Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    When i posted the link, it was working - probably the author has closed the beta page and they're working for a proper release.
    Digging through curse didn't gave me results, but i don't use curse client and i cannot check it.

Give some time to Meorawr, it's not an easy aaddon to mantain
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Which you can just determine with one look at the boss health bar?

Oh well, some people can't function without AddOns, I presume.
    this. a thousand times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kindath View Post
    I think I got it working, I had to flush my WTF settings for it. Must have had some old data screwing it up.

Anyway, with the new version, add a new texture and go to Activation
    Main trigger: Unit Health
    Invert: unchecked
    Unit: Target
    Absolute values: unchecked
    Value: 35%
    Operator: < (or <= if you want it to show when they're exactly at 35%, but I'm not positive that will let you dispatch)
    This works fine, but is there any way you can just make it activate on hostile or enemy targets? It's a bit annoying to see my aura activate when I target a party member below 35% health for example.

Only have target checked for unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Which you can just determine with one look at the boss health bar?

Oh well, some people can't function without AddOns, I presume.
    *Whew* we were just short of douche cap before your post. Thanks for your contribution!

Mod edit: no need for insults - infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2012-09-20 at 05:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Power auras old version updated for MoP here: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info21531.html

If you upgraded to Power Auras 5, it is recommended that you remove it and restore your old WTF folder configuration files <- if you backed up your wow before and want your old auras back.

My aura for dispatch icon @ 35% hp on enemy target - make sure to edit and apply the checkbox to spec 2 if you need.
    Code:
    Version:4.23; target:true; icon:inv_alchemy_elixir_05; x:-172; customname:53; bufftype:8; alpha:1; threshold:35; customtex:true; size:0.27; y:-390; ismounted:0; finish:0
    As far as the new power auras is concerned I'm fine and well accustomed to the old version and it does its job. Added to the fact that I would have to make all my auras again, I'd rather be lazy and just continue with the old version until I'm forced to change.
    Last edited by Ujio; 2012-09-14 at 11:34 PM.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure most places have updated PA since the two weeks ago this thread was last active ;P but getting the recommendation/code in here is definitely a plus compared to the alternatives that were posted earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    I'm sure most places have updated PA since the two weeks ago this thread was last active ;P but getting the recommendation/code in here is definitely a plus compared to the alternatives that were posted earlier.
    Thread got bumped up so might as well contribute Wasn't sure if they had re-released PowerAuras 5.0 yet either.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Code:
    Set=Page 2@
    Aura[25]=Version:4.3.6; b:0.0784; g:0.6941; target:true; icon:inv_alchemy_elixir_05; buffname:Dispatch; x:-34; bufftype:8; texture:181; alpha:1; symetrie:2; sound:42; threshold:35; size:0.59; y:13@
    Aura[26]=Version:4.3.6; b:0.0784; g:0.6941; target:true; icon:inv_alchemy_elixir_05; buffname:Dispatch; x:42; bufftype:8; texture:181; alpha:1; symetrie:3; sound:42; threshold:35; size:0.59; y:14@

The graphic almost matches the normal proc graphic and makes a nice matching sound to go along with it. Enjoy!
    Dropndestroy | i7-3770k 4.6Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI | ASUS Maximus V Formula | G.Skill 16gb 2400 | AX850

I switched to WeakAuras when the new PA came out and lacked too much functionality. WA is superior in every aspect, from visual display aesthetics to simple configuration to expanded functionality.

Setting up a Dispatch notification was very intuitive with it.

I've been a very, very long-term user of PowerAuras and was resistant to even consider giving something else a chance, but with the massive changes to PA recently, I gave WeakAuras a shot just to replace it very temporarily while PA stabilized. Now, I'll never go back.
    Last edited by Mctriple; 2012-09-18 at 03:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post
    I switched to WeakAuras when the new PA came out and lacked too much functionality. WA is superior in every aspect, from visual display aesthetics to simple configuration to expanded functionality.

