Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When does Fury > Arms?

Now that we're all in the process of gearing for raids, I'm curious. At what (approx.) amount of +crit will fury become better than arms?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was also curious about this.and on a sort of on topic question as well.SMF or TG? or does it depend on weapons?

Got to wait for SimCraft to be working properly with the patch then we will know I guess

Deleted
    Im already seeing fury(SMF) be better than arms. Im almost fully heroic geared with 362 iLevel.

I guess we will have to wait for some proper math/sim's to get a definitive answer

Fury was already better than Arms @ the 5.0.4 drop.

Gurth managed to keep Arms afloat for Dragon Soul / Leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard claims that they will be adjusting specs if the gap grows more than 5%. I hope they actually do so, because if I have to Respec Fury in order to raid like its been most of this games life, I'm done with my warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSpaztic View Post
    Fury was already better than Arms @ the 5.0.4 drop.

Gurth managed to keep Arms afloat for Dragon Soul / Leveling.
    The point is that fury requires a ton of crit to be good, and entry gear usually doesn't let you hit that quota.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulrann View Post
    The point is that fury requires a ton of crit to be good, and entry gear usually doesn't let you hit that quota.
    Pretty much this. I've been considering changing to arms simply because not critting ever leaves your rotation pretty empty for fury.

Once you get into, idk, heroics or something and you can cap hit and expertise and then start dumping mass amounts of stats into crit, I think fury will pull ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    Pretty much this. I've been considering changing to arms simply because not critting ever leaves your rotation pretty empty for fury.

Once you get into, idk, heroics or something and you can cap hit and expertise and then start dumping mass amounts of stats into crit, I think fury will pull ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulrann View Post
    You both realize there isn't a required "crit" cap to play Fury, Correct? There is no "better gear = go fury" either.
    You'll pretty much have the same exact crit rating as you would Arms as long as you properly reforge your gear. (It's cheap, should be no excuses for this even on green pieces.)

And not to mention Arms is just as reliant on Crit as Fury. You either need MS/CS crits to help sustain using Slam, or you need lucky Overpower procs to fill GCDs. I leveled, geared up, and still do heroics as Fury. I've dropped my Arms OS entirely at the drop of 5.0.4 to pick up a Tank spec to queue for dungeons faster.

If you're having problems with not filling gcds because of Rage Issues.
    1. Use (Hit or Exp) Gems in shitty non pre raid BiS pieces, and use elixirs, alchemists have to make that crap to level and are trying to get rid of it.
    2. Stop pressing Heroic Strike as much.
    3. Stop pressing Berserker Rage on cooldown, it's more powerful when it activates a raging blow charge.

Quote Originally Posted by raist474 View Post
    Blizzard claims that they will be adjusting specs if the gap grows more than 5%. I hope they actually do so, because if I have to Respec Fury in order to raid like its been most of this games life, I'm done with my warrior.
    If you want to do any serious raiding, yes you will be required to go Fury for just about every non-cleave fight, and from the latest balancing notes, it looks like the gap from Arms to Fury is only going to grow larger from it's already sizable gap.
    Last edited by LordSpaztic; 2012-09-29 at 09:42 PM.

At 462 ilvl fury is still meh at 15%+ crit. I think i prefer SMF over TG as i test them though. The problem is you don't become enraged much due to low stat modifiers cause we aren't in raid gear so when you aren't enraged u just sit there auto attacking. After the first tier of raids I think TG/SMF will be awesome. So far testing Arms the rotation is just so much smoother. I still prefer fury personally though.

If you have 462 itemlevel with 15% crit something is very wrong.
    I'm rocking 21.05% crit at same ilvl and fury feels very good

dont forget bloodthirst doubles your crit, so thats one thing to look out for. Fury becomes better than arms as soon as you get 2 solid 1 handers. The thing about fury is the less crit you have, the more rng you have, so for the moment with current gear, I feel its a personal preference, but once you get into the first raid things will point more towards fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSpaztic View Post
    If you want to do any serious raiding, yes you will be required to go Fury for just about every non-cleave fight, and from the latest balancing notes, it looks like the gap from Arms to Fury is only going to grow larger from it's already sizable gap.
    I'm referring to the monstrous gap between Arms and Fury for the vast majority of the game because Fury was the "Default" PvE DPS tree. With Blizzard claiming to no longer focus solely on one spec for PvP or PvE and promising to close gaps, I'm hoping to raid Arms casually. I've played Fury for so damn long if I have to deal with "Go Fury or go home" balancing, I'm done with Warriors and will go to class that they actually care to balance properly.

Deleted
    Right now I have somewhat of a crappy dps offspec gear - ~450
    However it includes a 463 2hander, ~15% crit and hit/expertise caps... with that gear simcraft simulation results in ~37k dps, while I can pull out around 33k dps on a heroic test dummy

Now - I respecced to Arms, regemmed to STR, reforged to keep necessary caps - Simcraft says top end without buffs/debuffs is 48k, and I am able to get around 43 k on a heroic test dummy (the missing dps is probably no flask, no food, no potions and no execute phase)... well I aint asking for anything else right now I guess...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Listen, the day fury beats arms is when you get enough critical strike. Why? Think twice what bloodthirst criticals do, exactly.

Arms > Fury with no gear.

Fury > Arm with BiS unless blizzard nerfs fury hard and buffs arms. 70k DPS is what i do with my warrior arms Single Target DPS on bosses atm. Depending 64-70k.

I use Stormbolt for bosses with Shockwave for those who wants to know. Dragons Roar as soon raiding starts.

/thread pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by CrippleshoT View Post
    If you have 462 itemlevel with 15% crit something is very wrong.
    I'm rocking 21.05% crit at same ilvl and fury feels very good
    if you have 21.05% crit there is pretty much no way you are hit or expertise capped. But i guess that's fine if you are a 5 man dungeon raider lol. Good luck doing good dps to raid bosses not being hit or expertise capped.
    Last edited by Softbottom; 2012-10-02 at 12:14 AM.

In my expierance a well played Arms warrior is still doing more DPS than feral, enhance, and all 3 dk dps specs. But fury tops it out by a bit.

Unless your shooting for world firsts and shit, no reason to not raid as arms if you want to.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Arms is horrible now. I leveled 85-87 and hated it, switched to Fury, reforged to soft hit/expertise cap for 87 and leveled 87-89 in about half the time and 89-90 in about the same amount of time as my first two levels took me. Crit doesn't matter. Bloodthirst procs alone put Fury above Arms.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    if you have 21.05% crit there is pretty much no way you are hit or expertise capped. But i guess that's fine if you are a 5 man dungeon raider lol. Good luck doing good dps to raid bosses not being hit or expertise capped.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dsoul/advanced

Just an example. You're probably incorrectly gemming for strength.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

I gemmed strength to test it out; raids are a different story. Regemming tomorrow before raid.