Page 1 of 40
... LastLast
    Deleted

How to know if someone played vanilla!

Ok guys,

Let's talk nostalgia.
    How to know if someone played vanilla!
    You can talk about anything in vanilla that the newer players from TBC -> MoP can't know about.

"You played vanilla if..." finish this sentence.

I'll do a few examples:

You played vanilla if you killed Kazzak in Blasted Lands.
    You played vanilla if you farmed Tyr's hand in EPL.
    You played vanilla if you know what benediction is as a Priest.
    ... if you can name all priest racials.
    ... if you know about 21/8/22 as a Rogue.
    ... if you know this inn music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SImDN0CDXPA (Human inns only).
    ... when warlocks had to farm soulshards before raiding or doing anything really, poor guys. And when a soulshard took a bagslot.
    ... when hunters needed ammo for their ranged weapons, and the ammo stacked per 200 and took bagslots. And there was different types of ammo's, very strong ammo could be made by engineers.
    ... when guards gave honor.
    ... when you got knocked down by the [The Unstoppable Force]
    ... when Ironforge was the main city where everyone on Alliance hanged out because it was the only city with a Auction House.
    ... when Innerfire (Priest selfbuff) gave attack power.
    ... If you knew who Broken Tooth was as a hunter.

Point of this thread? To remember certain things about vanilla WoW that you forgot now that someone else mentions it!
    Last edited by mmoc810f4186eb; 2012-09-30 at 10:00 PM.

You know you played Vanilla when you ground out your epic mount training & mount and then said "Never again." (because gaining money back then sucked hardcore)

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You played vanilia if you know, Scholo was originally a 10man raid instance.
    You played vanilia if you know BGs was added half a year later, and you had to travel to their original locations to join up.
    You played vanilia if you know that rank 11 gave you a 90g mount without the need to buy the 840g riding skill.
    You played vanilia if you know that the entrance of Blackrock Mountain was the greatest guild vs guild pvp place ever.
    You played vanilia if you know that Blizz had a patch to change the models of each Tier 2 sets to be more epic.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

... if you know this inn music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SImDN0CDXPA.
    how is it a vanilla-detector? it is still ingame
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

When Rets one shot people with reckoning
    When shadowpriests blackout was the gayest thing ever
    when running 15 man ubers was fun
    when skinning the beast in ubers had a chance to give you that pristine skin thingie that you could use to make that mage head piece...
    when scholomance had that purple chest that had like a .000000001% chance to drop
    when people acutally summoned lhok delar in av and it took like days to beat it it was a war

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No mention of plainstriding yet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    You played vanilia if you know, Scholo was originally a 10man raid instance.
    You played vanilia if you know BGs was added half a year later, and you had to travel to their original locations to join up.
    You played vanilia if you know that rank 11 gave you a 90g mount without the need to buy the 840g riding skill.
    You played vanilia if you know that the entrance of Blackrock Mountain was the greatest guild vs guild pvp place ever.
    You played vanilia if you know that Blizz had a patch to change the models of each Tier 2 sets to be more epic.
    Wow dude, the scholomance one, very good one! Forgot about that one, haha.

Remember when AV opened up, it was so busy in alterac mountains, whole server standing infront of the entrance to the BG! No battlegroups, just faction vs faction against your own server people!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    To clarify for those who didn't know this, t2 originally used generic armor models of their respective types. When BWL was released, they were patched and placed in BWL with new unique models.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    So you only played vanilla if you played endgame right?

you played vanilla if the acronyms XR and TM mean world pvp for you.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

You played vanilla if you know you had to pay 1kg for epic riding.

funny... i joined at the beginning of BC and have played a disc priest ever since as main... i can still name all original priest racials and i know what benediction does, as well as the rogue one...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    When Rets one shot people with reckoning
    Omg, reckoning... oh the memories I have of that with my rogue, that was my first class, and reck palas was a nightmare, haha.

Tooooo soooooon, youve come to soooooon

Easy.. they quit WoW sometime during Wrath because it was never the same after BC...

You played vanilla if you enjoyed running on feet until level 40

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diatribe View Post
    You know you played Vanilla when you ground out your epic mount training & mount and then said "Never again." (because gaining money back then sucked hardcore)
    + originally it was the actual mount that cost shitload, while training the skill was rather cheap in comparison.

Also, several hours long battleground queues due to battlegrounds being server spesific rather than cross-realm. I think my bf sat in the queue for 8 hours before he got in once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldoran View Post
    how is it a vanilla-detector? it is still ingame
    Which inn?

Deleted
    Trying to get to the airplane-construction spot at the Ironforge Battlemasters as a twink

You played vanilla if you summoned the ice lord in alterac valley.