Listen to them on ESPN right now.. Not a single one of these people can speak. These are professional sportscasters and are for the most part unbiased. ESPNs NFL caster team have always been VERY good and saying things based on rules and seeing plays from both sides of the ball along with backing ref calls.

The NFL is a big part of the ESPN payday and they are just bashing the NFL right now.

Tomorrow's headline news:

Seahawks beat Packers on last second interception thrown by Russell Wilson...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selynia View Post
    Please read the above posters. Once it is ruled ON THE INITIAL PLAY a simultaneous catch. That part of it is non-reviewable. Such as with the OPI on the push-off.
    While all scoring plays are reviewed, what exactly is reviewed on them is limited short of "is he in the inzone with some sort of the ball"?
    Yeah, undoubtedly the most controversial part is the conflicting calls on the field, which IS the fault of the replacement refs.

Figures, Mike Pereira wasn't around for this game. He would be going nuts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please read the above posters. Once it is ruled ON THE INITIAL PLAY a simultaneous catch. That part of it is non-reviewable. Such as with the OPI on the push-off.
    While all scoring plays are reviewed, what exactly is reviewed on them is limited short of "is he in the inzone with some sort of the ball"?
    I'm not disputing that the rule on the initial play isn't subject to review. I'm saying it was the mother of all bad calls, given your verbatim quotation of the rule from the rulebook, and that Green Bay got jobbed. And I'm not even a Packers fan!!
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2012-09-25 at 04:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

this might be the call that gets the lingerie football refs out of the NFL and Biceps Hoculi back in

10+ Year Old Account
    As I mentioned, pass interference is reviewable now. But it's probably because of what Fengore says here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    If a play is going into review, the entire play should be up for review, not specific elements. Otherwise what is the point of utilising the technology. It's there to eradicate errors and bring clarity to an uncertain situation. The rules need a good looking at, refs brought back (I hope) or not.
    I've seen refs review two aspects of a play, if the issues are happening close to each other. I think. Either way, it's a product of replacement refs not knowing what they can and can't do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayko View Post
    Listen to them on ESPN right now.. Not a single one of these people can speak. These are professional sportscasters and are for the most part unbiased. ESPNs NFL caster team have always been VERY good and saying things based on rules and seeing plays from both sides of the ball along with backing ref calls.

The NFL is a big part of the ESPN payday and they are just bashing the NFL right now.
    I don't get the coverage here, but I read on Twitter that Gruden is absolutely raging.

Between Gruden going into Chucky mode, and Vince Mcmahon and the XFL trending world wide, I'm starting to question how much integrity is left in this season for Goodell to piss away.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    As I mentioned, pass interference is reviewable now. But it's probably because of what Fengore says here:

I've seen refs review two aspects of a play, if the issues are happening close to each other. I think. Either way, it's a product of replacement refs not knowing what they can and can't do.
    you can't review PI unless PI is called though. you can't review a non-call.

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 11:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    I don't get the coverage here, but I read on Twitter that Gruden is absolutely raging.

Between Gruden going into Chucky mode, and Vince Mcmahon and the XFL trending world wide, I'm starting to question how much integrity is left in this season for Goodell to piss away.
    there was a CBA to "protect" the real refs from being berated, the guys out there tonight aren't covered by any such agreement. feel bad for them, it would be VERY hard to do what they're being asked to do and they're not good enough to be big college football refs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you can't review PI unless PI is called though. you can't review a non-call.
    Huh, yeah. Blah.

There's gonna be a lot of Packers paying some money after today.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    this might be the call that gets the lingerie football refs out of the NFL and Biceps Hoculi back in
    Or it's the one that the Refs all the sudden go "Goodell, you know that offer we had? How about you add a 0 or two on the end of that?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Goodell can't continue to say with a straight face that he's acting in the best interests of the league, not when the scab circus continues to sink to new depths of ineptitude each weekend. Here I thought the extra 12 yards spotted to the Titans yesterday because the ball was placed on the wrong 44-yard line was bad enough...
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    Goodell can't continue to say with a straight face that he's acting in the best interests of the league, not when the scab circus continues to sink to new depths of ineptitude each weekend. Here I thought the extra 12 yards spotted to the Titans yesterday because the ball was placed on the wrong 44-yard line was bad enough...
    Haha, I missed that one. Kind of like the defensive holding call that got 10 yards instead of five.

ESPN's Top Ten should just be Top Ten ref fuckups.

i think its safe to say, if you want to win in this league for the time being, you cannot let this game come down to the refs.

At the same time, im sure seattle fans are happy to take the win, but its sort of a "kissing your sister" kind of feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think everybody agrees there is now insane pressure on the NFL to give the refs what they want, but what they want is ridiculous. They have the NFL by the balls, and I won't be surprised if they don't give in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, there were conflicting initial rulings. One ref ruled it an interception/touchback and the other ruled it a touchdown. If there's two refs in the endzone giving conflicting calls, the entire play should have been reviewed to determine if there indeed was simultaneous possession established.
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    At the same time, im sure seattle fans are happy to take the win, but its sort of a "kissing your sister" kind of feeling.
    I think thats the best way to put it.

I never seen anything like this since the super bowl. This definitely goes beyond that game aside from the label of super bowl.

Oh jesus....... on GB's 2 point conversion the ref gave them a kicking ball rather than a normal one...

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha, I missed that one. Kind of like the defensive holding call that got 10 yards instead of five.

The "unsportsmanlike conduct" call on Harbaugh last night because he was trying to get the ref's attention to call a time-out almost made me blow a gasket last night. Goodell can't continue with this "Let them eat cake" attitude any longer. His credibility and that of the league are on the line in the worst way.
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Tate denied pushing off Shields. Guess he hasn't seen the review.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't know what criteria they can use to narrow it down to just ten

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    The "unsportsmanlike conduct" call on Harbaugh last night because he was trying to get the ref's attention to call a time-out almost made me blow a gasket last night. Goodell can't continue with this "Let them eat cake" attitude any longer. The league's and his own credibility are on the line in the worst way.
    Oh yeah, and even worse there, they usually give a sideline warning first. I don't care if they're trying to get these refs control of the game, that's a bad call in two different ways.