How would I go about linking Keg Smash and Jab in a macro? I would really like to do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.... is it WAI that when your current target dies you lose your stacks of Power Guard?

noticed it today in a random dungeon, makes TP on trash/adds in boss fights pretty much useless.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepness View Post
    How would I go about linking Keg Smash and Jab in a macro? I would really like to do this.
    /castsequence reset=8 Keg Smash, Jab, Jab, Jab

I tend to macro in something to every ability with a CD (Guard displays Tiger Palm while on CD).

I'm not sure if it was server lag, Elvui, or they changed how /castsequence works but I was noticing my macro's weren't reseting to the primary power last night. Keg Smash wasn't popping back up for more than a couple seconds after the 8 second reset....
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepness View Post
    wouldn't do that ... just think about CC situations where you have to tab-jab to produce chi.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    /castsequence reset=8 Keg Smash, Jab, Jab, Jab

I tend to macro in something to every ability with a CD (Guard displays Tiger Palm while on CD).

I'm not sure if it was server lag, Elvui, or they changed how /castsequence works but I was noticing my macro's weren't reseting to the primary power last night. Keg Smash wasn't popping back up for more than a couple seconds after the 8 second reset....
    /castsequence reset=x resets x seconds after the LAST time you push the button, not the first time. So it won't reset 8 seconds after kegsmash, it'll reset 8 seconds after the last time you hit jab, assuming you only hit jab between 1-3 times.

Anybody come up with a Macro for your Black Ox Statue taunt yet?

i was thinking of remaking my old DK Deathcoil heal Macro into one but i am not so sure it'd work with the statue or not.

Edit:

Actually i think ive figured it out... but it may need fine tuning, seems to work on packs of neutral mobs, pulling all of them with taunt instead of 1.

/tar Black Ox Statue
    /cast Provoke
    /targetenemy

the target enemy part just targets a random close by enemy though.
    Last edited by r3d3mpt10n; 2012-09-27 at 10:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    Anybody come up with a Macro for your Black Ox Statue taunt yet?

i was thinking of remaking my old DK Deathcoil heal Macro into one but i am not so sure it'd work with the statue or not.

Edit:

Actually i think ive figured it out... but it may need fine tuning, seems to work on packs of neutral mobs, pulling all of them with taunt instead of 1.

/tar Black Ox Statue
    /cast Provoke
    /targetenemy

the target enemy part just targets a random close by enemy though.
    /targetlasttarget as the last line instead and you're set.

Leveling up a Monk Brewmaster and I'm noticing (I think I'm 45 now) that when I pull a pack of trash I'm either getting CRUNCHED or they run rampant.

My pull is DH -> Clash -> KS now if I Guard I survive but the mobs they start wandering away from me as the LFD groups start opening up...if I BoF they stick to me but beat me senseless.

I know I want to TP to get a good guard or BK to get better parry...but don't have the time on a trash pull.

I figure i'll be able to do DH -> Clash -> KS -> Guard -> SCK -> SCK -> DH -> BoF once I get SCK but I'm starting to get gun shy about the tank role while leveling up.

Any thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been doing the Cata normal dungeons (BRD, ToT, Stonecore) and it's been easy, pretty happy with swapping from my DK so far but we'll see at 90.

If your 45 you can pick up Power Strikes which should give you 2 Chi on your first Jab of the pull so you can do DH > Guard > Jab > BoK and then you can go into working in TP and just maintaining Shuffle and using Expel Harm for heal+chi.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I've been doing the Cata normal dungeons (BRD, ToT, Stonecore) and it's been easy, pretty happy with swapping from my DK so far but we'll see at 90.

If your 45 you can pick up Power Strikes which should give you 2 Chi on your first Jab of the pull so you can do DH > Guard > Jab > BoK and then you can go into working in TP and just maintaining Shuffle and using Expel Harm for heal+chi.

Basically this.. but add your KS after the DH pull for the 2 Chi to use Guard, SurrealNight missed that out, both DH and KS are good threat, so i find it rather odd that you are managing to lose aggro after both of these abilities though as, until you get your SCK thats the only real threat you have on AoE pulls.

