Poll: Which one ?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Choose Winter because i generally like cold weather. Though cold weather in Brisbane is like 22 degree Celsius maximums and down to single figures. But it's just perfect.

Summer = 36 degrees Celsius and about 90% humidity and non-stop rain and flooding!

Deleted
    I like both winter and summer. I'm not sure what I enjoy most. I like skiing and I don't like bathing or sunbathing that much.
    So I would call it even. =)

Wow, almost 70% prefer winter? I'd never thought that. Most people here dislike winter, maybe because Norwegian winters suck, at least on the coast. So much rain, icy roads, storms and when it snows it lasts for like 2 days before it rains away. But if the snow lasts longer, then it's so wet and heavy so you can't go skiing and it freezes so if you fall while skiing/snowboarding it hurts like hell.

It's weird that some of you say you like winter cause it's colder and then it's like 20 degrees? :P What is winter then? Winter for me is snow and really cold weather, 20+ degrees is summer. But if I lived where summer was 35+ and winter 20+, then I think it'd prefer winter aswell.

I do enjoy winter here when it's good snow, but I think I prefer summers cause I get cold so easily and summer, sun and sea makes me happy. But summers here aren't that good either, they're usually a few weeks in July and that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In California we don't really get horrible weather but that doesn't mean that summer and winter aren't uncomfortable. I don't care for either of the extremes and prefer spring or autumn. If I had to choose, I'd go with winter because it's easier to warm up than cool off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrco View Post
    Wow, almost 70% prefer winter? I'd never thought that. Most people here dislike winter, maybe because Norwegian winters suck, at least on the coast. So much rain, icy roads, storms and when it snows it lasts for like 2 days before it rains away. But if the snow lasts longer, then it's so wet and heavy so you can't go skiing and it freezes so if you fall while skiing/snowboarding it hurts like hell.

It's weird that some of you say you like winter cause it's colder and then it's like 20 degrees? :P What is winter then? Winter for me is snow and really cold weather, 20+ degrees is summer. But if I lived where summer was 35+ and winter 20+, then I think it'd prefer winter aswell.

I do enjoy winter here when it's good snow, but I think I prefer summers cause I get cold so easily and summer, sun and sea makes me happy. But summers here aren't that good either, they're usually a few weeks in July and that's it.
    Same as canada really, we're at the same general latitude so I guess that makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Summer. Can't stand winter.. I find it unbearable if it's colder than 17-20 degrees (Celsius). Unfortunately, I live in Norway :P I get above 17 degrees Celsius 2-3 months a year, and half a year longer winters.
    -.-

Deleted
    Winter!

No nasty bugs, I get to wear normal clothes without standing out. Wearing skimpy dresses and skirts and showing too much skin makes me feel pretty uncomfortable and wearing my favorite outfit, jeans and a leather trench coat isn't really an option when theres 30C outside:P

Other than that, I like rainy weather on summer too. It's just the clear, sunny weather I can't stand

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of those 2? Summer. Overall I prefer spring though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to say winter. It's just.. cozier. And you don't have to put up with the blazing heat (during summer you can only undress so much, some days even naked would be too hot. During the winter you can just keep stacking clothing), and the bugs. Of course. The fucking bugs.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Deleted
    Winter! i always get mildly depressed when i know summer time is coming close, and when its there all i can long for is winter

10+ Year Old Account
    Summer ofc! The winter is so long and dark here in Finland, so it sux... I mean I like winter too, but it's just too long. And I LOVE warmth and light and the sea and everything green and... Everything about summer!

Winter because I like the bleak damp atmosphere it provides, sadly I live in California but nowhere near the shoreline so it's not as gloomy as I would hope.

And of course I am glad and the mesquites,nats and field bugs are dead.

Deleted
    Winter Summer

Ski holidays > Beach holidays
    Evenings in front of the TV < Evenings outside
    Going to the sauna < Going to the swimming pool
    Raclette < Barbecue
    Turtlenecks and scarves < Sundresses and Hotpants
    Turning on the heat < Crossbreeze
    Scratching Ice off the windshield < Riding my bike to work

Looks like I'm going to vote summer...

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Winter for skiing and the cozy darkness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Winter by far. No allergies, no weeds or dead grass to look at. Cold isn't a problem either; my dad told me once "there's legal, and a physical limit to how much you can take off, but there's no limit to how much you put on".

If it's not below 10, it's shorts weather still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

I like both in small amounts. Winter is beautiful, no bugs, you have a perfectly valid reason to stay inside and enjoy time with your family... But not seeing sun in three months gets really depressing after a while (I leave for Uni around 8 am and it's still dark, and when I leave at around 4pm it's already dark t.t). Summer again is quite neutral to me, I'm not sad to see it go but I'm not always looking forward to it either.

Deleted
    Mhm, weird to see winter is winning. Summer offers more activities you cannot do in winter, due to lack of daylight and temperature

Summer with a fair margin. More daylight, no need to dress up when going anywhere, you can swim in the sea, easier to do pretty much anything, sun is nice, I rather sweat than freeze.. the list goes on. Winter is nice too, but the transition from summer to winter is just... it's fucking unfair.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjoak View Post
    Mhm, weird to see winter is winning. Summer offers more activities you cannot do in winter, due to lack of daylight and temperature
    Summer is often too hot to want to do something active, i look like a dead dog in summer, or atleast behave like one

Quote Originally Posted by Sjoak View Post
    Winter (usually) has snow. Snow is far better than anything. Besides, Fall is better than both. You can do anything you can in Summer, and it isn't insanely hot.