Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    You should never, ever pick to play the FoTM class. You should always opt to play their hard counter.
    or maybe try playing a mage, you will always be on top no matter what is the FOTM class

tell me a season where you didn t see a mage in top ranking setups

In world PVP I really like Ret Paladins. They have a lot of cooldowns you can use to counter each class and the healing was great from 85-89. If your fighting a pure dps class then you should always win. The only problem I have is with DKs because I just can't manage to dps past their blood spec heals. Once I get this guy up to 90 with some PVP gear I'll probably switch over to my Spriest just because they finally get some loving and I don't think Blizzard will nerf them. Rogues will get a buff soon so that may be another good route to go for future pvp. Plus they are always fun in world pvp.

I've always been a hunter and I'm glad to see BM is back, but after 3 years, I just cant play the hunter class anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post
    I have a dk. They are as bad as in cata, due to being very squishy and also having no cc unless you spec Asphyxiate but any dk worth a damn will not be choosing the stun over Death's Advance which is just too good not to take. Dks are particularly bad against warriors (wait till warlols stack damage cooldowns while dks have no way to run away, disable the warrior or pop any defensive cds (icebound fortitude is a joke)), frost mages, hunters who spec Clue (granted not that many), rogues (when rogues get buffed and they will) and obviously feral druids. A bad choice for pvp.
    While this is all true for frost/uh dks, especially Arenas, you are totally overlooking the fact that blood dks are probably the best FC carriers in RBGS without any contender here.

allready very strong FCs in cata, they got now anti magic zone, death's advance and the new ability on 90 desecration( cc immunity 10 sec long). considering that the most powerful dds now are casters or BM hunters and blood dk works better against them than a warrior for example, i see the dk as a class working very well in pvp right now.
    For Arenas maybe play a caster until the opness of some classes got all nerfed away as usual, however, since the rogue got a big hit with the nerfbat, at least subletly, and there are certainly many locks, spriests and mages, i forsee a great furture for the uh/frost dk, as our 2 dd specs work very well against them.
    Over at Arena Junkies most dks agreed that the problem in 4.3 was just subletly beeing op not the dk beeing too weak. Our problem should be the Warrior now, he beats ferals too. And this in duels alone.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2012-10-01 at 01:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hybrids are Healers with tons of DMG. Pure DPS classes are outdated and useless.
    Happy on a Classic Realm :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    While this is all true for frost/uh dks, especially Arenas, you are totally overlooking the fact that blood dks are probably the best FC carriers in RBGS without any contender here.

allready very strong FCs in cata, they got now anti magic zone, death's advance and the new ability on 90 desecration( cc immunity 10 sec long). considering that the most powerful dds now are casters or BM hunters and blood dk works better against them than a warrior for example, i see the dk as a class working very well in pvp right now.
    For Arenas maybe play a caster until the opness of some classes got all nerfed away as usual, however, since the rogue got a big hit with the nerfbat, at least subletly, and there are certainly many locks, spriests and mages, i forsee a great furture for the uh/frost dk, as our 2 dd specs work very well against them.
    Over at Arena Junkies most dks agreed that the problem in 4.3 was just subletly beeing op not the dk beeing too weak. Our problem should be the Warrior now, he beats ferals too. And this in duels alone.

I completely disagree dks without AMS,IBF is a sitting duck, even with amz in a caster dominated game I.e(mages,spriest,warlock,ele) all witch are doing insane damage at the moment a dk will just explode. Lets take a closer look shall we.

DK
    Ams
    Ibf
    Amz
    Desecrated ground
    Now bare in mind a dk needs something to hit to stack absorbs.

Warriors
    Rallying cry
    Spell reflect
    Gag order(silence if glyphed)
    Shockwave
    Shield wall
    Enraged regen
    Heroic leap
    Charge
    Intervene

Now I'll take a warrior for my 2500+ rbg over dk anyday

Now back to the topic there is no way to tell what class is better than the other at the moment, yes there's contenders gear but that's not a full set,weapons,trinkets off pieces( wont scale as well as malevolent gear)we will se when the season starts what classes are doing good and what ones are doing bad.Dont forget blizz will still tweak class,we all know it will happen. My suggestion is stick to the class you like. learn the ins and outs and you will be fine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozzy View Post
    Hybrids are Healers with tons of DMG. Pure DPS classes are outdated and useless.
    Like frost mages?

Quote Originally Posted by nohands101 View Post
    I completely disagree dks without AMS,IBF is a sitting duck, even with amz in a caster dominated game I.e(mages,spriest,warlock,ele) all witch are doing insane damage at the moment a dk will just explode. Lets take a closer look shall we.

DK
    Ams
    Ibf
    Amz
    Desecrated ground
    Now bare in mind a dk needs something to hit to stack absorbs.

Warriors
    Rallying cry
    Spell reflect
    Gag order(silence if glyphed)
    Shockwave
    Shield wall
    Enraged regen
    Heroic leap
    Charge
    Intervene

Now I'll take a warrior for my 2500+ rbg over dk anyday

Now back to the topic there is no way to tell what class is better than the other at the moment, yes there's contenders gear but that's not a full set,weapons,trinkets off pieces( wont scale as well as malevolent gear)we will se when the season starts what classes are doing good and what ones are doing bad.Dont forget blizz will still tweak class,we all know it will happen. My suggestion is stick to the class you like. learn the ins and outs and you will be fine
    You think the warrior will stay like that for long? I mean second wind + def stance? Screams for the nerf bat, actually.

