Thread: NA PVE server

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

NA PVE server

Hey so, I'm looking to switch to a PVE server since the cross faction thing sounds amazing.

Any tips? Whats the biggest / most active NA pve server?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

15+ Year Old Account
    im on Deepwood and its pretty active.

Lots of action on Faeblight as well. Don't let the RP scare ya!

How is Deepwood for those who sometimes are on during more oceanic times? My times do vary but its still a consideration. Recently returned to the game after about six weeks away due to real life finances and found that both of my more casual-like guilds had booted my characters on either side. So I have no real ties holding me to any particular server at the moment - frustrating but yet liberating at the same time I guess.

I play on Keenblade. While traffic has seemed to pick up recently, it's still pretty dead. Greybriar, Deepwood, and Wolfsbane seem to be the highest populated servers.

Deepwood is active most hours of the day - I tend to see a lot of them. It's gotten kinda zany now that guardians and defiants can collaborate for raids and so on - so many options.

That said, if you pick a server and it doesn't work out, you can transfer for free once a week.

Laethys has the best Oceanic pop in my experience as an Oceanic player.
    Most of the guilds are there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play on Faeblight myself. Even though it's labeled as an RP server, there are plenty of raiding guilds and the population here is pretty active.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deepwood is literally active 24/7, I swear by this statement because my playtimes vary tremendously. We have an Australian in my guild who is quite happy where he is and all, too.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say:
    • Deepwood
    • Greybriar
    • Wolfsbane
    • Faeblight
    • Laethys (Oceanic)

I play on Briarcleff, its a pvp Shard with about 10 level 50s on it. While i could transfer, i somehow feel it wouldnt make me any happier inside.

Now on a more on topic, happy note, Every time i get into a 5 man with someone from Faeblight, they are extremely geared, showing they ahve a high level of raid activity on their server. Im not sure if any on mine has ever even been to infernal dawn.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankendog View Post
    I play on Briarcleff, its a pvp Shard with about 10 level 50s on it. While i could transfer, i somehow feel it wouldnt make me any happier inside.

Now on a more on topic, happy note, Every time i get into a 5 man with someone from Faeblight, they are extremely geared, showing they ahve a high level of raid activity on their server. Im not sure if any on mine has ever even been to infernal dawn.
    10 level 50s? That's depressing, I heard it was dying off or something, but that's quite the drop in population over there! Guess people want to hang out with the opposing faction eh? lol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    10 level 50s? That's depressing, I heard it was dying off or something, but that's quite the drop in population over there! Guess people want to hang out with the opposing faction eh? lol
    it wasnt just that, while my guild originated on that server, eventually it got to the point, that it was much more difficult to recruit people to come to a pvp server. Majority of MMO players want PVE. its only the PVPers that speak louder in terms of forums presence and what not. Plus the top Guilds Like Terrible Idea moved away because they also had a tough time trying to get people to come to a pvp server.

I was watching Deepwoods Level 50 chat a bit last night and it was depressing me. I had been trying to find a PuG for a T1 or T2 raid since everything resets Wed mornings for about 1.5 hours on my server(Seastone). In that time I saw at least 4-5 PuGs form on Deepwood. It was depressing for me, but shows Deepwood has a lot of PvE activity going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I was watching Deepwoods Level 50 chat a bit last night and it was depressing me. I had been trying to find a PuG for a T1 or T2 raid since everything resets Wed mornings for about 1.5 hours on my server(Seastone). In that time I saw at least 4-5 PuGs form on Deepwood. It was depressing for me, but shows Deepwood has a lot of PvE activity going on.
    Well Seastone is a PvP shard it would seem only natural that pug raids would be less popular on a pvp shard?

The PVE shards are nuts though I've seen people starting up T1 10 & 20 man pugs at 2:00 or 3:00am in the morning on weekends....do people not sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Well Seastone is a PvP shard it would seem only natural that pug raids would be less popular on a pvp shard?

The PVE shards are nuts though I've seen people starting up T1 10 & 20 man pugs at 2:00 or 3:00am in the morning on weekends....do people not sleep?
    Less popular, yes, but getting berated, getting tells telling me to STFU, getting people saying in 50 Chat, go away this is PvP shard? A bit over the top. Not to mention, in WoW I also played on a PvP server, and in SWTOR as well. There were plenty of PuGs, especially on the highest population PvP server there is. Just because it is a PvP server does not mean PvE is non-existent. Though players on Rift PvP servers seem to think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Less popular, yes, but getting berated, getting tells telling me to STFU, getting people saying in 50 Chat, go away this is PvP shard? A bit over the top. Not to mention, in WoW I also played on a PvP server, and in SWTOR as well. There were plenty of PuGs, especially on the highest population PvP server there is. Just because it is a PvP server does not mean PvE is non-existent. Though players on Rift PvP servers seem to think so.
    Oh yeah I didn't say PvE is and should be taboo on a PvP server I just meant it would be more difficult to field a pug related raid. As far as the STFU go away PVE nub/scrub talk......umm yeah not sure what to say about that.

Yeah, that's kind of odd. Especially considering WoW consistently has 20 or so PvP servers in the top 25 for raiding servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those individuals are why I am so glad to be off PVP shards. I started on Faemist (and eventually moved to Freeholme after Faemist died and then Deepstrike once Freeholme died) and I remember how often I'd be ganked while I was leveling from Scarwood up until Shimmer/Stillmoor. It was pretty frustrating but after awhile you get used to it.

It was the worst on Deepstrike dealing with MMAC and Reckless. Trying to do dailies solo and you'd be constantly camped by 5+ people. Got so fucking sick and tired of it. That aspect of a PVP shard is not fun at all and honestly, it's all that a PVP shard has to offer. Once I moved to Faeblight, I've never been more happy in terms of not getting my shit pushed in trying to do shit solo in the OW.

I admit that I do miss some of the epic PVP battles that EI world events brought but I can play the game without having to be in some shitty ass spec to heal through zergs. Now I only die when I don't have any charges and attempt to pull a dead wardstone with 30+ mobs on it. :P