Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It really depends on what you're doing. For leveling, nothing beats Blood. Frost works a lot like ret pallies, in that a lot of your dps comes from random procs. It makes it really hard to kill stuff by yourself when those things don't proc. I'd rather go with something more consistent, and in this case, has more survivability and self-healing.
    Oh yeah, I always level as blood, you can LIVE through shit AND do a ton of damage while doing it. But for end-game dps I prefer unholy, mostly for the reasons I just listed and I'm too lazy to list em again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Frost:
    An icy harbinger of doom, channeling runic power and delivering vicious weapon strikes.

Unholy:
    A master of death and decay, spreading infection and controlling undead minions to do his bidding.

Why split the credit with your pet when you can take it all for yourself?
    It's not splitting the credit when it is your minion.

Frost:
    An icy harbinger of doom, channeling runic power and delivering vicious weapon strikes.

Unholy:
    A master of death and decay, spreading infection and controlling undead minions to do his bidding.

Why split the credit with your pet when you can take it all for yourself?
    Because having a badass ghoul (or abberation when it's transformed) to fight by your side is always fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    A strike as dealt directly by the scourge sure is obliterating. An obliterating strike does not strike like the scourge though.
    I'm just gonna stop this now.. It's all personal preference so we won't get anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    I have, it's still boring. I don't like frost. When ever I played it I had far too much downtime, I was auto attacking 50% of the time, and the dps was about equal to unholy, where I was able to do something with my time the ENTIRE fight.
    Well, I don't find myself having too much downtime (I do atm, but that's cuz my gear is SHIT)

10+ Year Old Account
    As for some of the personal statements that I found online...

"during KS3 I attempted to solve GCSE questions for a challenge"

How is a non-native speaker even supposed to know what these mean, much less use them so freely in their personal statements? I hate how important the PS is. I stand no chance against these people. Native English speakers have a humongous advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because having a badass ghoul (or abberation when it's transformed) to fight by your side is always fun.
    Maybe..
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryd View Post
    It's not splitting the credit when it is your minion.
    It is. Everyone knows you wouldn't do as well if it wasn't for that minion.

I'm just gonna stop this now.. It's all personal preference so we won't get anywhere.

Well, I don't find myself having too much downtime (I do atm, but that's cuz my gear is SHIT)
    I always found myself with a ton of downtime while playing frost, about 50% of the time i'm doing nothing but auto attacking. While playing unholy though only about 20% of the time i'm stuck with nothing to do

10+ Year Old Account
    I always found myself with a ton of downtime while playing frost, about 50% of the time i'm doing nothing but auto attacking. While playing unholy though only about 20% of the time i'm stuck with nothing to do
    Atm I'm doing nothing about 30% of the time. At 85 when I had decent gear it was about 10%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep your 13sec silence while we stand around, channeling certain death right into the enemies base.
    ...wait, that's the wrong games.

But really, channeling runic power? wow, exciting. are you a wand or what?
    vicious weapon strikes? come on, even warriors can do that.

Spreading infection? Hehehe....

Controll minions? Sure, why do all the "vicious weapon strikes" yourself when others can do them.
    Because getting all the credit beats getting some of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Using Ø instead of O.. You win.

Deleted
    The thing I hate most about frost is the RNG, it was terrible to wait for runes to get back up so you could use KB procs on Obliterate when you had runic power to spend.

Atm I'm doing nothing about 30% of the time. At 85 when I had decent gear it was about 10%.
    I did good DPS with frost but a lot of it was downtime, while with unholy i do around the same (if not MORE) with less downtime. Yeah, you can probably see why I like unholy more than frost. Also, i killed lich king while being unholy, so I kind of have some nostalgia with the spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryd View Post
    The thing I hate most about frost is the RNG, it was terrible to wait for runes to get back up so you could use KB procs on Obliterate when you had runic power to spend.
    I like the RNG. Also, knowing when to save a KB for Obliterate instead of using it for FS right away is what seperates a good from a mediocre frost DK.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did good DPS with frost but a lot of it was downtime, while with unholy i do around the same (if not MORE) with less downtime. Yeah, you can probably see why I like unholy more than frost. Also, i killed lich king while being unholy, so I kind of have some nostalgia with the spec.
    Nostalgia.. I hate that thing. Ruins good discussions with it's rose-tinted glasses.
    But pointless discussions are the best kind of discussion. ;D
    And I have to say that I do like both, unholy and frost quite a lot.
    I would like blood the most, if it wouldn't have been lol-op eversince. it's pretty boring to play, sadly.
    >Not liking being OP

Yeah..

Deleted
    I like the RNG. Also, knowing when to save a KB for Obliterate instead of using it for FS right away is what seperates a good from a mediocre frost DK.
    It is true, I make a really mediocre frost DK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. I actually quite like Anduin Wrynn.

Let's kill Chynn and replace him with Anduin.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

10+ Year Old Account
    You're just jelly because you can't make others do what you want. You can only work part time as an air conditioning.
    That was a holiday job because I wanted that mount..

10+ Year Old Account
    >Not liking being OP

Yeah..
    Being OP is so horribly boring. I would know, I played a Paladin during tbc.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post

I agree with killing Varian. He's almost as bad as Garrosh.

Nostalgia.. I hate that thing. Ruins good discussions with it's rose-tinted glasses.

>Not liking being OP

Yeah..
    I dont let it get in the way of my discussions though. I did good back then as well (around like . . . 14k dps on lich king back then. That was good right? around 14k?), and I've always liked the spec more anyways. I find controlling an undead minion and spreading countless diseases upon unweary scum to be a bit more fun than hitting them with ice.

Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post

Have you read the shattering? I earned a lot of respect for Anduin when I read that book. I don't dislike the character . I honestly think he would be a better king than his father. Especially since he's friends with Bane. He could organize peace treaties and stuff between the two factions!