Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    After trying multi-dotting and my AOE dos is still underpowered, i decided that my rotation would still be MS-MS-MS. C'mon GC, make MC like 60's and i will go back to multi-dotting. For me, I can't do multi-dotting on 10 mobs, this is ridiculous. If i use MS on 10 mobs, my dps looks really nice.(like i am a lvl80 spriest in 90 dungeons)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney Houston View Post
    I don't understand why blizzard wants to subject spriests to such double standards when other specs have even stronger and mindless aoe spam.

Half the time you wonder if the blizzard work culture makes you illiterate, as they fail to read our feedback regarding burst aoe (congealing bloods) or multiple weak adds (eg onyxian whelps). It appears that they want us to weave in dot spam for aoe situations, but this seems pretty hilarious, considering the slow ramp up time of dots. Can you imagine having to multidot 8+ adds, while other classes press a single button and do more aoe dps than you. And honestly spriests have always had an exceptional advantage in multidot fights, to nudge us even more towards that direction just seems like a really bad balancing decision.
    You mean basically t11 all over again Maloriak HC? :P
    Oh, and while they changed mind sear to hit even less then it did prenerf 85 during ds (think the damage is close to the damage it did during t11) they gave monks crane spinning which is doing the same :P
    Last edited by mmoca05de5a2bf; 2012-10-01 at 07:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far our AoE capabilities are in such a terrible state that it doesn't even worth to bother when you have more than 3-4 adds.
    Especially when they are low HP it's almost impossible not to rank at the bottom of the meters.
    MS hit like a pillow and by the time you apply VT on your last target most of them are dead.

I'm curious to see if this will change when better gear becomes available but i really doubt.

Monk tanks doing 200k+ DPS on big aoe pulls while im lucky to get 70k or so, depressing.

Feels like SWP and VE are just there to look good now to, they tick for pathetic amounts when your sporting around 20,000SP in 463 gear.

We haven't raided yet, so it's perhaps early to talk about this yet..

I don't get why I am called a damage dealer, when another class called tank tops the damage charts most of the dungeons.

Besides, I don't get why our AoE gets nerfed so hard while frost mages and warlocks can continue doing double as much they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    We haven't raided yet, so it's perhaps early to talk about this yet..

I don't get why I am called a damage dealer, when another class called tank tops the damage charts most of the dungeons.

Besides, I don't get why our AoE gets nerfed so hard while frost mages and warlocks can continue doing double as much they do.
    Its not too early, this is what simulationcraft is used for.
    Because tanks have vengence.
    Because blizzard dont understand basic logic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Maybe have some kind of AoE with orbs? Seeing as there is often AoE on demand and you often know when there will be AoE that is the most important thing. Having the orbs either enhance mind sear or a new ability to use in AoE situations might be something a bit more useful.

It also removes the "lazy" factor that mindsear have where you can (unless you are going for absolute best for the group) just target a raid member and spam mindsear till everything is dead.
    This would be an amazing addition

Though I have to say so far I love using halo, despite its long cooldown and its ability to pull everything in sight in 5mans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprints View Post
    Monk tanks doing 200k+ DPS on big aoe pulls while im lucky to get 70k or so, depressing.

Feels like SWP and VE are just there to look good now to, they tick for pathetic amounts when your sporting around 20,000SP in 463 gear.
    Well tanks outdps every dps class on aoe atm, so we're hardly unique there.

We seem way down compared to other dps classes though, especially on the smallish pack aoe that a lot of dungeons have - 3-5 mobs typically. You can dot them up but it takes so long you basically spend all your time casting dots, or mind sear which hits for nothing. Joy. I get most of my aoe from halo at the moment, which is cool, but only getting to do proper aoe once every 40s is a bit dull.

Yeah, Spriest AOE needs a buff. The question is when will we get it.
    Hi Sephurik