Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Prot: How to watch Sacred Shield?

I'm having trouble finding a good way to watch my Sacred Shield buff on my tank. Currently using TellMeWhen but if a pally healer puts their own shield on me it starts watching the timer for theirs instead. Has anyone come up with a good way via addons to watch it and would like to share?

Deleted
    Macro it to Shield of the righteous. No need to watch anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post
    Macro it to Shield of the righteous. No need to watch anything.
    Sounds like a rather retarded thing to do, it's on the GCD and you use Shield a lot more than once every 30 seconds???

It's pretty easy to watch with WeakAuras. When you create and aura in the addon theres an optin for "Own Only" that will only track your own Sacred Shield. It's very quick to setup.

A few people have already posted their WA's for Paladins on the forums already. I also know Theck posted his auras over at the Sacred Duty blog. Might want to check those out if you want some help setting up WA.

10+ Year Old Account
    TellMeWhen has the option to only track your own auras. Check that, and the other paladins' won't show up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    Sounds like a rather retarded thing to do, it's on the GCD and you use Shield a lot more than once every 30 seconds???
    SOTR is not on the GCD, that's why it works. So what if you cast SS with sotr more than once every 30 sec ? It doesn't have any drawbacks that would be hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    SOTR is not on the GCD, that's why it works. So what if you cast SS with sotr more than once every 30 sec ? It doesn't have any drawbacks that would be hurt.
    It can slow down your Holy Power generation or otherwise interfere in ability usage. That's why it's not recommended. You can do it if you're lazy; it's just...not optimal.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any kind of buff tracking addon will track it for you (I use NeedToKnow). There are two auras called "Sacred Shield" (both the 30-second buff you cast directly and the 6-second buff it subsequently applies), so you'll have to track it by Spell ID. The ID for the 30-second buff is 20925.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    SotR isn't no, but SS is. Meaning you will waste a lot of GCD's to SS while it wasn't needed because SS was already up. Macroing this to SotR is really a stupid thing to do.

Deleted
    IDD! tbh we should all be spamming SS throughout the fight and cast nothing else, no drawbacks there either! amirite?

I'm at work right now, so I can't have a look and tell you exactly, but I'm pretty sure there's a setting when you right click the bar in NeedToKnow for it to only show your own personal casts. If that doesn't work, then Sacred Shield might behave in a way that NeedToKnow doesn't play well with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    SotR isn't no, but SS is. Meaning you will waste a lot of GCD's to SS while it wasn't needed because SS was already up. Macroing this to SotR is really a stupid thing to do.
    You'll also oom from it. Just get the addon "Beacon of light and sacred shield tracker", it gives you a neat re-sizable bar that tracks the uptime of SS. I'm just looking for a blood shield tracker-type addon (or perhaps power auras) to track how much it absorbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    You'll also oom from it.
    Sacred Shield doesn't cost mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Sacred Shield doesn't cost mana.
    Touché. I'm sure it did though :/ I've been ooming whilst soloing naxxramas and I was sure SS was to blame, guess not.

10+ Year Old Account
    what about Forte?

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Touché. I'm sure it did though :/ I've been ooming whilst soloing naxxramas and I was sure SS was to blame, guess not.
    It use to cost mana early on in Beta, but not anymore. I don't even see how you can go oom on a prot pally unless you spam BoK for 5 mins...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    what about Forte?
    Forte is what I use to track Sacred Shield. If you want to track it on you personally, just select it as a Buff. If you'd like to track it on someone else, select "By Me" as your option.

Just hit SS whenever you have nothing else to hit. There's at least 1 GCD every 30 seconds where you've got nothing else to hit.

Deleted
    Im also having troubles tracking my SS on my holy paladin with forte, instead of showing the 30sec buff forte only shows the 6sec buff is it possible to add spells by id or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    I track my short-timed buffs with ClassTimer, but that takes time to get used to.