Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Can you take screenshots with all addons off?

Some addons burn through your frame rates. In this case, I think it might be your nameplate addon.
    http://oi46.tinypic.com/4uucf9.jpg - All addons turned off.
    http://oi48.tinypic.com/adfc53.jpg - Same here, but view distance at low.
    Last edited by mmocdd889ff95a; 2012-10-01 at 12:50 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    @OP update your video driver... also...6gb ram with windows 64 and wow 64 may not be enough to run at ultra settings...

Stop overclocking...it's bad...ALWAYS...

Also, check if your cpu is not overheating...this might be the problem

Deleted
    Have you disabled the integrated graphics in BIOS?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    @OP update your video driver... also...6gb ram with windows 64 and wow 64 may not be enough to run at ultra settings...

GPU-driver updated.
    And no, overclocking aint bad. Well it can be if you have no idea how to do it.
    Temp ~35-40.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninthward View Post
    Have you disabled the integrated graphics in BIOS?
    Dont think so. But why should it matter?

@op Ive noticed certain zones cap me @ 30 fps for no apparent reason with any settings, then I pass a border and boom 60 fps and I do enable Vsync, think its some optimization errors similar to D3 launch tbh.

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 01:04 PM ----------

Overclocking is never "BAD" nor is changing the Fuel to Air ratio in a car which is basically overclocking. Dangerous yes but I wouldnt call the work a firemen does bad just cuz its dangerous.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-10-01 at 01:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joakim View Post
    Dont think so. But why should it matter?
    When it's enabled it sometimes run things on that instead off your graphics card, some kind of auto setting. Experienced it a few times before i turned it off. Might be worth a shot.

Deleted
    @OP update your video driver...
    I would suggest this too as it could be an issue. Make sure you completely uninstall your drivers before you install new ones. Run a driver cleaner utility if needed.

also...6gb ram with windows 64 and wow 64 may not be enough to run at ultra settings...
    6GB RAM is plenty, unless the addons clog up.

While not entirely true, overclocking can cause issues. Try to run the game with stock clocks and see if it helps. Otherwise, overclocking is great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninthward View Post
    When it's enabled it sometimes run things on that instead off your graphics card, some kind of auto setting. Experienced it a few times before i turned it off. Might be worth a shot.
    Will try that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I would suggest this too as it could be an issue. Make sure you completely uninstall your drivers before you install new ones. Run a driver cleaner utility if needed.

While not entirely true, overclocking can cause issues. Try to run the game with stock clocks and see if it helps. Otherwise, overclocking is great.
    Driversweeper etc etc, done. Will try stock-clock.

Possible its because of my harddrive? Its a really old one. Guess i can check HDD-load while im playing with some software, any tip?

Also, i have WoW and Windows on the same harddrive if that matters. 7200rpm, its maybe 4 year old or something.
    Last edited by mmocdd889ff95a; 2012-10-01 at 01:33 PM.

Please stop being sidetracked and please stop ignoring the warnings. Keep it up and infractions will be handed out instead of deletings.

Deleted
    Do you always play in windowed mode?
    Do you have this bad fps in fullscreen?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheThrym View Post
    Do you always play in windowed mode?
    Do you have this bad fps in fullscreen?
    No difference at all between fullscreen and Windowed.

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 05:00 PM ----------

Okay, so.

Disabled onboard GPU, onboard sound, everything at stock, memory at correct volt etc. No difference at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how to help, but I used to have something similar happen to me (given this was several years ago, but may be related). I used to have this problem where any time there was blue fog (like, walking through a forest and seeing the blue fog in the distance) my FPS would plummet into single digits. The weird thing was that I could have my view distance set to the max and the rest of the world was fine, but as soon as the blue fog showed up the game became unplayable. Unfortunately, I don't remember how I fixed it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    I'm not sure how to help, but I used to have something similar happen to me (given this was several years ago, but may be related). I used to have this problem where any time there was blue fog (like, walking through a forest and seeing the blue fog in the distance) my FPS would plummet into single digits. The weird thing was that I could have my view distance set to the max and the rest of the world was fine, but as soon as the blue fog showed up the game became unplayable. Unfortunately, I don't remember how I fixed it.
    Sadly, it happens in instances aswell. 5 mans. :/

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 05:34 PM ----------

No difference when i placed WoW on another harddrive.

Help still needed! And thanks for answers so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim View Post
    Sadly, it happens in instances aswell. 5 mans. :/

---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 05:34 PM ----------

No difference when i placed WoW on another harddrive.

Help still needed! And thanks for answers so far.
    As I said it could be absolutely nothing to do with your system, im seeing weird fps in open world as well not as dramatic as yours but still. The patch is only a week old let them check everything etc. Its unfortunate but it is what it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    More view distance means more things being seen...
    More things being seen means more of the cpu/gpu/ect being used...

Don't think anybody doesn't have this "problem".. but is it really a "problem?" I don't think so.

More everything usually involves a fps drop, unless you're going to run quad 690s..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    More view distance means more things being seen...
    More things being seen means more of the cpu/gpu/ect being used...

Don't think anybody doesn't have this "problem".. but is it really a "problem?" I don't think so.

More everything usually involves a fps drop, unless you're going to run quad 690s..
    Tested it out with a friend yesterday, we stood at the exactly same place. He use a i5 2500k and a 6970 (just a little bit better then a hd7850) and he had way more FPS than me.

Im not stupid, i know it requires more of your hardware with better view distance/better settings, but, read above, also that i have a i5 2500k at 4.5ghz should be enough. Especially when other ppl have better FPS with worse hardware. Its kinda obvious for me that something is wrong.

And again, im also talking about 5 man instances. Not only world. Raiding in a 25man guild so this will really be a problem later on i guess. I had almost no problem before MOP. So ya, something is wrong. For me it seems that it isnt WoW itself (but at the same time, it is), since as i said, others dont have this problem.
    Last edited by mmocdd889ff95a; 2012-10-02 at 07:37 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is a kinda crazy, probably not right suggestion but i have seen it once. it is possible that your overclock has failed and reset to a extremely low base frequency. an inexperienced overclocker friend of mine set an unstable OC, it blue screened while he was away from the computer and he never noticed it when he went back to his computer(just started it up by pushing the button) and his i5 2500k was set to 1.6ghz in a safe mode. i come over and say obv your FPS sucks at 1.6ghz!! lol.

well might as well check it eh?

wish i could voice my opinion on someone elses opinionin this thread but alas i will pass. i just wish people would stop posting false information like wow uses more gpu then cpu.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    this is a kinda crazy, probably not right suggestion but i have seen it once. it is possible that your overclock has failed and reset to a extremely low base frequency. an inexperienced overclocker friend of mine set an unstable OC, it blue screened while he was away from the computer and he never noticed it when he went back to his computer(just started it up by pushing the button) and his i5 2500k was set to 1.6ghz in a safe mode. i come over and say obv your FPS sucks at 1.6ghz!! lol.

well might as well check it eh?

wish i could voice my opinion on someone elses opinionin this thread but alas i will pass. i just wish people would stop posting false information like wow uses more gpu then cpu.
    It runs at 1.6ghz idle, and 3.3GHz load. Actually in WoW it did went down to idle pretty often (to 1.6ghz) thats why i decided to change my speedstep to off, but nothing changed. Using standard-clock at the moment, with speedstep. But well, no difference. Im thinking of reinstalling my Windows since i changed my GPU from a hd5750 to this, 7850 since last time i reinstalled it.

Are you running any browser tab with YouTube or any kind of flash running? If so, right click in the flash and go into settings and disable hardware acceleration, then reload all tabs just in case