Thread: NCAA football

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Holy shit, Rutgers is beating Arkansas. Just what happened to them this year?

Auburn's keeping close on LSU. Whether they win or not, I still think LSU is overrated. And sadly, they're the only decent challenge on Alabama's schedule.
    Yea JLS just sent us back about 15 years what a shame ehh how do you go from being a top 5 school last year to not beating your squash games.

I gotta admit im a big Notre Dame hater, being as theyre from the wrong part of indiana. However i watched all but the Navy game (which let's face it, youre pretty much obligated to crush any academy squad. Then they win unimpressively to Purdue (go boilers), put up a good show against MSU, and then win a snorefest against high powered michigan. Who's team was denard robinson on in that game anyway? It's clear that Notre Dame can Rise to their competition, but i feel like we've(er......media more appropriately) overrated their last 2 opponents, and given way too much credit to the irish.
    Last edited by Logonov; 2012-09-23 at 04:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    My Hawai'i is getting killed right now. Nevada nearly got a safety on us.

EDIT:

And it's 41-17 Nevada now.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't joining the ACC in football, only in their other sports. They will remain independent in football.

Oregon defense is destroying Arizona's offense. Prevented all 5 red zone trips Arizona has had so far.

I was worried about Boyett being out for the season. I'm not as worried now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    Aaarrgghhh LSU is going to send me to an early grave.
    Welcome to the life of a Michigan State football/basketball fan.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Wow Iowa is fucking terrible.

Only beat Northern Illinois by 1 point
    Lost to Iowa State
    Only beat Northern Iowa by 11
    Lost to Central Michigan

I will be surprised if Iowa doesn't fire Ferentz at the end of the year if they don't get a hold of themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Louisiana Tech - 52
    Illinois - 24

Sic 'em Dawgs!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler View Post
    They aren't joining the ACC in football, only in their other sports. They will remain independent in football.
    Semi Independent, they will have to play 5 ACC teams I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Semi Independent, they will have to play 5 ACC teams I believe.
    I thought it was 6? Either way, you're correct, they're going to be quasi-independent. They'll be able to play a conference-esque schedule while retaining their independence. Smart move on ND's part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    I thought it was 6? Either way, you're correct, they're going to be quasi-independent. They'll be able to play a conference-esque schedule while retaining their independence. Smart move on ND's part.
    Yeah, but their schedule is brutal. if they ever go undefeated, no doubt they deserve the number one title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Yea JLS just sent us back about 15 years what a shame...
    I suspected his hire would make for some rough moments but didn't imagine a complete meltdown of epic proportions.

Speaking of setbacks... ugh, it took that abomination of a football game in South Bend to finally drill through people's heads that Michigan doesn't belong in the top 25 (again). I figured Robinson would toss a couple of picks because that's par for the course, but yikes. Our offense is just horrible.

Even funnier is that the pollsters seem unaware of the fact that Notre Dame is almost as bad as we are. I couldn't believe ND was unable to capitalize on all those turnovers. October will be a fun month for the Irish -- sure, they can probably handle BYU, but other than that I see three guaranteed losses based on their play last night (Miami, Stanford, OU).

I can't decide at this point if Michigan finishes 7-5 or 6-6. It won't be pretty either way. I am so embarrassed by the state of the B1G in general.

---------- Post added 2012-09-23 at 08:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    Oregon defense is destroying Arizona's offense. Prevented all 5 red zone trips Arizona has had so far.
    Oregon looked great. Mariota really delivers considering his age, I'm quite impressed with that kid. I really like the University of Arizona academically and have nothing against them, however I did take great pleasure in seeing Rodriguez squirm and swear on the sideline. What I wouldn't give for an alternate timeline where he never set foot in Ann Arbor...

10+ Year Old Account
    Week 5 USA Today rankings (Coaches Poll)

1) Alabama
    2) Oregon
    3) LSU
    4) Florida State
    5) Georgia
    6) South Carolina
    7) West Virginia
    8) Kansas State
    9) Stanford
    10) Texas
    11) Notre Dame
    12) Florida
    13) USC
    14) TCU
    15) Oklahoma
    16) Clemson
    17) Louisville
    18) Michigan State
    19) Mississippi State
    20) Nebraska
    21) Oregon State
    22) Oklahoma State
    23) Wisconsin
    24) Baylor
    25) Virginia Tech

Others Receiving Votes:
    Rutgers 98, Northwestern 96, Boise St. 69, Michigan 57, Iowa St. 45, Cincinnati 42, UCLA 33, Texas A&M 31, Louisiana Tech 28, Arizona St. 22, Texas Tech 17, Arizona 16, Ohio 13, Minnesota 11, Tennessee 6, West. Kentucky 5, Purdue 4, LA Monroe 4, San Jose St. 2, Miami (FL) 2, Washington 2

The Harris poll should come out either later this week or next week, which I think we be interesting to compare with the polls we have now.

[Edit] And if anyone is wondering why I didn't include the AP poll, it's because the AP poll doesn't really mean anything. It's not part of the BCS formula; the Coaches Poll is. The AP poll is more a popularity contest than anything.
    Last edited by Finangus; 2012-09-24 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry everyone, there won't be four SEC teams in the top 6 for long.

SEC East > SEC West overall, whaaa?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Don't worry everyone, there won't be four SEC teams in the top 6 for long.
    Agreed, both Georgia and SC are gonna plummet fast, especially SC. SC has to play Kentucky, LSU, Florida, and Clemson on the road, whereas Georgia only has to play SC, Kentucky, and Auburn on the road. And Georgia also has easier home games.

On the flip-side, Florida could possibly break into the top 10 within the next few weeks, possibly even top 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    SEC East > SEC West overall, whaaa?
    Well, LSU is overrated, their offense is terrible. Arkansas was a bust, and the rest of the west is never good.
    Agreed, both Georgia and SC are gonna plummet fast, especially SC. SC has to play Kentucky, LSU, Florida, and Clemson on the road, whereas Georgia only has to play SC, Kentucky, and Auburn on the road. And Georgia also has easier home games.

On the flip-side, Florida could possibly break into the top 10 within the next few weeks, possibly even top 6.
    Florida won't last either. Their big three games are coming up after their bye this week. LSU, SC, and Georgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if anyone is wondering why I didn't include the AP poll, it's because the AP poll doesn't really mean anything. It's not part of the BCS formula; the Coaches Poll is. The AP poll is more a popularity contest than anything.
    The Coaches Poll may be part of the BCS formula but it's plagued by its own set of inherent problems. I think it's just as meaningless as the AP poll, and with any luck it'll be scrapped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    The Coaches Poll may be part of the BCS formula but it's plagued by its own set of inherent problems. I think it's just as meaningless as the AP poll, and with any luck it'll be scrapped.
    Oh, believe me, I agree that the Coaches Poll is almost as bad as the AP poll. It's just at the moment it's the only thing of substance we have to go on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know John L. Smith has had a rough couple of weeks, so I'm really not trying to pick on him here. It's just exceptionally bad timing for such a gaffe:

John L. Smith mistakes Arkansas for Alabama during luncheon speech