Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Do you feel GW2 has a better future?

To start off, I would like to say that I love gw2 so far but It feels like something is missing at level80... i've gotten 100% world exploration and full armor/weapon sets in 3 dungeons so far. I've played WvWvW a lot but I feel theres something missing from the pve aspect of the game. I'm not asking that i want raids but something needs to be added so we can use our awesome looking exotics to use instead of just running around lion archs showing off. My question is do you feel like arenanet will add in more things to do at level80 in the future?

Yes, yes I do think there's more coming, a lot more. But to be quite honest, I doubt it will ever be enough for the people like yourself who power through everything in 3 weeks. That's not meant to be offensive or w/e...but it's just not that kind of game.

Most assuredly they will be adding more content. In fact, Colin Johanson recently said when someone asked about buying content,

No need to buy them, Gw2 will feature consistent free content updates and in-game events going forward. Our goal is to make it so you get more from Gw2 for free than you get from a game you pay a subscription for.

On top of a large amount of free bonus content, we will be expanding on offerings in the Black Lion Trading Company going forward, as well as be doing large-scale expansion content down the road.

We’ll cover a lot of the details on the kind of support and plans we have in place over the next month or so on the Gw2 blog and with our press partners.

We do appreciate that you’d like to buy lots of new content, but we’d prefer to give a lot of it to you for free, cause that’s what we think a responsible MMO company does!
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Yes, yes I do think there's more coming, a lot more. But to be quite honest, I doubt it will ever be enough for the people like yourself who power through everything in 3 weeks. That's not meant to be offensive or w/e...but it's just not that kind of game.
    I wouldn't say i powered through anything lol... i play around 3-5 hours a day =/

I'm dubious at that claim, but w/e.

Well it is 120 hours and he probably plays more on weekends so its closer to 150.
    Amounting to 70+ hours of endgame, easily 100% Exploration (hardest part being the buggy things) and 3 Dungeon sets.
    Dunno about ALOT of WvWvW though

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm. Don't know ANs track record with free content updates, but it would be weird if they didn't give any. That would mean the next addon had to be here in 6 months?

I do feel that this game has a future. With free updates and expansions, the game will attract more players. Time will tell, but so far im loving it

TradewindNQ is pretty accurate here, honestly. All the Guild Wars games are like this. They are meant to be played causally. Not a single one of the 4+1 games made by Anet can withstand intense play as one would expect in other MMOs.

Guild Wars is not and will never be that type of franchise.

I feel it'll just find its own niche much like GW1.

The extra stuff to do at lvl 80 probably won't come until the first expansion.

I think in playing it safe and not going too far off the beaten path, GW2 will cement itself a decent legacy.

Hell was playing WoW for the first time in a few months and tried double-tapping to dodge. Needless to say I didn't get killed as it was a lvl 80 dungeon to help out my girlfriend but damn I had that brief panic thinking "well...life's been good to me so far".

Also nerf fire elemental event in Metrica Province. Walk in, die, 12 copper, run back, die, 12 copper, run back, die, 12 copper etc etc etc until you're down 2 silver and then YAY chest.

Deleted
    Yes, I think there's more coming, probably some mini-patches as well as expansions. Think they said they plan to bring an expansion per year or something? So if they get us 1 patch every 6 months they'll still have more content then... other games *cough* bring.

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post

Hell was playing WoW for the first time in a few months and tried double-tapping to dodge.
    Hah. I'm glad I'm not the only one who instinctively tried to do this when playing another game.

Yep, 3 sets of 3 different explorable dungeons. Riiiiight.

But hey, who cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell was playing WoW for the first time in a few months and tried double-tapping to dodge.
    Warmaster Blackhorn HC... He cast his shockwave, I double tap.. WTF why isn't she moving?! -> Stun.

Ahem.. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    TradewindNQ is pretty accurate here, honestly. All the Guild Wars games are like this. They are meant to be played causally. Not a single one of the 4+1 games made by Anet can withstand intense play as one would expect in other MMOs.

Guild Wars is not and will never be that type of franchise.
    To be fair though I dont really feel any of the other MMO's stand up all that well to intense play on the level it seems the OP exibits. They all tend to rapidly devolve into repeatedly grinding the same content over and over if you play them intensely. The main difference is it can often feel mandatory to do that grinding so it holds your attention longer than the non mandatory fluff reward style the GW franchise is known for.

Who is John Galt?

Guidl Wars 2 will age very well for me as other interesting games come out that I will also want to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffux View Post
    I wouldn't say i powered through anything lol... i play around 3-5 hours a day =/
    So do I, and I'm still not 80. I guess if I'd played only one toon...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    To be fair though I dont really feel any of the other MMO's stand up all that well to intense play on the level it seems the OP exibits. They all tend to rapidly devolve into repeatedly grinding the same content over and over if you play them intensely. The main difference is it can often feel mandatory to do that grinding so it holds your attention longer than the non mandatory fluff reward style the GW franchise is known for.
    That's true to some degree, I guess. Except for the super-grindy MMOs like EQ, FF11 or RA. Then again, I am not sure if those antiqued games still count as such nowadays. They took a lot of the "long play" aspects out of those games too.

I think the future of this game will be highly influenced by WOW.