Deleted

Monk Macro thread!

So do you have any useful monk macros right now?
    Let's say 1-60 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I made about 7 /castsequence macro's to save bar space, will post later tonight once I'm sure I am happy with them.

If you know how to make them and just want to see what powers I combined I can come up with that list pretty easy.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    Seems even the cooldowns cost chi, so making macros is going to be very tricky if you don't wanna go full-retard and waste chi all over the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post
    Seems even the cooldowns cost chi, so making macros is going to be very tricky if you don't wanna go full-retard and waste chi all over the place.
    Have you even played a Monk? =P The idea is to display spammable powers while short CD powers are recharging. You set the reset value to = the first powers CD. Example:

/castsequence reset=8 Keg Smash, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab

I don't know if it was server lag or Elvui or what but the icons weren't refreshing when they should sometimes so not going to post a while list of macros. Below is a list of all the items I currently have tied together though.

1-Keg Smash+Jab
    2-Guard+Tiger Palm
    4-Expel Harm+Chi Wave Talent
    S2-Elusive Brew+Summon Ox
    S3-Leg Sweep Talent+Spinning Crane Kick
    A1-Provoke+Grapple Weapon
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really please don't use cast sequence macros, they are such bad habit, like not balancing your checkbook, or eating right before bed, or sitting too close to the television screen.

I personally Use a lot of mod macros, since i am comfortable with them,

For Example:
    /#showtooltip
    /targetenemy [dead][noharm][noexists]
    /cast [mod] Spinning Crane Kick; Jab

or
    #showtooltip
    /targetenemy [dead][noharm][noexists]
    /cast [mod] Chi Wave; Blackout Kick

as a mist weaver i also use Vuhdo for all of my targeted heals so they aren't even on my action bar. I do have the following macro for casting instant non-targeted surging mists (glyph of Surging Mists+Vital Mistsx5)
    #showtooltip
    /cleartarget [help]
    /cast Surging Mist

But Renewing..., Soothing..., Enveloping..., targeted Surging mists, and Life Cacoon are all on my vuhdo binds
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-09-26 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just attaching /startattack to abilities and, once I get dual spec, I'll be making mouseover heal macros. Call me old fashioned, but I don't like cast sequence macros because I like having more than one or two buttons to press. This excludes cast sequence macros to pop cooldowns, however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Really please don't use cast sequence macros, they are such bad habit, like not balancing your checkbook, ....
    What is so bad about Keg Smash / Jab macro????
    Equal energy, both chi generators. But KS is better, just got a 8 sec CD. You should prio this over jab!!!

One thing you should never do is let a macro randomly target. DPS can use a main assist focus, in their macro.

I broke my right hand one week before MoP so I'm playing with 3 macros only (bound to my mouse). I can say, doesn't work well. So with priority spells instead of rotation, don't trust on macros.

But many macros with castsequence can help you with key bindings and up time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lixor View Post
    What is so bad about Keg Smash / Jab macro????
    Equal energy, both chi generators. But KS is better, just got a 8 sec CD. You should prio this over jab!!!
    1) because reset=# will start counting from scratch every time the button is pushed, castsequence macros will always become off-sync with spell cooldowns.

if you use /castsequence reset=8 Keg Smash, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab and if you have a few seconds between any of those jabs; keg smash won't be made available to you for several seconds even though it's already off cooldown, whereas if for example you used /cast [mod] Keg Smash; Jab you would not have that problem.

Although really you cannot say that Jab replaces Keg Smash when KS is on cooldown, rather Jab and Spinning Crane Kick replace each other as fillers between single target and AoE, so i keep Keg Smash on its own key bind and have /cast [mod] Spinning Crane Kick; Jab on another keybind, Jab is the Single Target filler and SCK is the AOE filler, but in both ST and AoE you need to have access to Keg Smash on cooldown, without a some mindless castsequence macro interfering with it.

Castsequence macros are a crutch and ultimately make you a mediocre tank

The only place i use castsequences are for non CD-abilities for no more than 3 steps, and even then they are still mod-coded
    /castsequence [mod] reset=target,6 Curse of the Elements, Immolate; Immolate

One thing you should never do is let a macro randomly target. DPS can use a main assist focus, in their macro.
    yes, using assist is best for your dps macros, although I included a /targetenemy line which is perfectly appropriate for soloing and tanking as the conditional [noharm][noexists][dead] only target randomly when there is no enemy target or your target is a friend, or your target is dead, simply eliminate the need to press tab in those situations, you will only need to press tab to purposefully switch targets.

/assist [@focus,help,alive]
    /targetenemy [noexists][noharm][dead]

are perfectly compatible lines of code, you just set focus when you want to assist anyone, and clear focus when /assist would interfere your ability to target.

But many macros with castsequence can help you with key bindings and up time.
    I repeat, castsequence macros are a crutch, using mod macros, among other techniques can concentrate just as many abilities into few key binds and still allow you to dynamically match your spell priority to the changing conditions of the fight.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-09-26 at 07:49 PM.

The keg smash/jab castsequence is fine. You're right that it will get desynced sometimes; that's why you have a "/cast [mod] Jab" line in there also so you can still jab when it goes all wonky.

Putting Chi-consuming abilities in a castsequence is bad play, though.

Deleted
    I'm sorry but /castsequence macros are, in their majority, bad. They're like /castrandom, and that was removed.