Poll: Do you think America could be taken over by a hostile force?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ross Perot says America could be "taken over" by a hostile force.

Article here http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/a...152428497.html

I think it's ridiculous and dumb for him to say that. I don't see any way that could happen.

Do you think America could be invaded and taken over by a hostile force?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

The day we stop allowing biased, business/contract-focused Texans to enter the political venue is the day we will be taken over by a hostile force - a hostile force named "reason."

Deleted
    aliens? no doubt about it no matter what kind of weapons we got by then we're(as in globally speaking) outgunned big time for sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post

I think it's ridiculous and dumb for him to say that. I don't see any way that could happen.

No, and if anyone or anything tried we would launch our 26,000 nuclear warheads towards their spot on the map. Mutually assured destruction.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if a large portion of the worlds powers joined forces, maybe. But honestly, the US has the most powerful military force on the planet right now, so it would be very long and very bloody, and in the end, not worth it for either side.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deleted
    I just saw a documentary about 9/11 and how the US litterary could not defend themself at all. Unorganized to say the least.
    Therefore it's rather plausible that a hostile force could invade America someday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, in theory if we were faced with an enemy large enough and with enough resources, but I do not think that short of the entire world backing a Russian/Chinese invasion of the USA, that enemy exists.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post

I think anything is possible, but honestly it would be if America collapsed from the inside first. We (The US) is VERY lucky geographically since we have Canada to the North and Mexico to the South. Canada is a close ally, and Alaska around the borders Russia is actually very heavily fortified. We will know of any attacks on our 'weak spots' well ahead of time since we monitor them very closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrament View Post
    I think anything is possible, but honestly it would be if America collapsed from the inside first. We (The US) is VERY lucky geographically since we have Canada to the North and Mexico to the South. Canada is a close ally, and Alaska around the borders Russia is actually very heavily fortified. We will know of any attacks on our 'weak spots' well ahead of time since we monitor them very closely.
    Agreed. Even in this era of globalization the United States is largely protected by distance. it's not 100% protection, but trying to get a force large enough to actually invade the country and it's pretty vast geography is a massive, massive problem and would be pretty conspicuous ahead of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post
    I just saw a documentary about 9/11 and how the US litterary could not defend themself at all. Unorganized to say the least.
    Therefore it's rather plausible that a hostile force could invade America someday.
    A terrorist attack and a full force military invasion are 100% different things.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

America could be invaded. I mean it would take most of the worlds forces.... but they could be.

Deleted
    I don't see how an invading force could take over the USA when ever they fee like. I think it's a stupid assumption to have that an "unnamed foreign invader" could take over the USA, maybe destroy a bit of it but not take over...

Deleted
    The entire America? No, that's very unlikely.

A country (Chile, Bolivia, Paraguay etc)? Yes, I believe that it's possible.

inb4 "X candidate wants to sell america to the chinese!!!"

We're an island. The only way we could be invaded would be by sea or air (mostly sea, fighter jets have to refuel somewhere), which means we'd see it coming for miles and could take care of it easily (you think we're afraid to drop some nukes on your entire force while they're in the water/away from civilians?). The logistics for a ground invasion just aren't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post
    A single attack is far different than an invasion. An attack can be over with within minutes. An invasion takes a long time.

Texas alone could prevent most invasions, apart from like a full on invasion from china. I imagine our full military and armed citizens combined could defend against any invasion though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    A single attack is far different than an invasion. An attack can be over with within minutes. An invasion takes a long time.

Texas alone could prevent most invasions, apart from like a full on invasion from china. I imagine our full military and armed citizens combined could defend against any invasion though.
    let's not even get into places like montana. i think i would rather try texas than that place, it's where people too crazy for texas go, lol. and damn do they have some serious hardware

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    let's not even get into places like montana. i think i would rather try texas than that place, it's where people too crazy for texas go, lol. and damn do they have some serious hardware
    Yea, montana has some different folk up there. Was a nice place to visit when they didnt have speed limits though >.>

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Yea, montana has some different folk up there. Was a nice place to visit when they didnt have speed limits though >.>
    i hear it's beautiful country. too damned cold for my liking though

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    No, and if anyone or anything tried we would launch our 26,000 nuclear warheads towards their spot on the map. Mutually assured destruction.
    You don't have that many, but good point.