Setting up a Dispatch notification was very intuitive with it.

I've been a very, very long-term user of PowerAuras and was resistant to even consider giving something else a chance, but with the massive changes to PA recently, I gave WeakAuras a shot just to replace it very temporarily while PA stabilized. Now, I'll never go back.
    You have much less possibilies in WA than in PA. PA can make EVERYTHING you want with a bit of depth in your config, and while WA might be more intuitive and easier to configure, it's much more limited in what it can do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    You have much less possibilies in WA than in PA. PA can make EVERYTHING you want with a bit of depth in your config, and while WA might be more intuitive and easier to configure, it's much more limited in what it can do.
    When everything else fails, WA allow you to directly use Lua scripting to create auras - so the possibilities are pretty much endless. You are still somewhat limited by visual features but the systems behind them can do whatever you are able to put into code. So the limiting factor is usually the user, not the addon.

But then, I did not check PA since ICC so it's possible they moved forward as well.
    Last edited by mmocd4c3cb2719; 2012-09-18 at 05:24 PM.

Haven't messed with assassination since the patch, but couldn't you just make a macro like this:

#showtooltip
    /cast Dispatch
    /cast Mutilate

to automatically swap for you based on the target's health? No need to use addons and waste time.

No, you can't do that. That type of macro has never worked, and the castrandom variation was disabled around Ulduar.

Maybe it doesn't work now (like I said I haven't tried), but those types of macros worked as recently as last patch. I used:

#showtooltip
    /cast Shiv
    /cast Throw

for all of Cata. It's essentially the same thing; you couldn't cast Throw in melee range, so it would use Shiv in melee, and since you can't Shiv from range, it would use Throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    this. a thousand times.
    I don't know about you, but when I'm playing i have many visual ques that I'm paying attention to. It's nice to have audio ques for some things like specific procs, and in some peoples cases, health percentages.

It's not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    Can you mention anything specifically you can do in PA but can't do in WA? I would be extremely interested because I don't believe it.

On the other hand, WA has progress textures which are visually appealing yet very functionally effective CD trackers. Dynamic groups, which as the name suggests changes the displays and configurations of multiple auras dynamically based on whatever you set it up to do. It allows the use of 3D models for displays instead of simple icons and rune textures. And the progress bars have allowed me to replace several addons I was using. To name a few things off the top of my head.

For any interested, here's a WeakAura for Dispatch. It'll show up if either a) Blindside proc'd or b) target is below 35% hp. I purposely made it faded and not terribly obtrusive, since having it up the entire time from 35%->0% gets old. Pretty easy to change the display to whatever you'd like, though!

http://pastebin.com/Hz3VEQzJ
    Last edited by Mctriple; 2012-09-20 at 03:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post
    Can you mention anything specifically you can do in PA but can't do in WA? I would be extremely interested because I don't believe it.

On the other hand, WA has progress textures which are visually appealing yet very functionally effective CD trackers. Dynamic groups, which as the name suggests changes the displays and configurations of multiple auras dynamically based on whatever you set it up to do. It allows the use of 3D models for displays instead of simple icons and rune textures. And the progress bars have allowed me to replace several addons I was using. To name a few things off the top of my head.

For any interested, here's a WeakAura for Dispatch. It'll show up if either a) Blindside proc'd or b) target is below 35% hp. I purposely made it faded and not terribly obtrusive, since having it up the entire time from 35%->0% gets old. Pretty easy to change the display to whatever you'd like, though!

http://pastebin.com/Hz3VEQzJ
    In PA 5.0 you also have progress bar with textures, and you can also do auras groups to edit them at the same time. I only caught the beta before it was taken off of curse, and from what I saw (except of the few bugs, that's why the beta was took down I guess), it's much more powerful than 4.0 used to be.

Deleted
    Some of u said u trigger dispath with MSBT - can u explain me how? :S