

You want a gaming company to continue making great games for people who do nothing but shit on them after they make a game? I fail to see why they should. The way the gamers are treating them, they should just shut the company down completely and spit on gamers every time they see one.

There's something to be said for loyalty towards a great company in their low times, or at the very least times when they aren't making some unreasonably mindblowing superproduct. It's still the same company, last I checked, with the same founders at the helm.

Then again, I forgot, the Blizzard North developers built Blizzard to the massive success it is today, and since they're no longer with the company, it's a free-for-all for haters. My bad.
    I will never understand the idiocy that leads people to think that if I’m critical of one aspect of one game, I must want Blizzard to burn in a fiery pit. Especially when I’ve said the exact opposite a half dozen times in the very posts you’re quoting. Honestly. Shit like this makes me question people’s sanity.

I'm trying to ask you this: why exactly does it matter whether you play or not?
    I’m sorry, but if you can’t figure out why a company would want customers, I really can’t help you.

I guess you're just trying to make people feel like shit for liking this game, then. That, or you're trying to indoctrinate them into thinking your viewpoint is the correct one.

Either way, thanks man.

There's no Blizzard here on MMOC, and even if they did read these threads, which I highly doubt - why would they? - there are actual official venues through which to suggest things and point out flaws.

Much more fun to grind your teeth, swallow your bile and spew forth some irate posts here though.
    I post just as prolifically on the Blizzard forums. And, last I checked, these forums were also created for discussion and no one has said that discussion must be purely positive. If you have a problem with what he allows on his forums, I suggest you take up the issue with Boub.

Anyway, I meant what I said at the begining. I'm done with you. This isn't even an "agree to disagree" thing. This is a "you just cannot comprehend the things that I'm saying" thing - and, as such, is worthless to continue. Don't feel too bad though. This just as likely can be poor explanation on my part as poor comprehension on yours. I sometimes fail horribly at explaining complicated ideas that make perfect sense in my head.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-09-20 at 03:57 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    I’m sorry, but if you can’t figure out why a company would want customers, I really can’t help you.
    Oh, I understand why a company wants customers just fine.

What I'm asking is this: why would they want someone who moans and bitches on unofficial forums about how they personally were so disappointed and this and that, bringing people's attitudes towards the game even further down, piling on and on, until they're starting to cost the company actual business with their indoctrination and driving away of others, instead of trying to keep a positive attitude, telling people to be patient and calm down, while at the same time using the official venues and ways of sending the company their critique and suggestions, and asking others to do the same?

What I'm asking is this: why would the player base on an unofficial forum dedicated to discussing the game, players who want to talk about things they're doing in the game, things they'd love to see in the game, things that will help them improve their own gaming experience, want to see that exact aforementioned person back in the game?

What I'm asking is this: why would Blizzard, or the player base, care if you specifically - or someone equally embittered, disappointed and frustrated, came back to the game? I mean, it's not like we'll ever see you, or in any way need you in the game, and it's not like you're paying Blizzard a dime more if you play. Besides, I'm guessing there's a big enough chance for anyone who's quit Diablo already to still buy the expansion - if there ever is one, and Blizzard knows it. So what use have they for you right now? As a company.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Oh, I understand why a company wants customers just fine.

What I'm asking is this: why would they want someone who moans and bitches on unofficial forums about how they personally were so disappointed and this and that, bringing people's attitudes towards the game even further down, piling on and on, until they're starting to cost the company actual business with their indoctrination and driving away of others, instead of trying to keep a positive attitude, telling people to be patient and calm down, while at the same time using the official venues and ways of sending the company their critique and suggestions, and asking others to do the same?

What I'm asking is this: why would the player base on an unofficial forum dedicated to discussing the game, players who want to talk about things they're doing in the game, things they'd love to see in the game, things that will help them improve their own gaming experience, want to see that exact aforementioned person back in the game?

