Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    i am a medicore (cleared HS-DS + achievements each week) raider and i use my mouse to click ability's
    Bind. It will be a pain in the ass for a week or so than you won't be able to believe you hadn't switched sooner. I've never in my life met anyone who really learned how to bind and went back to clicking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Bind. It will be a pain in the ass for a week or so than you won't be able to believe you hadn't switched sooner. I've never in my life met anyone who really learned how to bind and went back to clicking.
    This is so true, When you start binding with keybind hotkeys instead of klicking things will go so much better. Heck i even have like food flask mount and hearstone keybinded so i don't need to waste time finding them on the bars then click on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    This is so true, When you start binding with keybind hotkeys instead of klicking things will go so much better. Heck i even have like food flask mount and hearstone keybinded so i don't need to waste time finding them on the bars then click on them.
    Unless you have dyslexia combined with a memory problem, then it takes longer hunting for a letter on a keyboard, than for a pic on the screen :P (plus you have to look at the keyboard to try and find it, so have no idea whats going on in game )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukai View Post
    Unless you have dyslexia combined with a memory problem, then it takes longer hunting for a letter on a keyboard, than for a pic on the screen :P (plus you have to look at the keyboard to try and find it, so have no idea whats going on in game )
    Letters don't matter, positions do. Dyslexia and memory problems would have as much effect on keybinding as clicking, but probably even less. Your hands naturally learn the positions of your spells, which is why it's significantly better than clicking. You never have to look at anything outside of timers and what's going on in the raid.

Deleted
    Seriously? Reasons not to keybind now include that you have to stare down on your keyboard to use them?......

Thanks for changing the caption font in the guide btw.

And as aggixx said BitW doesn't snapshot stats since the patch, you can go to the Argent Tournament to find some dummies that you can try this on.

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    I've used ways both quite a bit. I honestly haven't found keybinds to be that much of an advantage in PvE except for a couple. In PvP however they are absolutely mandatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    I've used ways both quite a bit. I honestly haven't found keybinds to be that much of an advantage in PvE except for a couple. In PvP however they are absolutely mandatory.
    In PvE it has a huge advantage. If you are a tank/healer and you need quick reaction time binding is always significantly faster. If you are a dps unless there is just zero movement it still has a huge advantage.

You can easily see the difference between clickers and keybinders when watching people play. There is never an instant clicking is better, there are many many times clicking is way worse.

I've been in multiple top guilds and have seen what other top guilds expect. If you say you are a clicker you are declined. If you lie 99% of the time unless you are a healer who uses an addon and only clicks whatever spells aren't bound they can easily tell.

I clicked all through BC in a top guild but got away with it because I was a healer. I hated keybinding, but once I practiced a bit it was easy to see just how much better is really is. It ends up being way less work with much faster reaction times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by empo View Post
    And as aggixx said BitW doesn't snapshot stats since the patch, you can go to the Argent Tournament to find some dummies that you can try this on.
    It was in the guide it wasn't "clean" because DoT mechanic and AoE was in the same text for some reason so it was quite misleading.

Keybinds has both great advantages in PvE as PvP it all comes down to the "skill" level you want to rely on. I mean sure i am not going to hunt you down because you don't keybind but i do recommend you to use them because it will enhance your performance in PvE as well as PvP.
    I hated keybinding, but once I practiced a bit it was easy to see just how much better is really is. It ends up being way less work with much faster reaction times.
    This is probably the same case for everyone i was a clicker before, i would never consider click a single spell again i am probably extreme but sure it is worth it.

15+ Year Old Account
    so when boss is about to drop below 60% or 25% hp you want to use a agi pot + TF + Dream of Cenratios buff to put it up
    and thne keep refreshing it whit FB ?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    so when boss is about to drop below 60% or 25% hp you want to use a agi pot + TF + Dream of Cenratios buff to put it up
    That's how I understood it to work. Haven't outright tested it, but it's what I use in raids since 5.0.4. (without DoC of course).
    Last edited by mmoc4d207d572d; 2012-09-21 at 08:30 AM. Reason: DoC reference...

Deleted
    I've currently not got into DoC much but you'll want to have DoC every FB and TF and much as possible because the DoT will resnapshot all buffs except combo points when refreshed.The pot will only effect the first few ticks (If you don't have the potion up when refreshing it again)
    Hopefully they will fix Rips snapshoting to keep to buff from the very first applied Rip so we can burst when boss is below 25% (Or 60% with tier bonus)

Deleted
    Not bad, good basic guide. Once i've stared raiding ill see if theres anything that should be changed/added.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    Not bad, good basic guide. Once i've stared raiding ill see if theres anything that should be changed/added.
    I'd love to.
    Sadly i haven't done beta when i get started there will be a lot off changes when i get to test it out more then just going with maths theories and other players results.

