Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

What has happened to warriors?

Last night I tried to gank a lvl 89 warrior with my feral druid that is 5/8 contender's gear and carrying a 427 ilvl staff. The thing is that no matter how hard I tried to kill him, he wouldn't die, but instead my health was dropping. I know I didn't play very well, mostly because I thought it would be an easy kill, but seriously. How the hell can they regenerate so much hp? What has changed since Cata?

we got god mode status, umad?

15+ Year Old Account
    Second win my friend, second wind.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Were you able to tell what spec he was? Second wind is pretty damn good. Hp per second and is on no DR or ICD.

Deleted
    So, after a warrior goes below 35% he regenerates 3% hp per second. No cooldown. Great. :P

I think it was arms. 90% positive.
    Last edited by mmocc7fa9b5d2f; 2012-10-01 at 01:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnarch View Post
    So, after a warrior goes below 35% he regenerates 3% hp per second. No cooldown. Great. :P

I think it was arms. 90% positive.
    It's incredibly overpowered for all warrior specs 1v1, more so for a prot warrior. I had a 15 minute fight with a hunter the other day just because I couldn't keep in contact with him and he couldn't take me down past second wind. As stupidly powerful as the talent is, last I heard blizzard wasn't going to nerf it, saying that it was only too strong in 1v1 and duels, which is something that they don't balance pvp around. On the plus side, I can level up all the way through pandaria without fear of getting ganked.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Last night I tried to gank a lvl 89 warrior with my feral druid that is 5/8 contender's gear and carrying a 427 ilvl staff. The thing is that no matter how hard I tried to kill him, he wouldn't die, but instead my health was dropping. I know I didn't play very well, mostly because I thought it would be an easy kill, but seriously. How the hell can they regenerate so much hp? What has changed since Cata?
    i had the exact same expierence.....it was a very close fight, but the arms warrior kept selfhealing on low hp. I did read in blue, the selfheal got or will be nerfed....i thought it got hotfixed but obviously not enough? It can really surprise one. I think this shit should stay.

I mean i see finally a really good use of the improved executions some classes got now.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2012-10-01 at 01:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    i had the exact same expierence.....it was a very close fight, but the arms warrior kept selfhealing on low hp. I did read in blue, the selfheal got or will be nerfed....i thought it got hotfixed but obviously not enough? It can really surprise one. I think this shit should stay.

I mean i see finally a really good use of the improved executions some classes got now.
    All healing was temp nerfed pre-mop

Deleted
    Warriors are incredibly strong at the moment. What makes them even stronger is that we PvP in defensive stance now, taking 25% less damage.

We also have a defensive cooldown that doesn't require a shield, and still have Shield Wall as well.

The only way you're going to kill a Warrior that uses Second Wind is to save your biggest DPS cooldowns and possibly some CC til he drops below 35% health (or 50% depending on your burst).

Deleted
    Use berserk for < 35% and if you fancy it, Incarnation, you will kill him in seconds if you aren't CCed even through second wind thanks to the insane damage Ravage does. Using Soul of the Forest or Treants, you will struggle to take one down. Just keep all bleeds rolling and savage roar up with a well timed Maim + shreds.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's kinda funny, i went into pvp and have around 48-50% res, i got frozen by a mage and next thing i knew. I was dead. All 343k hp gone... (i'm arms) I also have second wind. Still rolled over me like i was a piece of paper.

But on the positive note. I had a 20 minute duel against a druid because we couldn't kill each other. Haha

Yep they need to be fixed,but wait..blizzard doesnt care.

Deleted
    It's just a bit over the top to think that they can regenerate more than 9k hp per second. It practically means that in 10 secs they are back to the point Second Wind activated. An internal cd would really balance things up. So that the ability can't proc more often than once a minute. Even Cheat Death pales before this one. At least you know that the rogue will eventually die after some seconds, plus that Recuperate gives 3% per 3 seconds and it is a finishing move. I think that SW should work like it.

It's just a bit over the top to think that they can regenerate more than 9k hp per second. It practically means that in 10 secs they are back to the point Second Wind activated. An internal cd would really balance things up. So that the ability can't proc more often than once a minute. Even Cheat Death pales before this one. At least you know that the rogue will eventually die after some seconds, plus that Recuperate gives 3% per 3 seconds and it is a finishing move. I think that SW should work like it.
    You mean after he uses his god mode vanish ?
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

so many warrior tears on the forums after 2 bad seasons. they get to be the god mode melee of wow again.

they overbuffed them far far far too much in my opinion, mostly because of things like being able to access piercing howl AND gag order.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Warrior are killing machines at the beginning of every season. Just wait and see the QQ of all in the arena in a few days. Just like at the beginning of Cata. Charge, Throwdown, Colossus Smash, BOOM! Next.

Yes warriors are the strongest melee, but our anti class the mage is the strongest caster... So we are still going to be controlled or one shotted by any team that has a mage.

All self-healing should be removed completely. How is it fun to play a class knowing that the only reason you haven't already been raped is because of your passive OP healing?

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    All healing was temp nerfed pre-mop
    I believe only pure heals were nerfed, not selfheals of dds( the mechanics like second wind that are based on % of max health), at least a person in blue quoted it like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    I believe only pure heals were nerfed, not selfheals of dds( the mechanics like second wind that are based on % of max health), at least a person in blue quoted it like that.
    I think you are right. My healing spells heal me only a few k hp more at level 90 than they did before the release, meaning that while I have 250% more health than I had at 85, I heal only 25% more. Meanwhile a warrior heals for more than 10k/sec when he is under 35%. Best HoT of the game?