Poll: Are you enjoying the "Endgame"?

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post
    Sadly, this thread is what is keeping me from leaving wow and giving GW2 a try. I really wish there was a demo/trial so that I could try it out and not have to spend $60 to see if I'll like it or not.

The game looks sharp though.
    You should look at what you like, tbh. This game is great for levelling, I had tonnes of fun and put in about 120 hours before I got bored at 80.

If you want gear-progression endgame and trinity raids, then stick with WoW. This game doesn't have much in terms of endgame dungeons, even if there are more dungeons that are viable than WoW has, I just don't get the same feel from GW2 dungeons as I did with WoW. I liked roles and I feel a little empty in GW2 dungeons.

Basically, if you like levelling and PvP: GW2.
    If you like gear progression and PvE roles: WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    You should look at what you like, tbh. This game is great for levelling, I had tonnes of fun and put in about 120 hours before I got bored at 80.

If you want gear-progression endgame and trinity raids, then stick with WoW. This game doesn't have much in terms of endgame dungeons, even if there are more dungeons that are viable than WoW has, I just don't get the same feel from GW2 dungeons as I did with WoW. I liked roles and I feel a little empty in GW2 dungeons.

Basically, if you like levelling and PvP: GW2.
    If you like gear progression and PvE roles: WoW.
    Idk, i kinda prefer the whole chaotic feel of dungeons, and thought the roles made it feel less fun... but to each his own!! The part i bolded is pretty much true though, except GW2 has plenty of PvE content, it's just chaotic (and in my opinion more fun) and turns most of those "Everything must go perfectly" players you encounter a lot in raids to be turned off... you know, those ones who tell you to wipe the boss whose at 5% health because a healer and a tank is dead...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    "Everything must go perfectly" players you encounter a lot in raids to be turned off... you know, those ones who tell you to wipe the boss whose at 5% health because a healer and a tank is dead...
    I may have to de-friend you now...

Sadness. Deep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, i kinda prefer the whole chaotic feel of dungeons, and thought the roles made it feel less fun... but to each his own!! The part i bolded is pretty much true though, except GW2 has plenty of PvE content, it's just chaotic (and in my opinion more fun) and turns most of those "Everything must go perfectly" players you encounter a lot in raids to be turned off... you know, those ones who tell you to wipe the boss whose at 5% health because a healer and a tank is dead...
    For me, those moments where half the raid is dead and the boss is on his last legs and might still day are the most exciting. That's when all the skilled players start pulling out all the stops and really shine.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I may have to de-friend you now...

Sadness. Deep.
    Fencers NOOOOOOOOO!! Don't defriend me!! <\3 <-- that's my heart breaking, it's breaking so hard it's not even shattering like most other people's!!

---------- Post added 2012-09-29 at 03:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    For me, those moments where half the raid is dead and the boss is on his last legs and might still day are the most exciting. That's when all the skilled players start pulling out all the stops and really shine.
    Yeah during that and the "true death" weeks me and my guild would do, where if you die you're done for the week and we pull someone else in xD those were brutal... Although with 200+ people it makes it really easy to replace someone lol!!
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Fencers NOOOOOOOOO!! Don't defriend me!! <\3 <-- that's my heart breaking, it's breaking so hard it's not even shattering like most other people's!
    Only keeping you on FL because you're a cutie pie. Also I find sarcasm oddly endearing.

OT: I am still having some issues trying to get my friends in the same dungeon. We tried CMx and CoEx last night. 2 party members [me incld.] could not zone into CMx. CoEx, same thing.

Ended up doing SE story for a guildie instead. I enjoyed it except Kudu... what in the hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Too bad "NO" is ahead for GW2 huh. If over 50% of the players are not enjoying the end game, maybe Arenanet should make a few changes afterall.
    Hahahah yeah sure.... over 50% of the players?? do you realize that it is a minority of players that actually use a forum... and let's not talk about this being a WoW forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    Hahahah yeah sure.... over 50% of the players?? do you realize that it is a minority of players that actually use a forum... and let's not talk about this being a WoW forum...
    Do you have any other info about how many people are enjoying Barnacle Zombie Wars 2 vs how many are not?

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose it's possible for people to believe that not only are there only 775 people playing GW2, but that the 775 votes in that poll are entirely from people who have actually played GW2, let alone each vote coming from exactly one person (i.e. nothing stops me from making a second account), or the built-in bias in the poll due to this forum being specifically for fans of World of Warcraft.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Do you have information or don't you? :P

I'm not sure what endgame is in GW2. I assume it is logging on and playing the game. Since that is the case I am having fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only keeping you on FL because you're a cutie pie. Also I find sarcasm oddly endearing.