2 useful (and almost mandatory) macros:

#showtooltip Berserk
    /cast Tiger's Fury
    /cast Incarnation
    /cast Nature's Vigil
    /cast Berserk

About this macro:
    -Ties TF to Berserk, how you should always be popping berserk. Also ties in our other offensive CDs most likely to be used with Berserk, pending they were chosen. If they weren't chosen you'll simply pop TF and then Berserk. Pop at ~30 energy or less (15 or less on live as TF gives you clearcasting) to avoid energy cap.
    -You can add potions, on use trinkets and things like Incarnation to the macro.
    -Be aware Incarnation is on the Global CD. It won't trigger if you're in the middle of a GCD.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,exists,nodead,help]Healing Touch; Healing Touch

About this macro:
    -Checks to see if you have a focus, then checks to see if they're dead and finally checks to see if they're friendly.
    -If all conditions are met it casts Healing Touch on them.
    -If one condition fails it casts Healing Touch on you (pending you have autoself cast enabled).
    -For use with DoC specs mostly, focus your main tank or offtank and this will heal them with the instant HT's you'll be using for DoC.
    -You can swap "@focus" with "@targettarget" to make sure it always hits the current tank, however be wary of if the boss "changes" targets to cast something on another player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalysun View Post
    2 useful (and almost mandatory) macros:

#showtooltip Berserk
    /cast Tiger's Fury
    /cast Incarnation
    /cast Nature's Vigil
    /cast Berserk

About this macro:
    -Ties TF to Berserk, how you should always be popping berserk. Also ties in our other offensive CDs most likely to be used with Berserk, pending they were chosen. If they weren't chosen you'll simply pop TF and then Berserk. Pop at ~30 energy or less (15 or less on live as TF gives you clearcasting) to avoid energy cap.
    -You can add potions, on use trinkets and things like Incarnation to the macro.
    -Be aware Incarnation is on the Global CD. It won't trigger if you're in the middle of a GCD.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,exists,nodead,help]Healing Touch; Healing Touch

About this macro:
    -Checks to see if you have a focus, then checks to see if they're dead and finally checks to see if they're friendly.
    -If all conditions are met it casts Healing Touch on them.
    -If one condition fails it casts Healing Touch on you (pending you have autoself cast enabled).
    -For use with DoC specs mostly, focus your main tank or offtank and this will heal them with the instant HT's you'll be using for DoC.
    -You can swap "@focus" with "@targettarget" to make sure it always hits the current tank, however be wary of if the boss "changes" targets to cast something on another player.
    Added with the Quote, Sheers for sharing :-)

Deleted
    In PvE it has a huge advantage. If you are a tank/healer and you need quick reaction time binding is always significantly faster. If you are a dps unless there is just zero movement it still has a huge advantage.

You can easily see the difference between clickers and keybinders when watching people play. There is never an instant clicking is better, there are many many times clicking is way worse.

I've been in multiple top guilds and have seen what other top guilds expect. If you say you are a clicker you are declined. If you lie 99% of the time unless you are a healer who uses an addon and only clicks whatever spells aren't bound they can easily tell.

I clicked all through BC in a top guild but got away with it because I was a healer. I hated keybinding, but once I practiced a bit it was easy to see just how much better is really is. It ends up being way less work with much faster reaction times.
    Pretty much the same for me, i used to click most of my stuff back in bc, would never go back now.

Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    Pretty much the same for me, i used to click most of my stuff back in bc, would never go back now.
    Yep, once you key-bind you don't go back. Its the same in other games, like RTS's. You think people that play good in Starcraft 2, Warcraft 3 etc (W/e all RTS's that are micro-management) are doing it with clicking 200 times/minute

Key-binds are great for so much more than just games aswell. Who dosen't like using CTRL + Z to correct an error in word

//Anywho, not what this sticky is about. I will just quickly add that people should start small with key-binds (No more than 15 binds). Recently playing an RTS where I'm learning keybinds from scratch reminds me so much how I struggled with it inn wow One good advise is to know what other people use of binds, and then apply it to you're own play styles (Like I always use F1-F4 buttons with CD's, V B buttons for some spammy abbilites...and so on, make rules, that will also makes it easiere to bind alts).
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Hi, could you list what addons exactly are you using for your UI?

Like those circle health bars? Nice font numbers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inori View Post
    Hi, could you list what addons exactly are you using for your UI?

Like those circle health bars? Nice font numbers?
    That UI in the youtube link is from Aggixx so ask him :-)

When i get final UI up i will take a screenie and link it, If someone else wanna share their UI choices feel free and i'll quote them in :P

Deleted
    Hectic first 2 days! Not looking forward to these dallies!

Anyone else find the last zone very hard as feral?