Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It makes very little difference for doing "current content" but going back and doing old content, particularly as a lowbie who's suppose to be in those areas, it can be awful sometimes. Nothing like having max level [faction] from a few different servers camping and entire area and hunting down every [opposing faction] and essentially causing that content to be inaccessible until they finally break up and go about their business elsewhere.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    While I think it's silly to quit over something like this, I'm personally not too happy with the cross realm zones either. It's cool to see people walk around Winterspring while doing archaeology I'm a little sad I can't farm things like Essence of Air in peace anymore. All of sudden there is competition over low level mobs and that annoys me. I decided not to join an overpopulated server for a reason.

But oh well I'll live with it.
    Oh bro, you've chosen the wrong kind of game. MMO actually stands for Massive Multiplayer Online.... Really, why would you play an MMO if not prepared for the "consequences"?

10+ Year Old Account
    People have become emotionally invested in this one way or the other over the last couple of weeks. They need to vent. Unintended stuff should still be brought up. Inconvenience caused by suddenly being forced into contact with other players should be largely ignored. That's more a matter of how much is too much and needs some tuning. There are too many people that seem to think that any at all is too much. It's a little sad.

If enough of them quit, we might get decent raids without nerfs and stuff.

Every serious gamer should zone in and gank them.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I was extremely wary of CRZs when they were being beta-tested, especially knowing that low-level realms on my server could be grouped with two servers that have a notorious anti-roleplay crowd (who will do any- and everything in their power to disrupt open-world RP events), but in practice they're not all that bad. Gilneas feels alive when I go play my lowbie druid alt, and the other night I made a new friend from another server RPing in Ratchet. We traded battletags and still chitchat.
    Why would they pair RP realms with non-RP realms? That's kinda dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Pretty much.

Most of the complaints I'm hearing are that it makes getting ganked while leveling/doing dailies MUCH more likely. Well, that's only true if you're on a PvP server. And what are PvP servers for? Ganking. Literally every other kind of PvP is available in full on PvE servers; BGs, arenas, voluntary open world PvP, etc. It's just involuntary world PvP that PvP servers change. They automatically flag you, so you're always vulnerable outside a city/starting zone.

If you don't like that, then maybe you should've rolled on a PvE server instead, since that's what they're for.
    Exactly!!!!

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe its useful for PVP Realms, but merging servers or doing something to try and actually get the community out there would solve the 'world pvp' that people want. All that I've seen at the moment is 85's ganking low level players, particular Dark Portal and Outland. And then a destruction of Goldshire which included murdering all NPCs in the local area (including quest givers and flight masters).

What benefit does it bring to PVE and RP Realms? None really, our resources are now shared and economy plummets, I don't see a Cross Realm Auction House helping at all. The people of other realms might as well be bots for all the interaction I have with them, or marked as enemies. I refuse to assist or help someone not from my own server which I enjoy being on, I'd rather help the Horde of my realm decimate any Alliance Cross Realmers. An option to Opt out is needed, especially on PVE/RP Realms. I made my choice a few weeks ago to stick on a Medium Population server rather than a High Population Server, right now it seems there is no benefit for being on Medium Population Servers.

As I said, just merge some of the very low population servers together and keep offering Free Character Migration, it would benefit realms, players and communities much more.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Pretty much.

Most of the complaints I'm hearing are that it makes getting ganked while leveling/doing dailies MUCH more likely. Well, that's only true if you're on a PvP server. And what are PvP servers for? Ganking. Literally every other kind of PvP is available in full on PvE servers; BGs, arenas, voluntary open world PvP, etc. It's just involuntary world PvP that PvP servers change. They automatically flag you, so you're always vulnerable outside a city/starting zone.

If you don't like that, then maybe you should've rolled on a PvE server instead, since that's what they're for.
    That is quite far from the only concern people have. The main problem I have with it is the way it will effect low populated server's economy - and I know alot other's on low populated servers have the same concern. I'm not going to quit over such a silly thing tho.

im not going to say that i would quit over it, but i really despite XRZ. simple as that. worse thing ever happen to low pop or even medium size realms.

not only that, i have toons on aliance side in wildhammer, wich is a horde dominated server population wise, guess what, the other server that share zone with us are also horde dominated, so now instead of a 2-1 ratio we could even say there is 4-5 times more horde per aliance toon.

cross realm zone would be nice if you only would join another realm while in a party or raid with friends, not all the time. it dosnt make old world/xpac any fun while leveling all it brings is the downs of leveling in a pvp realm, getting ganked by 10-20 levels above you ppl, fighting for resources, fighting for rares and so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    If enough of them quit, we might get decent raids without nerfs and stuff.

