Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You played Vanilla if you farmed at Hearthglen, instead of that overpopular Tyr's Hand

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    You played Vanilla if you farmed at Hearthglen, instead of that overpopular Tyr's Hand
    Nah, made my shineys on Tyr's Hand

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    When you ran into Arcanite Reaper Shaman who 1 shotted you (no internal WF cooldowns either)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Pretty sure that this is a crap way to discover if someone played during vanilla or not. I have two accounts and play one I bought during tBC far more than I do my original day1 account, for example.
    *shrug* I was only responding to the comment that absolutely everyone who played in classic will at least have a Rank 1 feat since rank 1 only required a single HK. On PvE realms, it's pretty easy to never get an HK, so absence of any titles doesn't necessarily mean they didn't play.

(fwiw, it shouldn't matter in your case whether you play your original account much anymore; achievements are shared across WoW licenses now, so it's Feats will show up on your BC account if they're under the same battle.ne)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodylotion View Post
    Wow dude, the scholomance one, very good one! Forgot about that one, haha.

Remember when AV opened up, it was so busy in alterac mountains, whole server standing infront of the entrance to the BG! No battlegroups, just faction vs faction against your own server people!
    Also have to had upon hours and hours in the same AV. lol

Deleted
    When a warrior couldn't level without First Aid or a good supply of food.

When it took 16 days played to reach level cap on your first characer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    1- 60 Took 2-6 months.
    I hit 60 in about 12 days played on my first character.. Took me a little over a month.

Also, we were using CT Mod for Molten Core raiding so anyone saying mods didn't exist was bad or simply not trying to maximize raid performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    Also, we were using CT Mod for Molten Core raiding so anyone saying mods didn't exist was bad or simply not trying to maximize raid performance.
    Haha I remember that one! I had forgotten about it.

There were other mods, too. I used something called Cosmos which, in hindsight, I think was an addon package. I got it because it gave me more action bars (before the default had the option of additional bars aside from the scrolling ones on your main bar), but it had map coords, auto-fill in for game mails, Damage Meter, and instance maps. I also had a scrolling combat text addon (just called SCT).

I also used a threat addon -- what was the one that was popular before Omen became the standard? I don't remember the name, but we all had to use the same one (otherwise that person wouldn't show on anyone else's), so surely someone else remembers.

Plus everyone remembers decursive from vanilla.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Haha I remember that one! I had forgotten about it.

There were other mods, too. I used something called Cosmos which, in hindsight, I think was an addon package. I got it because it gave me more action bars (before the default had the option of additional bars aside from the scrolling ones on your main bar), but it had map coords, auto-fill in for game mails, Damage Meter, and instance maps. I also had a scrolling combat text addon (just called SCT).

I also used a threat addon -- what was the one that was popular before Omen became the standard? I don't remember the name, but we all had to use the same one (otherwise that person wouldn't show on anyone else's), so surely someone else remembers.

Plus everyone remembers decursive from vanilla.
    I forgot all about Cosmos. I was so sad when that addon was shut down...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, decursive was pretty much required for any healer. I also used SCT, nice and simple.

I can't remember the name of the threat meter either, I will check some ss from vanilla tonight and see if I can figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Swag View Post
    Sure they could. They took daggers away from paladins right about the time of the Reckoning nerf. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xhgvouRprw
    Where are all the true Vanillaphiles?!
    The broken daggers were from the rogue ambushing him to stack reckoning (you didn't lose durability from dying in pvp but you did from the weapon swings, over a long period of time) not equipped by the paladin, because they couldn't equip daggers.

You obviously aren't a true Vanillaphiles.
    Last edited by Choptimus; 2012-10-01 at 04:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    I can't remember the name of the threat meter either, I will check some ss from vanilla tonight and see if I can figure it out.
    I want to say it started with a "K" but I could just be pulling that out of my ass.

My raid leader, btw, still has his old DKP spreadsheets from classic. There's another way to know he played; no one would fake something so tedious!

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    This one belongs in a vanilla nostalgia thread.

you know you played vanilla wow, when u remember sap breaking you out of stealth
    you know you played vanilla wow, when you remember retaliation not having any animation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    The broken daggers were from the rogue ambushing him to stack reckoning (you didn't lose durability from dying in pvp but you did from the weapon swings, over a long period of time) not equipped by the paladin, because they couldn't equip daggers.

You obviously aren't a true Vanillaphiles.
    Yeah, paladins have never been able to use daggers.

My friend rolled on and won Finkle's skinner over me as a pally and then couldn't use it so it was wasted . Was a big deal at that time cause everyone needed the skin from the Beast.

Deleted
    when your highest char was a lvl 19 hunter and u had no idea what a pet was untill lvl 16...:O

or is it jus me ?:P and yes i can remember all these things u listed caus i played on a friends acount and he had a 60 warrior , my own acount made it to lvl 19 xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    You played vanilla if you summoned the ice lord in alterac valley.
    Last time I summoned him was in WotLK.

Deleted
    I remember being a Demonology Warlock before patch 1.6, pretty much 90% of the talents did nothing for the class.

I don't think anything else in the game has been as horribly broken as that spec was.
    Closer near the end of vanilla it become a good Warlock PvP spec though.

Oh, and another good one that not many people know. In the beginning of vanilla WoW there was absolutely no existance of PvP yet.
    It's strange to realize now, but PvP was one of the major new things in one of the content patches of vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    you know you played vanilla wow, when u remember sap breaking you out of stealth
    We had one rogue in our raid who spec'd into the Sub talent that kept you in stealth when you sapped something, for CC on raid trash. He still died all the time, but I still was insanely jealous (I also raided as a rogue, but I didn't have the talent).

I STILL REMEMBER YOU FITZPATRICK.

I actually still have a lot of my old friends from classic on my friends' list, even ones who haven't played since then.

| twitch | bsky
    |