Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

MoP 5man heroic.

Is the new 5man heroics a challenge, and if so can you line it with something i know from past exp.

10+ Year Old Account
    The heroics are supposed to be easier then the heroics were in Cata, the real challenge is supposed to come from the challenge mode.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Deleted
    I know they are supposed to be easy but people in mainly greens are killing some of the bosses in about a minute so they could use a HP buff at least..

10+ Year Old Account
    Have people already reached the point of doing Heroics? I am not even level 86 yet... I know the Heroics are designed to be easier than Cata's were at launch, but not super easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noahsmith37 View Post
    Have people already reached the point of doing Heroics? I am not even level 86 yet... I know the Heroics are designed to be easier than Cata's were at launch, but not super easy.
    People are mowing through heroics on my server...no challenge at all in questing greens.

Pretty sad.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Noahsmith37 View Post
    but cata heroics were really easy at launch

According to players who tried them in the beta, they are the easiest they have ever been, even easier then WOLTK, just so all players can get through them without having to focus much. The reason for this is that challenge modes have been introduced which are the new heroics but only offer cosmetic rewards so you don't have to do them as it does not benefit your char.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    According to players who tried them in the beta, they are the easiest they have ever been, even easier then WOLTK, just so all players can get through them without having to focus much. The reason for this is that challenge modes have been introduced which are the new heroics but only offer cosmetic rewards so you don't have to do them as it does not benefit your char.
    ^This and the best thing is = you cant even QQ about it... you say something like "Hey these heroics are way too easy" and blizzard just says "lol go challenge they are superz hard huehuheuheuheuheuheu"

There's nothing more amusing then watching people argue over the definition of "easy" in order to assert their own ability.

Couldn't find a single streamer who said it's any kind of challange at all. Atleast cata heroics seemed to require some kind of skill and gear. But now you don't even see any difference between heroic or normal mode. Bosses are down in 45seconds etc. Well yeah, Blizz implemented the challange mode for a reason I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    Couldn't find a single streamer who said it's any kind of challange at all. Atleast cata heroics seemed to require some kind of skill and gear. But now you don't even see any difference between heroic or normal mode. Bosses are down in 45seconds etc. Well yeah, Blizz implemented the challange mode for a reason I guess.

Breaking bad has been epic this season, can't wait for the last 8...

Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    I would guess that anyone who goes to the trouble of streaming a heroic is likely more skilled than your average player. They are also likely in a preformed group, not an LFD group. Blizzard wanted these dungeons for be relatively stress free for LFD groups, so anyone with half a brain and more than an ounce of skill will probably tear through them.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    No...No they were not.....please stop
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    If you had a paladin healer they were easier but Cata heroics were brutal. I liked them but when I tried to pug on my hunter alt it was painful. I'd find a good group and say let's requeue, requeue!

1) Anyone doing heroics in less then 24 hours from launch is not your normal player. Some of us haven't even had the luxury of being able to log on yet due to Work/School/ect

2) Blizzard learned their lesson from cata launch, this should not not be a surprise for anyone there is close to 15 damn pages on MMO-Champ discussing this ad nauseum.

3) Its disheartening to hear so much complaining on the forums after close to a year of no new content. People are already looking to tear down what Blizzard spent months to build, can't you just give em a break and just be happy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    1) Anyone doing heroics in less then 24 hours from launch is not your normal player. Some of us haven't even had the luxury of being able to log on yet due to Work/School/ect

2) Blizzard learned their lesson from cata launch, this should not not be a surprise for anyone there is close to 15 damn pages on MMO-Champ discussing this ad nauseum.

3) Its disheartening to hear so much complaining on the forums after close to a year of no new content. People are already looking to tear down what Blizzard spent months to build, can't you just give em a break and just be happy?
    This guy right here is absolutely right.
    /salute

Logics. Jimlow has them.

10+ Year Old Account

For real.

If you know what you're doing the dungeons are simple, like HoTs, but if you don't (inexperienced @ your class, unskilled @ the game, don't understand fight mechanix or are bad @ learning them) then it's easy to mess things up. It's not literally "show up for free loot" (yet). It's just not soul-breakingly punishing if 1 or 2 people are sort of on the sauce as long as a few people have a clue.

On Beta I've seen groups simply shut down and fall apart over ludicrously simple bosses — these dungeons will be challenging for weaker-skilled players until they have enough gear to ignore mechanix. Remotely experienced players who are familiar with all this stuff and have seen it a million times before will definitely speed right through, but, they're not the target audience either.

Again, they're like HoTs: either you understand how to put tab A into slot B, and you win, or you don't and... let's hope your healer is good.

Heroics are far from the Cataclysm level of difficulty. We had to run to the instance portals cause we didn't have high enough item level to do them, and we were plowing through them, without any challenge, after 30+ hours without sleep.

In terms of difficulty they are comparable to Cataclysm normal level 85 dungeons, maybe a slight step up. I guess if you want to compare them to the past use of the term "heroic", heroic modes are normals, and challenging modes are the new heroics.

I'm not complaining, I'm mainly focusing on the fact that challenging modes are going to be fun. For now, heroics will just be a boring drag to get geared for challenging modes.

Oh one thing I'd like to complain about - why do the heroic quests reward ilvl 440, when the dungeon drops 463? That seems odd! Remember that these quests aren't like the Cataclysm quests where there were no heroic quests, they were normal mode quests. Most MoP heroics don't even have a normal mode!
    Last edited by Nigeldruid; 2012-09-25 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    For real.

If you know what you're doing the dungeons are simple, like HoTs, but if you don't (inexperienced @ your class, unskilled @ the game, don't understand fight mechanix or are bad @ learning them) then it's easy to mess things up. It's not literally "show up for free loot" (yet). It's just not soul-breakingly punishing if 1 or 2 people are sort of on the sauce as long as a few people have a clue.
    Yeah, pretty much that. After the first month of Cata, I simply stopped doing random dungeons at all until HoT came out. Every dungeon had at LEAST one or two bosses that would smear a group if you had someone that didn't know what they were doing, and didn't listen. Blackrock Caverns and Stonecore were my particular unfavorites because pretty much every boss could wipe your group easily, and even coordinated groups could have bad days with those for the first month or so. Difficult dungeons are nice, but if they're part of the grind to get your gear, and to run alts through they get old very fast.

It sounds like MoP heroics might be a little too easy, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there, and better a little too easy with some increased difficulty tweaks than brutal to pugs.