Every serious gamer should zone in and gank them.
    You do realize that the majority of whiners are the "serious" gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    They didn't, but Scarlet Crusade and Earthen Ring are infamous for their anti-roleplay communities.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

One issue that I've brought up is...

When your host zone is English, all your mounts are sorted properly (alphabetically). I can zone and my mount macro breaks, because it uses mount # to call mounts (any other method won't fit in a macro), because suddenly all my mounts are ordered according to some entirely different scheme- presumably, their names in Portuguese.

Let them quit, they don't feel like playing an MMO then why pay monthly for it. To those complaining about it, you should probably know that MMO stands for massively multiplayer online. So please for the love of god if you don't like playing with a ton of people just play some online single-player rpg.

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really mind it...i would prefer if there was more alliance and more horde however it seems there is now just 3* more horde and the alliance population has stayed the same :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    I am pretty sure Reams are just paired pvp/pvp and pve/pve.

Really, I don't think it would matter. Usually if people do any sort of real RP out in the world, it's with a set group anyway, and you're just as likely to get interrupted from same-realm griefers as those from a normal realm and conversely roleplayers are not likely to interfere with non-RPers who are questing. I can't speak for every server, but the realms I'm familiar with, the RP community is sustained by actual social connections, guild alliances, shared channels and the forums -- things not impacted by CRZ.

There's also probably not enough RP servers to limit the cross realm in them to just their own type and still have a meaningful impact.

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 03:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    When your host zone is English, all your mounts are sorted properly (alphabetically). I can zone and my mount macro breaks, because it uses mount # to call mounts (any other method won't fit in a macro), because suddenly all my mounts are ordered according to some entirely different scheme- presumably, their names in Portuguese.
    That's a funny unintended consequence. I mean, it's a sucky bug, but removed from the situation, it's amusing that it happens.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

It all sounds pretty stupid - the words coming out of the mouths of those saying it's great, that is. Everyone was not "demanding" a return of world PvP, or complaining that some of the zones were quiet, so suggesting "they" were is blatantly idiotic.

There's a difference between a player wanting to be able to PvP in game, and wanting to be constantly graveyard running while trying to level. Particularly if they're new to the game, and don't have friends or alts to kill people ganking them with. Either way though, things like stupidly large groups of players taking over the dark portal; where zoning makes it impossible to fight back suggests people aren't interested in "world pvp" so much as exploiting game mechanics to kill people with no recourse.

Either way, I hope it does result in a lot of sub losses, and new players losing interest. Because it's what Blizzard deserve for not foreseeing this, and we'll see which groups are the real sulking "care bears" when lower subs mean waiting twice as long for new content of even lower standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, typical wow player. Hyper over reactive people in general.
    All I can say is I hope they don't act like that in real life; most of the time it sucks hardcore, and ya can't usually run away from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I too think its pretty hilarious actually, you might have to compete or engage with other people in an mmorpg, roflmao who would have thought?! Now that i think of it, its actually pretty funny and i wish they actually leave, less pathetic whiners that cant reroll to a pve server or simply cry about change that had to be done.

CRZ are here to stay

Quote Originally Posted by Vishiz View Post
    bitch about zones being dead for years, zones are now alive, time to quit, typical wow player.
    You assume that the same ones that moaned about dead zones are the same ones that complain about CRZ? There are more than 100 players around you know, so if you see 100 posts on a subject do not think that is everyone's thoughts.

But then again, people make bitchy comments in forums who are talking out of their nappies much of the time, takes all sorts :S

CRZ Doesn't bug me that much, but I can see the potential of it being an annoyance for some players. Specifically, I see it being an annoyance for those whose main activity is gathering professions. Right now, I see more people flying up and down the rivers in Uldum picking Whiptail than I did even 1-2 months into the game launch. It's a bit surprising, and while I don't really rely on herbs/ore anymore I can see it being a huge pain for those who like to stockpile or provide materials for their whole guild.

That stated, it's not a game-breaker for me and also it does not make gathering herbs/ore impossible... it just takes longer. But I will admit, I don't know what to say to those who have limited time each day to work on gathering, other than that they had better work on their Halfhill Farm ASAP to get those ore/herb seeds.

But ultimately: for those who aren't used to playing in a high population environment, it's time for you to learn and adapt. Zone populations will not diminish for a very long time.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2012-09-21 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.