Dead sure some BM hunters will alow me to give absorb shields, won't matter much though, cause they don't work against magic dmg and lets see how many melees will do rbgs on higher ratings.
    I played blood dk in rbgs as a FC. And felt allready too durable. Right now with those tools i never had access too, you only think the warrior is the best FC? With all that caster dmg, burst and control around? I like how AMZ can protect my healers too and its sad nobody speaks about prot and guardian fcs yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmn View Post
    Like frost mages?
    I was talking about pure DPS classes like the Rogue.. not about the most loved bluebaby superheroclass.
    Happy on a Classic Realm :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzy View Post
    I was talking about pure DPS classes like the Rogue.. not about the most loved bluebaby superheroclass.
    Really is disgusting that Mages will be the overpowered class for ANOTHER EXPANSION.

PvP is so unbalance now it's not even funny. I doubt even the 'resilience will fix it' argument is gonna suffice. Nothing right now is fun about PvP.

Contrary to popular belief... mages aren't stupid OP. Mage damage is super predictable, takes one dispell to make em shitty, and their cooldowns aren't OP/have longish cooldowns.

Right now the way I see it:
    Any healer - these fuckers never ever ever die. You need at least 3 people on a competent geared healer for him to drop below half.

Hybrids besides ele shamans - Super OP offheals are retarded.

Warriors - OMFG warriors. Melee and caster alike get wrecked by them. I fucking hate warriors this expansion. They have too many fucking gap closers (you really don't need 3) plus a few spells (if talented) that make them immune to slows and shit. Let's not forget how they never die when second wind is up and how they have 25% dmg reduction since they now run around in defense stance. Plus they have defensives now up the ass that are just godmode just like bears used to be. Seriously, blizzard has to address this. Cry me a fucking river about how they sucked all cata, this isn't even balanced, but stupid.

BM hunters - BM hunters are ridiculously OP. They're like the new rogue. Open up with uber damage, blow every cooldown, reset with readiness, if that all fails, run away like a little bitch. Reset fight. Profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people don't understand in this thread that DK's are an anti healer class. They're job is to apply high amounts of sustained pressure as well as a timed lockout against them as well as pure casters. DK's are supposed to be weak against melee because of this.

I'm playing my unholy DK & I find it pretty viable so far. Can't wait to jump into arenas.

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly its pretty balanced right now besides shadow priests being a little op and rogues being underpowered

i would say frost mage or spriest right now cuz globaling people is awesome sauce in 1 cs

locks are pretty up there too

if you play a ret or a bm well you will enjoy these classes

10+ Year Old Account
    and rets are only strong in bgs when they have wings up and because of lay on hands, they will not be op at all in arena though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    If you're playing WoW for serious PvP, you're going to have a bad time. Even GW2 which was released like a month ago has tons better class balance than this 8 yr old game in terms of PvP.

If you want true PvP, play a PvP game. This is an "amusement park" game, it has a bit of everything, but it's the master of nothing (well, I'll give raids to it. It's the best raiding game out there. But definitely not the best PvP game by any stretch of the imagination)
    WoW can be a real pvp game if you push it far enough.
    Qui a rejeté son démon nous importune avec ses anges.
    -Henri Michaux

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Rets are strong as fuck.
    At 90.. ? Not so. WoG is really weak, and damage vs resi isn't exactly what will kill someone.
    Shadowpriests , Mages are defo MVP's , again.

anyone sayng rets are OP need to sit back, grab a beer, and rethink their statement.

Rets only 'seem' op if you've ever been on the receiving end of their avatar/wings burst. The inbetween CD time you may as well ignore them on the battlefield.

Mages on the other hand need a smack in the face with the nerfbat.

SPs needs their offhealing toned down a lot becouse with mindbender they can heal all day and never get out of mana. Prior to it offhealing actually affected their mana pool forcing some downtime on them. As it is now teams with SP will have a combined power of 2dps+healer and dps+2healers on demand - sure as hell needs an imidiate nerf. Retri palas can still be countered with disarm into stun during wings and their offhealing is no longer as obscene as it was, mages still have hunters to keep them in check. Warriors are solid and can fit in more setups now with option to go for serious control build.

So yeh SPs are #1 offender imo and if they let them be we'll see combinations of healer +sp +boomkin/lock/mage all over the place. Leap of faith was usefull enough, but with introduction of Void Shift their utility shot way over the top since they can't be switched on fast enough due to dispersion. Compared to priests every class got boned with their lvl 87 ability - in PvP it's use is obvious and highly efficient, in PvE any priest can macro Void Shift on tank and press it when tank get low.

Healers survivability is insane too, mostly becouse of wide array of cds they got access to with new talent tree design - too many outs and too high healing output, at least interaction between PvP power and healing output should be looked at - (read nerfed). Hopefully for once Blizz will aknowledge problems fast enough before FOTM teams will get to camp their free glad+ ranks...

Deleted
    Every class except me is the best