Boomkin, thousand-year pickled egg

Seeing as dream of cenarius is the best lvl 90 talent atm, i were wondering how the new healer brewfast trinket would rank compared to other trinkets.

Thanks in advance
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dracco4heads View Post
    Seeing as dream of cenarius is the best lvl 90 talent atm, i were wondering how the new healer brewfast trinket would rank compared to other trinkets.

Thanks in advance
    Surely Nature's Vigil is better?

last i heard is DoC is the top dps tallent, but i might be wrong ofc
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet
    Level 90:
    The second DPS talent, and most interesting talent tier. Heart of the Wild currently seems to outpace Nature's Vigil. In addition, there has been some discussion that the Heart of the Wild timer can actually provide a DPS benefit by shifting to Cat for 45 seconds, but I am not yet in a position to evaluate this claim as I have not built an entire Cat DPS rotation into WrathCalcs :/ .

In addition, WrathCalcs currently suggests that if you have both 4-piece T14 and high haste (both of which increase the value of your DoTs), the best DPS is actually from Dream of Cenarius, using Healing Touch to buff every DoT. There's some question of whether this is practical but I'm just noting it for now.
    Quoted directly from Hamlet's updated guide on EJ.

Remember that you dont cast HT very often, with high enough haste lets say that you cast it 6-8 per minute. The chance of it proccing has alot to say if you get close to having a decent up-time on the haste-proc.
    Last edited by tushn; 2012-09-28 at 12:49 PM.

Deleted
    Not only the balance side but feral side has hard to get the real HotW damage we do with a weapon swap during those 45 seconds, Only thing i can say don't blindly look at early calculations.

While DoC is supposedly best at pure single-target (it's not really by much either), remember that it's almost absolutely useless in AOE compared to nature's vigil.

Deleted
    I'd rather follow the tips of people that achieved world firsts and seconds than a random poster on EJ. Besides, EJ is EJ... hasn't been properly updated ever since Quieth left...

It is on single target fights, given perfect play and rotation. A single mistake could easily result to a dps loss compared to the passiveness of HotW or the clarity of NV.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    It is on single target fights, given perfect play and rotation. A single mistake could easily result to a dps loss compared to the passiveness of HotW or the clarity of NV.
    Indeed, this is what I'm looking at as well. I'll be taking HotW generally, and NV when I know there's a relevant burst phase. DoC is wonky and invites mistakes. People are putting far too much stock in the theoretical DPS.

without all the back and forth about level 90 talents i can tell you that if you're struggling to get a trinket out of hc dungeons the pickled egg with a NS+HT combined with DoC is probably a good option.

i'd go a different route if you aren't stuck with bad trinkets though.

15+ Year Old Account
    For pvp I am choosing DoC, not sure which I will pick for pve....Also for resto does regrowth hot give the DoC buff or just the initial cast of Regrowth?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    For pvp I am choosing DoC, not sure which I will pick for pve....Also for resto does regrowth hot give the DoC buff or just the initial cast of Regrowth?
    What makes you choose DoC for PvP? I feel like it'd be even more clunky there where I might really, really want on demand burst.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What makes you choose DoC for PvP? I feel like it'd be even more clunky there where I might really, really want on demand burst.
    Well, I did not hit 90 yet but I did play beta some. While I am a dps I am not looking at this tier as a way to increase my dps, but a way to increase my abilities in other areas that your spec is not suited for. And I never really never been a cooldown kinda person, I love uptime. While HotW could allow you to tank or heal better or theorically give you better dps it's down time is very long and itself is gimmicky, the 6% boost is nice though.

Nature's Vigil seems a bit better, 30% more healing during but for balance unless you use tranquility the healing to damage would good and starfall damage to healing would be nice but I feel it would only cushion the blow and not really fix anything. If you want a heal just heal yourself, if you want damage do damage...I guess it could somewhat 'keep up your damage if you heal but...eh. Could be strong if they added a passive effect to it.

And for DoC, it just basically requires me to do what I am doing right now. I just don't dps as a hybrid in pvp, I throw a few heals around to keep living or try to, I mean though I will not spam them(they got cds of their own!). I just do enough to cushion the blow till they get their head straight.So really this talent uincreases my playstle, I don't have to go though hoops and barrels to change my playstle to fit to the skill, I will do what I normally do. Also it and Lunar Shower could be a powerful combo, spread/spam you moonfire/sunfire, throw ht out then spam/spread it again would give you DoC + Lunar Shower. It is not because one is just not simply more powerful then the other, but because one fits my play style more then the others.

If it is sure that is also works with rejuvenation, it will be much stronger.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    GUYS! DoC DOESN'T proc with rejuvenation...... That would be awesome but it doesn't. It requires a full cast of HT or Nourish. The only way to do it fast its usin NS+HT... I dont really think its better than Nature's Vigil.... It is very good when u're doing your dailies and stuff or for pvp where u can Dps and increase your self healing %. Other than that i don't really think if casting HT on our rotation will bring profit for PVP or PVE in terms of DPS.

Azo
    Last edited by mmoc53ef364c02; 2012-09-30 at 08:46 AM.