Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If someone in your group wiped on UBRS Rend Blackhand by pulling the mobs who watch the fight. (I did that once tab targeting).. oh and of course, after having to put the group together via chat an LF1M DPS etc etc.

Also when Kargath would be full of people every raid reset day getting ready to head into MC and BWL.

Ahh memories. I can't believe I'm still logging into a game this old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    when skinning the beast in ubers had a chance to give you that pristine skin thingie that you could use to make that mage head piece...
    and you needed to enchant a special set of gloves for skinning as it required skinning higher than max.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhancement shaman windfury procs killing anyone in seconds (used to love those back to back procs)

Arcanite reaper hoooooo!
    Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I played vanilla! i have tier 3 gauntlets that i got off the Black mark- I mean...farmed naxx like crazy for.

Captain Placeholder
    Also, no SM Cath until level 40+

You know if someone played vanilla by being free to check some random bullshit response in any of the other thousand of similar threads to this one.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Back than all riding skills had specific names like : tiger riding (NE),horse riding,mechano-strider riding etc and you had to buy each one of them if you wanted to ride different mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    You had to learn weapon skills so that you wouldn't miss
    Mage buff / intel used to increase chance to get a point
    There was a mob in blasted lands that you used to use to skill up.
    Spirit used to allow Wind Fury to proc more often
    Wind Fury used to be amazing with a 2-hander in battlegrounds.
    CC for players was 30 seconds, not what it is now.
    Warlocks were scary. gnome warlocks with pink hair were the devil incarnate.
    Elixirs used to stack and stack and stack. Not just two types.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2012-09-30 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Discovering how to get into Old Ironforge with a Mage.
    Running ZG back when it was a 20 man raid.
    Killing yourself in the fire outside of Scholo so you could get in without a key.

Kinda blank atm.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    You played vanilla if you summoned the ice lord in alterac valley.
    You played vanilla if you defended your group who was summoning ice lord

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    You played vanilla if you summoned the ice lord in alterac valley.
    WOw, such a good one. Alliance had the forest lord! "Everyone defend the icelake they summoning ice lord!"

You played vanilla if you ever raided one of the four emerald dragons in Feralas, Ashenvale, Hinterlands or Duskwood.

Deleted
    you played vanilla if your mage got owned in 3 secs by a Sulfuron wielding shaman?-Windfury with legendary 2-hander in a no resilience enviroment!

1/5 of the realm was night elf hunters!

eviscerate did a fixed amount of damage scaling only with level!

frost mage was pve!

warlocks had to farm soul shards in order to create one health stone per raid member in 40-man raids!

alliance/horde ratio was like 5/2 and 70% of the alliance had no idea what skills to use?

hunters were needing everything?

rogues were 2-shotting people?

maraudon was a high level instance added in a patch?

there was a sea of 0 use talents like 1% dodge per rank for rogues or 5% fire,frost,nature reduction per rank for elemental shaman?

Will of the Forsaken lasted 30 sec!

engineering was creating nets to root people in pvp and bombs to stun them(though it was like tossing them 1.5 g)

Naxramas was the final dungeon!

some tradeskills were divided into subcategories(swordsmith/armorsmith etc)

only the horde had bloodlust!

buffs were working only in a single group!

you had to level weapon skill and intelect increased the speed of it,you also had to visit at least 2 of the faction's capital in order to learn them all

only undead priests had devouring plague!

people were just having fun chasing each other in random locations...ah,nostalgia...
    Last edited by mmoc99d570be5c; 2012-09-30 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Easy.. they quit WoW sometime during Wrath because it was never the same after BC...
    Just because it's not the same doesn't mean it's not still fun.

If you could only have fun doing one very specific type of thing, then you wouldn't find very much at all to have fun doing. If you only found vanilla wow fun, and quit after it changed because you didn't like games that weren't like vanilla wow, then what exactly are you doing now that is so much like vanilla wow?

I miss what the game was like in vanilla, I do. But that doesn't mean I don't like it now.

So anyway, might as well add one, you played vanilla if you know what warlock ability hunters used to cheat their Solenor the Slayer kill (aka Silithus demon) for Rhok'delar.

If you understand that people spend 40 bugs just to get the black battle drone now
    if you laugh at people complaining that leveling up alts takes forever (i think i still have a drood with about 20 days playtime which never was able to reach max lvl)
    if you really feel this video

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    You had to learn weapon skills so that you wouldn't miss
    Mage buff / intel used to increase chance to get a point
    There was a mob in blasted lands that you used to use to skill up.
    Spirit used to allow Wind Fury to proc more often
    Wind Fury used to be amazing with a 2-hander in battlegrounds.
    CC for players was 30 seconds, not what it is now.
    Warlocks were scary. gnome warlocks with pink hair were the devil incarnate.
    Elixirs used to stack and stack and stack. Not just two types.
    I remember having to skill up my 2handed swords and my defense as a hunter, since my pet tanked everything so my defense wasn't even close to 300 at 60.
    WF shamans, so sick indeed, haha. Oh the memories and pvp movies.

You played vanilla if you know Otherguy, Vurtne and Faxmonkey as a Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by WoOmbat View Post
    If you understand that people spend 40 bugs just to get the black battle drone now
    if you laugh at people complaining that leveling up alts takes forever (i think i still have a drood with about 20 days playtime which never was able to reach max lvl)
    if you really feel this video
    Wow, look at how much the graphics changed in all this time, you don't really notice it that much. The sky and everything. Ofcourse Orgrimmar changed a lot but simple things like the Sky and rendering look a lot different now.
    Last edited by mmoc810f4186eb; 2012-09-30 at 08:18 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

That's my proof and if I had access to my first account, it would go back even further.

Anyone can find something someone said about vanilla in another thread or forum, repeat it, and pretend it's the good old days or whatever. Hell, remember that poll MMO-C had about when you joined a while back and the majority claimed vanilla? hmmm...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    you played vanilla if you remember devoting 5-6 weeks of your life to non stop grinding of honor for hwl
    you played vanilla if you remember traveling to the actual portals for the battlegrounds in order to queue for them
    you played vanilla if you summoned lokholar, or ivus

i pvped quite a bit

If you were oneshot by an R14 enhancement shaman.
    If you know Vurtne and World of Roguecraft (or other cool 60 vids).

Edit: If you were CCed in PvP for over half a minute (with only ONE application of a spell). This is the craziest of them all.
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2012-09-30 at 08:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You played vannila if you knew who are dopefish.

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

I can remember buying Int potions and finding a mage to give me Arcane Brilliance on my Warrior because I got a new weapon and need to level the weapon skill.
    I also remember when getting the Epic Paladin Charger took weeks if not months to get because not only did you need 250g just to get started, but then you had to have the mats and the group to go kill everything ( Last fight in Scholo sucked balls)