What I'm asking is this: why would Blizzard, or the player base, care if you specifically - or someone equally embittered, disappointed and frustrated, came back to the game? I mean, it's not like we'll ever see you, or in any way need you in the game, and it's not like you're paying Blizzard a dime more if you play. Besides, I'm guessing there's a big enough chance for anyone who's quit Diablo already to still buy the expansion - if there ever is one, and Blizzard knows it. So what use have they for you right now? As a company.
    Aside from your gross and ridiculous characterization the answer is simple. Any good developer (and I still believe Blizzard is a good developer regardless of this game) want's feedback on what you expected and how it didn't measure up to that. They also would want to know what they added to the game that worked and what made you come back so they know for future reference and design what worked and what didnt.

As for you and other people on this forum why would you care either way? Well obviously you don't but that isn't the point and it's another fucking distraction and misdirection on your part. Let's try this. Who cares if you like teh game? Why do you post on here telling us how much you like it and how wrong we are for voicing criticism? Do you think blizzard or any one on this forum cares? I mean I can just as easily turn it around on you.

It is however entirely fucking meaningless. We have criticism. You don't like it thats to bad we didn't ask you. Piss off.

Deleted
    I think Diablo 3 has a great future if they can nail down pvp. Otherwise i dont se much point in keep playing the game after you beaten it. Itemhunt having first priority was a bad design decision imo.
    The game needs to have a competetive angle, - i mean, how do you pwn in softcore Diablo? What characterizes a skilled Diablo player? Lucky droprate? Most hours played?
    The best suggestion i've read is to make a ambitious DOTA game style for diablo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    I think Diablo 3 has a great future if they can nail down pvp.
    No matter how good PvP will be, people will whine that because of the RMAH it will be pay to win. I don't think it'll be popular.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Just like Diablo 2 it was terrible before LoD anyone whos played D2 can tell you that

Hopefully it will be the same and I really do mean D2 was T E R R I B LE like pretty bad before that expansion came out
    It's funny how opinions work, I played d2 since release and enjoy both the original and the expansion but if i was pressed to tell you which one "I" thought was better, I would say the original. It was more challenging IMO.

So stop trying to speak for everyone with this nonsense , thank you.

While the game has it's flaws, some that will be fixed and some that won't, it's player count won't be affected by much at all, not even content. Either you like the main part about the game which is chasing gear perfection, or you don't, if you don't then no content will make the game fun for you for a longer period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    While the game has it's flaws, some that will be fixed and some that won't, it's player count won't be affected by much at all, not even content. Either you like the main part about the game which is chasing gear perfection, or you don't, if you don't then no content will make the game fun for you for a longer period of time.
    I don't think it's that black and white. I like chasing gear perfection but it can and should be tweaked. The way you chase it and what "gear perfection" really means. Like currently gear perfection means you have to have a weapon with like 1000+ dps since everything is tied to it. Well IMHO that's bonehead as fuck. Changing that naturally of course changes the meaning of "gear perfection" and it's one thing they could do. If you change the core of the game and make it for the better I don't see why (other than the sour taste and initial impression left on the players who left) people wouldn't come back. Like what your trying to do is saying people left because they didn't like the core of the game and not because the core of the game is royally fucked and needs fixes. Yea im sure people left because they didn't like what the game was all about, but lots of people left because the core of the game is royally screwed and needs to be fixed. People leave for lots of reasons and not always reasonable ones and sometimes really fickle ones. Sometimes they leave for good reasons to.

D3 was designed so people could slowly plod through later content, and only proceed after getting enough tiered gear to move on to the next.
    I left after I realized it was going to be a tedious grind fest. D2 had the fun of quick action, and random drops.
    I sold my weapon for two fiddy and moved on.

Did any of this change after patch 1.04?
    And what about 1.05?
    Did they add any "fun" back to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vainglorious View Post
    D3 was designed so people could slowly plod through later content, and only proceed after getting enough tiered gear to move on to the next.
    I left after I realized it was going to be a tedious grind fest. D2 had the fun of quick action, and random drops.
    I sold my weapon for two fiddy and moved on.