And for myself, levelling from 1-80 so far, ive not had any issues holding aggro on mobs, except for when a DK i grouped with used Blood Presence.. But i've been doing things like DH > KS > Jab(with Power Strikes) > Guard > BoK
    Last edited by r3d3mpt10n; 2012-09-27 at 07:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And for myself, levelling from 1-80 so far, ive not had any issues holding aggro on mobs, except for when a DK i grouped with used Blood Presence.. But i've been doing things like DH > KS > Jab(with Power Strikes) > Guard > BoK
    Was just thinking, Guard isn't on the GCD so I suppose you could just macro it in with KS/Jab or anything really if your intent is to use it on CD? Might try tagging it on to like every ability and see if it messes with my flow or not tonight lol.

Yeah I pull with DH but at least 80+ hitting everything with KS pretty much does the trick, of course I also have SCK/Leg Sweep for AOE pulls too which is nice since it generates Chi at least. Looking forward to adding Rushing Jade Wind at 90.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2012-09-27 at 07:52 PM.
    [/URL]

You sure Guard isn't on the GCD?

I could have sworn it triggered when I was using it.

And also, there is a destinct possiblity i was at the low end of the range and they were at the high end of the dungeon range (think it was one of the Dire Mauls and the first Stratholme).

The Stratholme one I was able to get through (only got tough at the door to the Scarlet Fort...those adds were running nuts)...the Dire Maul one the orges beat the stuffing out of my teddy bear...though it may have been a bad healer. I dropped after the second trash wipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    You sure Guard isn't on the GCD?
    Positive, if you do
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Guard
    /cast Tiger Palm
    It will display Guard and it's CD time like normal but you will still cast Tiger Palm each time the button is hit. Was just thinking I'd be lazy and slap it in with like every frequently used ability and just change the first line to #showtooltip <Spell name> since I'd know it was basically being used on CD.

You wouldn't want to put it in with BoK/PB though as it may bogart the Chi you intended for it.

This is also assuming you are good at never letting Tiger Power drop or go < 3 stacks. You wont have it for the first Guard of the pull but should maintain it for every use after that.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2012-09-27 at 08:50 PM.
    [/URL]

Thats a nice idea, i might steal it.. haha... atleast since im now getting closer to MoP zones anyway...

I'd maybe only Macro it to TP, Jab and KS perhaps too... but i doubt id bother with anything else..

Would also certainly save a keybind too!

Am I the only one that finds BM threat and mitigation to be woeful?

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    At least for me, I've been doing just fine. Threat's been cake and mitigation has been solid. I assume you're talking about endgame. What are you doing when opening up combat / focusing on while in combat?

Basically this.. but add your KS after the DH pull for the 2 Chi to use Guard, SurrealNight missed that out, both DH and KS are good threat, so i find it rather odd that you are managing to lose aggro after both of these abilities though as, until you get your SCK thats the only real threat you have on AoE pulls.
    Don't you forget about BoF? Not only (DH-)KS-BoF-Jab-(Jab-)BK gives you pretty large chunk of threat AND dot on all enemies, but also glyphed BoF disorients thrash mobs for 3 seconds, which gives you just enough time to start Shuffling/Guarding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    At least for me, I've been doing just fine. Threat's been cake and mitigation has been solid. I assume you're talking about endgame. What are you doing when opening up combat / focusing on while in combat?
    Yeah, I'm interested in hearing this as well. Threat is definitely the least of my issues as a BrM. Then again I'm only level 35.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    I find it to be fine, threat is of no problem for me, 1 Keg Smash pretty much picks up all the mobs you'd ever want. You have an 8 sec CD AOE taunt, Drunken Haze that generates quite a bit of threat, and SCK which easily grabs up all the mobs you'd ever want. I'm hovering between 30-45k DPS on single target (bosses for the most part) and depending on the pull, I've been up to 300k AOE DPS in Scholo and Jade Serpent Temple HC.

Mitigation... well, for the most part there is no problem, I haven't really got a comparison from my healers, but what it looks like is that I spike and drop about the same as our DK tank (458 ilvl, just as me) some packs I take almost no damage at all, even while focusing only on DPS (BoF, SCK and KS on CD), while on other packs I can drop like a sack of flour with all my Chi focused on tanking (healer needing to spamheal me), this usually only happens when pulling 2-3 packs though, last pack with the cats in Mogu'shan is pretty hardcore though.

I run with 4800-something expertise, 2400 hit (hit and expertise hard cap for heroics), about 12% haste, really low mastery (4.4% or so) and 21% crit, no dodge and no parry rating.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...edryn/advanced is my monk.

Edit: 334k hp right now as windwalker, but I have around 385k as brewmaster.
    Last edited by mmoc14827eacb9; 2012-09-28 at 09:25 AM.