Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Quse View Post

@jeremy
    Try a flat texture and see what happens ("Interface\\Buttons\\WHITE8x8").
    I've never liked Lifestep and I don't think it looks good in your last SS; that texture is awful, nothing to do with your setup.

Try nearly anything else if you don't want a flat texture, but I thinkg Lifestep looks outrageously bad,. I'd take your last texture instead of Lifestep hands down.
    I'm a people pleaser, so I have 3 different choices. Personally, I think DarkBottom is a bit too dark, wish it was more like an upsidedown Gradient. I like Gradient, but I would prefer the darkness on the bottom. And BantoBar is just interesting.

DarkBottom

BantoBar

Gradient

(I probably could have just did a full size image links since these are kinda small)

Imho gradient is an awesome texture, but if you want i have a couple of flat textures which i'm using for my UI. If you want, send me a PM and i'll give you them (they are basically different gradiations of grey - try and look the one that suits you better)
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Right had a play around after a few suggestions, perhaps some more work to do but this is where I'm at:

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-09-23 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I'm a people pleaser, so I have 3 different choices. Personally, I think DarkBottom is a bit too dark, wish it was more like an upsidedown Gradient. I like Gradient, but I would prefer the darkness on the bottom. And BantoBar is just interesting.

DarkBottom

BantoBar

Gradient

(I probably could have just did a full size image links since these are kinda small)
    Darkbottom and Gradient look nice. Have you ever thought about putting a monochrome outline on the fonts in your UI?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    Right had a play around after a few suggestions, perhaps some more work to do but this is where I'm at:

so... many... different... fonts... can't...contain... BOOM *head explodes*
    Before you do anything else; please change the fonts and textures so they're all the same!

Deleted
    But Bazooka looks shitty on skada!

Deleted
    out of combat:

in combat:
    Last edited by mmoc79cb7320c0; 2012-09-23 at 12:53 PM.

Deleted
    Pixil cmon, you comment on everyone else just not me. Do you have any ideas how to improve my UI @ post 6941?

[QUOTE=Pixil;18530362]Darkbottom and Gradient look nice. Have you ever thought about putting a monochrome outline on the fonts in your UI?

As far as im concerned Outline Monochrome fits just to pixelfonts , for normal fonts it looks blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Diphal View Post
    Pixil cmon, you comment on everyone else just not me. Do you have any ideas how to improve my UI @ post 6941?
    I would add outlines to all your font strings. Skin your buffs similar to your action bars. Add borders to minimap and damage meter, similar to your unit frames. Match the name plates texture with the rest of the UI, possibly also make them square. I'd either hide or show the scrolling battle text, your solution of a middle thing just looks weird to me since it's unnoticable, practically invisible even, but yet there to take up space.

Quote Originally Posted by Deemaxm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Darkbottom and Gradient look nice. Have you ever thought about putting a monochrome outline on the fonts in your UI?
    As far as im concerned Outline Monochrome fits just to pixelfonts , for normal fonts it looks blurry.
    Exactly. It's better a THINOUTLINE for standard fonts, the normal OUTLINE is way too big imho.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my beta UI, I'm going to set it up here so I can just transfer it to live servers on launch and not slow down my dungeon/leveling group.

Here's the links to all of them. http://imgur.com/J5syr,sxsTb,rs96p,q...,stm52,sX2qc#0

Here's one on the dummies to position weakauras, etc.

I still got to go through and hide the buffs on the actual bars above my player frame, doing that now for buffs/debuffs I have WAs for. Does everything look ok? Or should I move some of the auras closer to the bottom or out to the sides a bit more? And I'm going through and hiding the elvui buff bars that I don't need to see as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I would add outlines to all your font strings. Skin your buffs similar to your action bars. Add borders to minimap and damage meter, similar to your unit frames. Match the name plates texture with the rest of the UI, possibly also make them square. I'd either hide or show the scrolling battle text, your solution of a middle thing just looks weird to me since it's unnoticable, practically invisible even, but yet there to take up space.
    Thx for your tips however there is reason for some mentioned things. Ive not skinned buffs/actibars under player and target frame because I dont want any additional addon. Any changes I can add must be made using addons I already have. Thats my rule

Also I dont like borders. Only reason I have background textures behind auras and player frames is because its badly visible without any background.

Font with outline is kinda personal preference. Ive tried it with and without outline and this is result

At least I unified bar textures as you mentioned. I completely missed that on my name plates.

And MSBT yeah, you are right its barely visible but thats how its meant to be. Im not looking at combat text during raids but sometimes I need to know for example if Im hitting more targets with my CL or not and it is visible good enough to check that. Maybe I could increase visibility about like 10%
    Last edited by mmoc3a6f0665cb; 2012-09-23 at 04:49 PM.

Out of combat:
    http://i.imgur.com/OrWuR.jpg

Combat:
    http://i.imgur.com/k7anv.jpg

Modified version of ElvUI.

ElvUI
    DBM
    Tukui Skins
    CLCinfo

Quote Originally Posted by gunhound45 View Post
    Inspired by Kripparian?
    Haha, sure is.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz OC
    GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws (8GB)
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda (1TB)
    SSD: Crucial M4 (128GB)

Deleted
    Eon nice

Updated my UI for Mop. Link Here and in Sig.

(Ended up using Gradient Texture)

10+ Year Old Account

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-09-24 at 11:39 AM.

Deleted

Not bad, I just hate the damn color scheme.

Nice. Since you liked more the black part on bottom, have you tried to flip the image 180 degrees with any image browser? I think even windows can do it.

I did little bit of tweaking, playing around with Weak Auras.

out of combat:

in combat:
    Sorry Diphal! I often just come and browse this thread and leave a comment for 1 or 2 UIs.
    However, ask and you shall receive!
    http://screencast.com/t/x5Uq7SfzZMe

Yes! That's right boys and girls! The fancy arrow critiques are back!