[Balance] How do you aoe?

Tell us how do you find best (dps wise) to aoe in the following scenarios:

1) 5+ mobs tanked in place

2) 5+ mobs that are on the move (i.e. tank has to move them out of shit in ground)

3) 3-4 mobs tanked in place

4) 3-4 mobs that are on the move (i.e. tank has to move them out of shit in ground)

Optionally, if you want to be more specific then for each item above give us 2 answer: one where mobs have low health (were usually a dot is not worth it) and mobs with bigger health pools.

Edit: if possible, please mention which eclipse you ideally would want to be while aoeing the scenarios above.

I'll post a reply to this with my own findings.
    Last edited by land; 2012-10-02 at 03:13 PM.

1. hurricane
    2. hurricane
    3. hurricane
    4. hurricane
    5. hurricane

yeeeah

Deleted
    1. starfall + hurricane
    2. starfall + dots
    3. starfall + hurricane
    4. starfall + dots

Is what I usually do, I really hate how weak our dots are now. Dont really like sitting and spamming hurricane...

Before starting aoe I put myself in a eclipse state, put down mushrooms, dot everything up, starfall, donate mushrooms, hurricane

If I can I try to put myself in Eclipse (Solar) so I can use two starfalls in a short period of time since starfall resets when you enter Eclipse (Lunar)

But from what I've noticed, even with BiS pre raid gear, our aoe is pretty weak compared to other classes

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

Depends how lazy/chatty I am. If I'm lazy/chatty, its just Hurricane. Otherwise I might use Starfall/DoTs/Starsurge spam. Getting completely smashed by our guilds' DPS warrior's tanking offspec and our elemental shaman, though.
    Usually I got with DoTs/Starsurge/hardcasts for 1-3 and Hurricane for 4+.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Multi-dotting have really suffered in MoP, as Sun/Moonfire have been reduced from 18 to 12 seconds, so you don't really have time to place 'shrooms or use hurricane..

/SIGH

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Multi-dotting have really suffered in MoP, as Sun/Moonfire have been reduced from 18 to 12 seconds, so you don't really have time to place 'shrooms or use hurricane..

/SIGH
    You mean you don't have time to multiDoT because Hurricane is better on any amount of targets where you'd multiDoT+Shroom in Cata.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Aoe with no cd's is terrible in mop, its so clunky and boring. Blizzard wreaked boom aoe.

Yeah boomy aoe feels anemic compared to other classes (omg chain lightning spam from elemental is crazy )

1-3 targets: I usually multidot and normal rotation and hope for SS procs.
    4+: Hurricane + Starfall (if it wont aggro additional crap)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Yeah boomy aoe feels anemic compared to other classes (omg chain lightning spam from elemental is crazy )

1-3 targets: I usually multidot and normal rotation and hope for SS procs.
    4+: Hurricane + Starfall (if it wont aggro additional crap)
    Gotta love SM and anything where the mobs are fighting each other. It's like the old days

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    1. starfall + hurricane
    2. starfall + dots
    3. starfall + hurricane
    4. starfall + dots
    That's what I do too while trying to be in solar when using hurricane (seems stronger that way).

And as for QQ, I feel like for a big crowd of mobs solar hurricane + starfall is pretty damn strong, I'm usually way above our ele shammy (since his chain lightnining has a limit of affected targets as far as i know). However, for 3-4 mobs then yeah, he is usually stronger unless they have enough life to make our dots worth it. If dealing with 3-4 mobs with low health then yeah, I'm screwed.