Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Zen flight Glyph

So i just put that glyph in and i love it.It works just like druid flight form.Instant +can pick up quests and herbs while flying.Thanks blizz no need to log my druid ever again :v.

Isn't it 60% no matter your flight level? I've been looking since yesterday for the glyph and none luck.

Even if it is only 60% it's faster for questing and just go crazy with pick up quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Even if it is only 60% it's faster for questing and just go crazy with pick up quests.
    1½ second cast time on a 310%+ mount > 60% instant.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'll stick with my druid.

Deleted
    Awesome, now I can get away from horde campers at the dark portal exist portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    Not for pick-up quests.

The most important thing isn't even the instant cast, but the fact that you can pick-up things in flight form - this allows you to swoop down, pick-up a thing, lift up to lose any aggro you might have, repeat. MUCH faster than having to kill those mobs.

Second, if things are close enough, you can get there with the instant 60% before you would even have finished the cast time on your mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    I seriously doubt its 60%. I saw vids of the beta with dudes flying at high speed on it.

If anything I think it copies the fast mount speed you have. So probably instant 310%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    I seriously doubt its 60%. I saw vids of the beta with dudes flying at high speed on it.

If anything I think it copies the fast mount speed you have. So probably instant 310%.
    It doesnt, it was 1 of the first glyphs i got, tihinking it was awesome flying on a cloud 310%, but nope its slow as fuck.

The 60% thing is a bit of a letdown. Was looking forward to this glyph.

If it's only 60%.... can you fly pre 60 on it then?

No you need a flight license, as per the tooltip. Also while it does work like druid flight form for picking up quest items, etc, it also breaks if you take damage-- so if a mob gets aggro on you, it will almost certainly hit you at least once.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to have the correct flying riding skill learned. i.e. while you can get the zen flight glyph pre 90, you wouldn't be able to fly in pandaria pre 90.
    Check out my blog about my monk at www.zenpilgrimage.com. Mistfit of OVERCLOCKED, [US] Proudmoore

Maybe they'll fix. I can think of any super game-killing reason to make it that slow.
    If you love someone, you will focus your life on their happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by commanderbeatdown View Post
    Maybe they'll fix. I can think of any super game-killing reason to make it that slow.
    It's not broken, so there's no reason to fix it.

Also, you can mount while riding on the cloud while in the air, so there's no need to change it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    If it's only 60%.... can you fly pre 60 on it then?
    no you would need the license to fly which requires a higher level

10+ Year Old Account
    What I do like is,while in zen flight i can grab a node, swap to my mount mid air, swap to zen again for node grab.
    Especially with mobs all around.

Mount swap and fishing allowed. Talking with npc's is a dismount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post

I have it and it's definitely faster than 60%. I think it's around 100%
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

It's actually insanely useful. I've skipped killing so many mobs because of this sucker. You can just hover above the ground and pickup items, yes. But it can do more.
    For example, the quest (alliance) in Howling Fjord where you use a torch item to destroy those plague carriages that're sprading the plague in that vykrul town? Yeah, just used Zen Flight and used the torch from the air. No need to kill a single thing. And once you're done you can mount from zen flight, no need to land at a safe spot to mount up.

It's made some quests a good bit more enjoyable for me, but I suppose your mileage may vary. Keep in mind that you don't even have access to 280 until 70 and 310 until 80 so for example for Outlands the discrepency isn't so bad if used for questing.