Did any of this change after patch 1.04?
    And what about 1.05?
    Did they add any "fun" back to it?
    Fun is a registered trade mark of Jay Wilson and co and is not to be used without their express written consent...

All kidding aside if you didn't like it before you probably won't now as Paragon is simply another grind on top of the grind. 1.0.5 doesn't promise to change much about this either really. Really the patches are tweaks here and there and a few additions but nothing overall has changed that much.

See that's the overall problem, I think they tried to make the game "fun" to as many people as possible and failed miserably because they tried to make it to broad. I still want to know who was this game made for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look Kripparrian has an opinion... let's make a thread about it. Next week he'll admit to enjoying a bag of cheetos, let's see how many of us agree.

On-topic: It will most likely remain the same, doubt the game can be changed enough for people to continuously enjoy playing it.

I feel like the best point that has been made about D3 is that Loot infographic someone made and posted to a thread on the official forums, i'll look for the link.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/998...aphiclarge.png

I honestly believe this is one of the , if not THE, major problem(s) with the game. It's not changing without a complete overhaul of the entire system from the ground up and it's safe to say that something like that will never happen, so the game will largely stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    I feel like the best point that has been made about D3 is that Loot infographic someone made and posted to a thread on the official forums, i'll look for the link.
    http://imageshack.us/a/img689/8853/infographic.jpg

I think the most upsetting one was number 4. I liked cross class abilities on loot

Now the larger questions coming out of this are three fold

1. Does Blizzard even agree it's a problem?
    2. Will they do anything about it given that theirs real money tied up in this? Like if you detach weapon dmg from abilities than that 1000+ dps weapon you had on the AH for 20 bucks is kinda poop right now.
    3. If their commited to fixing it what can and should we expect them to do about it?
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-09-20 at 10:26 PM.

It's like herpes man, can't do anything about it at this point XD. But seriously, its a huge problem which will require a lot in order to fix, and that is, like you say, if they even think that this is a problem (they really should tbh)

Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    Oh look Kripparrian has an opinion... let's make a thread about it. Next week he'll admit to enjoying a bag of cheetos, let's see how many of us agree.
    Very bad example, cheetos are amazing

The next two weeks will tell us about its future. It now has competition.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm not willing to buy an expansion for those types of fixes though. Fundamentally those are things that should have been caught during testing before release. I'm not sure why I should have to pay again for them to fix what is borked.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Very bad example, cheetos are amazing

The next two weeks will tell us about its future. It now has competition.
    It's biggest competition is actually WoW though and that will affect the player base more than torchlight ever could. So just because there is about to be an even larger player drop off in concurrent users doesn't mean it was because torchlight is a better game. I'm not saying it won't be though, since it could very well be a better dungeon crawler than d3. However, MoP is going to significantly reduce concurrent players in many games. At least in the first month or two.

As for the OP, D3 will be better in 2013 because it will have pvp. I'm not sure if they will make other changes for better or worse though. As for more players, it will for major patches but then it will die off until the next patch hits. It's the nature of the genre, so don't expect people to be playing torchlight nonstop for years or even several months either and in the end d3 will be a more polished game and played for years.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-09-20 at 11:10 PM.

It'll definitely be a better game. It already is better than it was at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I don't think it's that black and white. I like chasing gear perfection but it can and should be tweaked.
    I was talking about content, level cap increases and such that is mentioned as a miracle way to get players back, none of that matters if you don't like the concept of gear perfection and lets be honest here, the bulk of the players that left wasn't players that like gear perfection but disliked the D3 version of it, I'm betting it's people who didn't like the concept in the first place. So even if you tweak the core of gear perfection it still wouldn't matter much, more perhaps then other ways but not much in the big picture.