Thread: combat weapons

combat weapons

Hi guys,

this might sound like a stupid question but as a combat, are the weapons of choice 2.6 speed axes in both Main and Off hand?

No more 1.4s in the offhand right?

Thanks,

Deleted
    Yes, you will want 2xslow weapons now.

You want your highest dps 2.6 in your main hand and your highest dps weapon of any speed in your off hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ shadowboy.

When you're looking at BiS setups you'd want a 1.8 and 2.6 OH of the same quality for ideal use on perfect KS/non-perfect KS fights... but if you're not seriously min-maxing, the best offhand you have available is the one with the best DPS (and agility, of course).

combat weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    ^ shadowboy.

When you're looking at BiS setups you'd want a 1.8 and 2.6 OH of the same quality for ideal use on perfect KS/non-perfect KS fights... but if you're not seriously min-maxing, the best offhand you have available is the one with the best DPS (and agility, of course).

Are you saying 1.8 in Mainhand and 2.6 OH?

I thoguht it was both 2.6?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Refreshedx View Post
    Are you saying 1.8 in Mainhand and 2.6 OH?

I thoguht it was both 2.6?
    No, he's saying you want a 2.6 MH and both a 2.6 OH and a 1.8 OH, in case you need to switch.

---------- Post added 2012-09-29 at 09:24 PM ----------

I'd like you to further elaborate, if possible. If I'm not mistaken, the off-hand should only affect the damage of Killing Spree now, and nothing else, due to the change to Combat Potency. Why would switching over to a 1.8 OH increase dps more than a 2.6 OH? And if it does, by how much?
    Last edited by mmoc0d3e61e7f2; 2012-09-29 at 07:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Refreshedx View Post
    Hi guys,

this might sound like a stupid question but as a combat, are the weapons of choice 2.6 speed axes in both Main and Off hand?

No more 1.4s in the offhand right?

Thanks,
    No more, and before asking you should read tooltips in game.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=35551

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    I'd like you to further elaborate, if possible. If I'm not mistaken, the off-hand should only affect the damage of Killing Spree now, and nothing else, due to the change to Combat Potency. Why would switching over to a 1.8 OH increase dps more than a 2.6 OH? And if it does, by how much?
    Deadly poison isn't PPM anymore; more hits = more damage. Killing spree from 2.6/2.6, when used ideally, is > lost DP from not using a 1.8, but if you can't KS on CD or align it with your CDs, more DP is ahead. Not by much... both of these are <1% away from each other.

Deleted
    Deadly poison isn't PPM anymore; more hits = more damage. Killing spree from 2.6/2.6, when used ideally, is > lost DP from not using a 1.8, but if you can't KS on CD or align it with your CDs, more DP is ahead. Not by much... both of these are <1% away from each other.
    Ahh, I see. Assumed DP was a non-issue now. Can't think of a reason why they wouldn't simply change it to a PPM-based mechanic, thereby completely balancing weapon choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Ahh, I see. Assumed DP was a non-issue now. Can't think of a reason why they wouldn't simply change it to a PPM-based mechanic, thereby completely balancing weapon choices.
    It wouldn't though. If DP were PPM-based, slow/slow would be better in pretty much every circumstance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hmzlol View Post
    No more, and before asking you should read tooltips in game.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=35551
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=2823

I thought all weapons had the same speed now?? Or is that only Daggers??
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

2.6/2.6 is better if you can fully utilize KSp or if you can cleave pretty much the whole fight (Stone Guards). 2.6/1.8 is better otherwise. Either way, the difference is fairly minimal. One or the other is not required.

As you're gearing, just use the best OH weapon you have.

Deleted
    What's 1.8 / 1.8 like out of interest

10+ Year Old Account
    1.8/1.8 isn't worth considering.

Deleted
    Assas > 1.8 / 1.8 on cleave fights?

1.8 MH is terrible as Combat. If you only have daggers, just play Mut or Subt until you get a good Combat MH.

well just got elagon rank1 combat specc, using a 1.8 MH and 2.6 OH ... just made this desicion because of the dmg difference, that will be the first thing to look at!

Quote Originally Posted by uctar View Post
    well just got elagon rank1 combat specc, using a 1.8 MH and 2.6 OH ... just made this desicion because of the dmg difference, that will be the first thing to look at!
    Looks like that dagger is in your OH on the armory.