Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by delaxes View Post
    Soloing old school raids are also a brilliant way to get got my mind on my money.
    To bad its Being Nerf ed so that you don't get full amount if you aren't in a raid with the correct corresponding #- also I'm hoping to update this come MoP, but for now I think we are done with this thread till then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    To bad its Being Nerf ed so that you don't get full amount if you aren't in a raid with the correct corresponding #- also I'm hoping to update this come MoP, but for now I think we are done with this thread till then.
    For me soloing old raids will be pretty much pointless. Sure, I'll keep progressing. But farming what already has been done? Pointless. Reactivating raid lockouts every week inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    Providing they don't bug out like Ulduar's has a tendency to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    Providing they don't bug out like Ulduar's has a tendency to do...
    Aside from Yogg, I didn't really find any bug in ulduar.
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    It's bugged out twice on me so far...one time after reactivating a lockout and killing a boss, the other after killing a few bosses and logging out for 15 mins. (both times it wouldn't let me back in)

I see the list says all AQ 40 besides C'thun and Emps? Is it actually possible to kill Viscidous? Just curious if its possible to get that many frost attacks in a short window. Tryin for xmog gloves, and It seemed near impossible to solo. Just Curious how you go about it.
    Last edited by Asem; 2012-07-31 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asem View Post
    I see the list says all AQ 40 besides C'thun and Emps? Is it actually possible to kill Viscidous? Just curious if its possible to get that many frost attacks in a short window. Tryin for xmog gloves, and It seemed near impossible to solo. Just Curious how you go about it.
    I personally haven't done it, though the theory would probably be something like WF/Frost weapon for enhance, and instead Of ES you use FS. thats the theory any way- looking at mop stuff and didn't see frost band weapon listed any more- they didn't remove it did they?

Quote Originally Posted by Asem View Post
    Frost attacks can take one hour if you want. What you need is melee hits in a time window - so you get fast daggers, double WF, heroism, wolves, full haste gear and trinkets, and pray

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Frost attacks can take one hour if you want. What you need is melee hits in a time window - so you get fast daggers, double WF, heroism, wolves, full haste gear and trinkets, and pray
    Or this.

/char

Deleted
    One small thing about soloing KT in TK. Does the grounding totem actually absorb/reflect the boss's Fireballs and Pyros?

Quote Originally Posted by nebul View Post
    One small thing about soloing KT in TK. Does the grounding totem actually absorb/reflect the boss's Fireballs and Pyros?
    no im quite sure it doesnt

Quote Originally Posted by nebul View Post
    Pretty sure it absorbs fireballs, but not pyroblast. I'd have to test it out because i typically do it with 5 sec interrupts and don't let anything get through.

Deleted
    Last week before patch, so I thought I'd get some of the soloable bosses that are behind unsoloable bosses...so I finished off BT. Mother Sharaz was easy (the silence is only a minor irritant if you make sure you're on full hp before it), but something weird happened at Illidari Council...my 2nd wipe was ~25% (hard fight with luck, although I wasn't in range of Lady Malande half the time when I pressed my macro), but when I pulled the 3rd time their health resumed at ~25% and I finished them off. Still I won't complain, as it let me reach Illidan. (who I one-shot with ease by dropping earth ele at one of the flames while killing the other)
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2012-08-25 at 07:06 PM.

Deleted
    Naxx was next, after having a few speculative goes on Patchwerk and getting him to 4% (!) with the reincarnate trick. Grobbulus is easy, Gluth requires one of two tactics to deal with the mortal wound stacks (briefly tank zombies with earth ele and move the boss to make him jump away from you to eat a zombie, or simply blow all CD's at 8-9 stacks), and Thaddius is easy if you use CD's on the two minibosses (lightning tether doesn't hurt that much but it adds up when the other miniboss reaches you).
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2012-08-26 at 07:45 PM.

Deleted
    So I took a spin through Ulduar tonight to see how our soloing ability compares to pre-patch, and to practice soloing with the new talents on bosses that offer some challenge...with mixed results.

The first 5 bosses and Auriaya were about the same as they were before, Hodir was a little easier and Freya was a bit easier thanks to the extra CD's (EM/hero on the big tree adds and stuff like AG for emergencies).

Thorim was also easier overall. The gauntlet is more reliable now because GW and sprint stack (208% speed ftw), but it's also possible now to re-enter the gauntlet too early (after dropping totems in the arena) and get hit by the lightning ball. The fight itself seemed a bit easier too, as you have more CD's to use at the end.

Mimiron has been buffed significantly (nearly 2x health on all 3 units and nearly 2x melee damage from the bottom unit), and is now a cutting-edge fight. P1 is much harder now (use HST with another CD on every plasma blast), P2/3 are about the same and P4 is harder but not super-hard, just a lot longer. (keep killing the bottom until you've reduced the top to 100k or so, hitting the middle as needed for MW5's when the bottom is down)

The worst news comes from Vezax however...while you can still interrupt every flame cast (just!) it appears that his debuff is now updated with the new spells and as a result you can't heal anymore (90% reduction), hence it's now impossible to solo. (it may work at 90 if our dps/healing increases significantly, as my best try was ~63% and I think some of our CD's might still be healing for full if I can reach that %)

I wouldn't be surprised if Yogg hasn't been updated in the same way also (constrictor tentacles, they were only hittable with UE...the only new dmg spell we had after WotLK) but I haven't tried. (if they are updated then it will depend on how feasible fire totems/PE/wolves are against them, as LS never hits)

Overall it doesn't look too bad in general (worse in some ways and better in others), but there have been some changes to bosses that might screw us up. (I also noticed big health buffs to Felmyst/KJ in SWP when I did a transmog run the other week, so there might be more)
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2012-09-18 at 11:21 PM.

Been soloing Malygos as elemental for the last couple of weeks quite easy if you have the gear, managed to get blue and azure in back to back lockouts,.

I've managed to solo 10 man Marrowgar last week, as Elemental. Took me a few attempts, but finally got the hang of it.

Deleted
    Soloe'd the Theramore scenario just now (get 2 guildies to queue with you then they can afk/teleport/leave grp once you're in). Takes a while now the mob hp's have doubled, but simple enough. Final battle is a bit hectic but we're more than equipped to survive. Should be interesting to see what the lvl 90 ones are like in this department.

In case someone cares, the new Healing Stream Totem still heals figures in Karazhan chess event.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    In case someone cares, the new Healing Stream Totem still heals figures in Karazhan chess event.
    Isn't that fight still bugged as hell, though?