OT: I am still having some issues trying to get my friends in the same dungeon. We tried CMx and CoEx last night. 2 party members [me incld.] could not zone into CMx. CoEx, same thing.

Ended up doing SE story for a guildie instead. I enjoyed it except Kudu... what in the hell.
    Damn straight!!

Btw, with the instances are multiple of you trying to enter at once? Because i've noticed that when you only send one person in it creates the instance for the party (using them), whereas if you all jump into it (or multiple people jump in at once) it creates a server for each person attemtping to jump in instead of making one server for the group.

Too bad "NO" is ahead for GW2 huh. If over 50% of the players are not enjoying the end game, maybe Arenanet should make a few changes afterall.

The biggest thing is just long-term goals. They don't need raids, but they do need something. There's a few things, but there's not a good reason. Grinding legendaries is fine and all, but what do you do with them if it's not to defeat an ultimate big bad? It would be neat to see them add something reminiscent of FFXI's missions. Basically a group storyline that is really effing hard. People need to gear for it, get good, be on their toes, use consumables etc to progress. This content is hard. And I don't mean a bit challenging, I mean EFFING HARD. -but it gives lots of other things in the game purpose.
    if we talk about changes and future of this game then it will happen but the realy question is

Does those changes will satisfy the majorty ?

we have 3 type of people :
    1- people still playing gw2 .
    2- people feel sick of gw2 and quit .
    3- people still did not try gw2 .

well , i can tell you this and i wish all people try understand me

Anet always talk in media and i am sure they will show how great patch inc and yay! we are working ( same as they did b4 launch )

but again , does those changes will satisfy majorty and will satisfy the people who expect more from this change ?

My advise to you guys , slow down and do not rush things b4 it even come

for me , idc beacuse i already pass my account to a friend of me in USA

when i say i am done from gw2 then i mean it ,, beacuse inside me huge dispointed and i feel i waste my 70$ on useless game

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have information or don't you? :P
    Just because there supposedly isn't any other information, doesn't mean the clearly biased and inaccurate information you do have is actually worth using.

Next you'll say that no evidence to the contrary means a person is guilty.

According to updated estimate of that article, Mists can sell 4.5 mil copies over Q3. That would still shame the sales of most MMOs. Even several MMOs combined. Supposedly Cata sold 3.3 mil. That's really good in the current market too.

Interesting.

According to updated estimate of that article, Mists can sell 4.5 mil copies over Q3. That would still shame the sales of most MMOs. Even several MMOs combined. Supposedly Cata sold 3.3 mil. That's really good in the current market too.

Interesting.
    Cata sold 3.3m in the first 24h, not over a long period of time.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Damn straight!!

Btw, with the instances are multiple of you trying to enter at once? Because i've noticed that when you only send one person in it creates the instance for the party (using them), whereas if you all jump into it (or multiple people jump in at once) it creates a server for each person attemtping to jump in instead of making one server for the group.
    We go in one at a time. Usually the party leader goes first and we all click the summons while in zone. But we've tried it multiple ways as this has been happening since headstart. Actually just 3 manned AC story to get a guildie keyed. The other 2 couldn't zone in this morning. So we said, "fuck it".

Cata sold 3.3m in the first 24h, not over a long period of time.
    Really? Dang, that's impressive.

Closing in on 'end game' as it were I suppose (level 78). I'll finish my personal story, get 100% map completion, and check out all the instances (I haven't done any of these yet).

Once that's done, I'll log on only to PvP and WvW. Legendaries aren't my thing, nor do I particularly care what my armor looks like. So I guess my answer is 'no'? But that isn't a bad thing, as I expected things to go this way anyhow.

10+ Year Old Account
    We go in one at a time. Usually the party leader goes first and we all click the summons while in zone. But we've tried it multiple ways as this has been happening since headstart. Actually just 3 manned AC story to get a guildie keyed. The other 2 couldn't zone in this morning. So we said, "fuck it".

Really? Dang, that's impressive.
    Huh that's strange... I haven't had that issue after we all stopped jumping into the portal... So idk what to say...

Huh that's strange... I haven't had that issue after we all stopped jumping into the portal... So idk what to say...
    The issues come and go now that they did the initial fixing. You may never hit them. Or you may log on at a bad time to do a dungeon and be unable to. Server side patches are invisible to us users other then when they cause bugs like these.