Server full, can't play with friends, what do I do?

So my friends have been playing GW2 for a few weeks now. I just bought the game last night (after finding out it has been released on Mac) and after a long download it finally started up for me. I went to pick the server that my friends are on, which was labeled with a high population, and then my client crashed. When I came back in, the same server that I tried to enter before was now listed as full. So now I'm unable to play with my friends since you're apparently stuck to one server when you start up GW2. What can I do?!

Deleted
    Transfer to your friends server outside of the peak hours of gaming. Like ... early morning, late at night etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tintenkiller View Post
    Transfer to your friends server outside of the peak hours of gaming. Like ... early morning, late at night etc.
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean. I'm totally new to this game.

The "status" of the server is dependent on how many people are playing on it at any given time, not amount of players that set their account "home" there.

So when you log into the game during the time when most people are asleep, your desired server is unlikely to be on full status and you will be able to transfer.

Server transfers are currently free with a 24 hour restriction.
    This will change in the future but we do not have a date yet.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    The "status" of the server is dependent on how many people are playing on it at any given time, not amount of players that set their account "home" there.

So when you log into the game during the time when most people are asleep, your desired server is unlikely to be on full status and you will be able to transfer.
    Ohhhhh okay, gotcha. Well that's great news! Thanks!